Cheapest place for cell phones?

I want to use my Verizon upgrade before they switch to their new "no contracts" strategy.

Does Wirefly no longer sell cell phones? They are basically linking me to Verizon's site when I pick a phone...

Is there another site where I can get a Galaxy 6 cheaper than the $200-250 that Verizon wants with a 2-year contract? I remember Wirefly would have the new phones for $100 including free overnight shipping and no tax...

If you dont want a contract. Craigslist but just to be safe take the L

Or hit up best buy mobile for deals

Last edited:
I'd like to switch to Verizon but it's expensive as hell and they were feuding with the IBEW so I'd rather wait til it get's settled before I give them my business.

T Mobile $30 plan.

100 minutes
Unlimited text
2.5 GB data
Plus T Mobile has wifi calling

Cop a $400 Moto X full price and call it a day

T Mobile $30 plan.

100 minutes
Unlimited text
2.5 GB data

I have Tmobile now and I hate it. Don't get service in a lot of places. It especially doesn't work when I really need it.

I'd like to switch to Verizon but it's expensive as hell and they were feuding with the IBEW so I'd rather wait til it get's settled before I give them my business.
Looking to join the IBEW now..just passed the test...now have to wait until June to know if i got in 
sick.gif

T Mobile $30 plan.

100 minutes
Unlimited text
2.5 GB data

The Moto X isn't gonna have wifi calling, unless Android supports it in its next os update

I have Tmobile now and I hate it. Don't get service in a lot of places. It especially doesn't work when I really need it.

Really depends on your area. Coverage maps are available on their website and they're pretty accurate.

But one thing is for certain, they have drastically improved their coverage over the last few years

The Moto X isn't gonna have wifi calling, unless Android supports it in its next os update

Hmm even the new one?

I'm switching over to the $120 plan with my family so I guess it doesn't even matter since I'll get unlimited talk :lol:

T Mobile $30 plan.

100 minutes
Unlimited text
2.5 GB data

You sure Tmo won't put a special ROM on there to support it? I'm with Republic Wireless and they have their customized software that supports wifi calling.

@GVHP2223   Check out Gazelle on ebay. They typically buy and resell used phones in great condition for a decent price. I think I heard if you go directly on their website, you might be able to get an even better deal.

You sure Tmo won't put a special ROM on there to support it? I'm with Republic Wireless and they have their customized software that supports wifi calling.

@GVHP2223
  Check out Gazelle on ebay. They typically buy and resell used phones in great condition for a decent price. I think I heard if you go directly on their website, you might be able to get an even better deal.

It's not being sold through carriers afaik. Only amazon, bestbuy and Motorola. It's part of their strategy to bypass carrier issues with updates.

Only T-Mobile phones have wifi calling . The nexus 6 is getting an update to support I heard but only phones bought through tmo have it.

Sprint and T Mobile are the cheapest. However their service sucks.

If your a text person, then those companies are ideal for you.

Looking to join the IBEW now..just passed the test...now have to wait until June to know if i got in :x  

Where you from?

I'm in San Jose, CA. First year apprentice Inside Wireman in Local 332.

You have to wait til June? Is that correct? I don't see why it would take so long. I applied in April and was working on October 20th. Granted we're in a boom and I was very fortunate. Idk if other locals have different application processes.

Swappa.com is a good place to buy phones off contract. Mostly used phones, some new, but they check the IMEIs so you know you're not getting burned. Decent prices, much better than retail.

Where you from?

I'm in San Jose, CA. First year apprentice Inside Wireman in Local 332.

You have to wait til June? Is that correct? I don't see why it would take so long. I applied in April and was working on October 20th. Granted we're in a boom and I was very fortunate. Idk if other locals have different application processes.

Yea they not accepting for the class anymore for this year..I was like a few weeks from the cut off date. I'm out DC local 26 ..I hope it comes through cause I really need this career. I'm a contractor for the DOJ now making good enough money ..but I'll take the pay cut for the career

I got all the way to the interview process wen I was 18 ..I'm 26 now I'm not ******* this up again Lol

$30 T-Mobile plan is the best plan for a single user who doesn't talk on the phone much.

Moto X :pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
how do people honestly use only 100 minutes? Even if I didn't have a GF i think I would need over 100 minutes :lol:

Just keep a little balance in there, just in case you go over. It's only 10¢ a minute after your 100mins. If you're a heavy talker then I wouldn't suggest it. I would also use Google hangouts dialer so I wouldn't use my minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom