CHEAP WAY TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH! STRAWBERRIES FTW~

[h1]Whiten Your Teeth the Natural Way[/h1]
by Karina Timmel

White teeth and strawberries may not sound like they go hand in hand, but it turns out the berries can actually lighten your smile.

The secret to this inexpensive home whitening method is malic acid, which acts as an astringent to remove surface discoloration. Combined with baking soda, strawberries become a natural tooth-cleanser, buffing away stains from coffee, red wine, and dark sodas. While it's no replacement for a bleaching treatment at your dentist's office, "this is a fast, cheap way to brighten your smile," says Adina Carrel, DMD, a dentist in private practice at Manhattan Dental Arts in New York. "Be careful not to use this too often, though, as the acid could damage the enamel on your teeth."

You need:
1 ripe strawberry
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions: Crush the strawberry to a pulp, then mix with the baking powder until blended. Use a soft toothbrush to spread the mixture onto your teeth. Leave on for 5 minutes, then brush thoroughly with toothpaste to remove the berry-baking powder mix. Rinse. (A little floss will help get rid of any strawberry seeds.) Carrel says you can apply once a week.

- Karina Timmel is a former Assistant Beauty and Fashion Editor for Health.

happy.gif

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,23414,1136070,00.html

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

is it baking powder or baking soda? It mentions both...

its baking soda. the alkalinity in the soda makes it react with the acid in the strawberry.

the dope game taught me alot.

you can just use pure baking soda to whiten your teeth...it tastes gross but it works...peroxide also...just don't swallow...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you can just use pure baking soda to whiten your teeth...it tastes gross but it works...peroxide also...just don't swallow...

That's what she said.

Originally Posted by JC08

That's what she said.

if i had the rolling stoneface, i would give it to you.

but for now, this will do.
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

That's what she said.

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
the hell you talking bout? i'm saying you don't need strawberries and not to swallow if you gargle with peroxide...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

That's what she said.

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
the hell you talking bout? i'm saying you don't need strawberries and not to swallow if you gargle with peroxide...
eyes.gif

he was referring to jc08, not you

Back
Top Bottom