Check out Gentry Humphrey's reaction when Niketalk is mentioned Vol.Kix and The City Interview III

All that ever comes out of his mouth are meaningless buzzwords, he really doesn't answer most of the questions asked very well.

Ha..
smh.gif

great video as someone stated earlier, jordan brand makes money with all the excess crap spizikes, dub zero's so you can't knock them for that theyhave to get paid, but i wish someone would grill this guy on why the shape of the sneakers are so off aka the long banana shape, and how we can get Nike on theback of a retro II but no nike air on the back of a grape and teal retro V

niketalk is mostly full of people who want the og's, the better quality, and the nike air on the back. everybody else in the world doesnt know how bad thequality is, they probably dont even know what carmine 6's or Hare 7's are, and one of the reasons why people buy jordans is because of the jumpmanlogo. the reason why were getting the killer treatment from jb is because jb is catering to fashion now. For example, look below.

People who care for quality, OG colorways: 25% (just guessing)
People who love the jumpman just because its whats fresh: 75%

Jordan brand cant go back to how they used to be or else they wouldnt be making as much money as they are right now.

(sorry if i messed up anywhere, computer keeps freezing up)

if all of you guys despise Gentry..... stop buying jays... while yall upset at the quality of the shoes.. he's just laughin straight to thebank..
indifferent.gif

Maze, great interview.

This Gentry dude seems to on top of what the company needs to be stay relevant and more importantly profitable. The dude gets a lot %*% thrown at him, butbased on the video, it is apparent to me that the dude is no fool. And like he said, "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

To the threadstarter....late pass. This interview has been posted already. Dude, your posts are tired, strecthing and hardly worthwhile. "Gentry laughingat Niketalk?" "Niketalk Undefeated Lawyer"? Go away....please......

I now this topic will not get the debate that it's deserved...

But in Gentry's eyes

I.S.S - Sole Collector > Niketalk

Hate it or Love it

It is where this man stands..

What are your thoughts NT and if your able to speak from the heart in a non bias way..

Why do you think G takes this stance.

Is it deserved?

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

That is very interesting. Thanks for the insight Baby J.

Peace.

MaZe

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

To the threadstarter....late pass. This interview has been posted already. Dude, your posts are tired, strecthing and hardly worthwhile. "Gentry laughing at Niketalk?" "Niketalk Undefeated Lawyer"? Go away....please......

laugh.gif
O Rly?

Provide me the link if you can please,I can't seem to find it.......

......I see you really didn't want to respond back with your POV in the citrus thread also

Eh I'm tired of you "taking shots" and over reacting over my posts that ends up stretching your mind with
mad.gif

Look, they can talk about "adapting" to the new consumer base all they want.
This low quality, fruity colored, frankenstien shoe crap isn't going to build you a solid base.

While I'm not saying they should stop doing what's making them money, there is a fewOBVIOUS things they can change.

For example:
Take away one of those combination shoes every year, instead stop making the OG's limited, produce a large quantity of those...theyll sell.
Booya, niketalk and "OG heads" gain a tad more respect and you still rob us.

And in response to BabyJ's comment- it doesnt surprise me. Niketalk represents the older shoe population for the most part, and like typical old people,we arent into the new flashy things(like 9 colors on one shoe). I S S represents young people, who still have awhile before they could grow out of the shoephase. The magazine is free publicity for the brands. The magazine gets "inside interviews" pimping these new products and the kids on i s s see itand jump on it since it's published in their peer magazine.

Originally Posted by dnob 04

if all of you guys despise Gentry..... stop buying jays... while yall upset at the quality of the shoes.. he's just laughin straight to the bank..
indifferent.gif

you have a good point but say if niketalk didn't buy any jays for the rest of the year, the shoes would still be sold out form the regular joe from upthe street picking up the new jays. This method would only work if say all of LA and NY didn't buy jordans and protested them. (which you and I know ishighly unlikely
laugh.gif
)

They need to come out with what sneaker heads want, forget this "We need to sell what the new generation will want" crap. Lets be hones, the shoesthat sneaker heads want are what sell to both the sneakers heads and new generation. The new generation shoes in most cases are the ones that end up going onclearance.

I really hope every wannabe doesn't start wearing fusion hang tags on their necks...

I have no problem with JB releasing stuff that most of us "OG's" frown upon such as the fusions and Dub Zeros. I understand that the brand wantsto cater to the new generation and that no matter what they put out, they can't please every single person with every release. My only gripe is that theretros have poor craftsmanship and quality. Shape is off, durability is inferior, and overall just doesn't feel the same. If there's one thing that Ican ask of Gentry or whomever it would be to simply release the retros as they were originally. Make as many spizikes or fusion 5's as you want, I justwant the retros to be true to the original in order to revive some memories.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

I hope everyone on here from the hood does not take offense to it, because my all means I'm not trying to be offensive. It is quite clear however, that alot of the trends that the younger members of the hood eat up are trends, ideas, patterns, and colors that are the choices of many kids that for example listen to Soldier Boi. The young kids from the hood seem to be the kids that make up the focus groups that Gentry mentioned that went "woah" when he showed the some of the stuff.

This is the exact problem, Gentry is marketing to the sorts of kids that make up these focus groups, and these kids don't want the plainess of the OGs, hence why all the quality and nice colors get scrapped and we get some of the messes that release.

True.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

I hope everyone on here from the hood does not take offense to it, because my all means I'm not trying to be offensive. It is quite clear however, that alot of the trends that the younger members of the hood eat up are trends, ideas, patterns, and colors that are the choices of many kids that for example listen to Soldier Boi. The young kids from the hood seem to be the kids that make up the focus groups that Gentry mentioned that went "woah" when he showed the some of the stuff.

This is the exact problem, Gentry is marketing to the sorts of kids that make up these focus groups, and these kids don't want the plainess of the OGs, hence why all the quality and nice colors get scrapped and we get some of the messes that release.

True.
And that is another reason why Fakes will be right they are if this keep up witch is sad
tired.gif

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

I now this topic will not get the debate that it's deserved...

But in Gentry's eyes

Hate it or Love it

It is where this man stands..

What are your thoughts NT and if your able to speak from the heart in a non bias way..

Why do you think G takes this stance.

Is it deserved?

I believe it. But I also believe his stance is mainly due to the positive publicity he receives through Sole Collector. The magazine has shown Gentry withnothing but a Halo around his head while every post about G on Niketalk is a negative one. I doubt you'll find many Anti-Gentry posts over at I.S.S. Aslong as they write good things about him and continue to advertise Jordan Brand, it'll always be like that. I don't blame the dude. I just wish he wereopen to the constructive criticism he receives on Niketalk.

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

Originally Posted by dnob 04

if all of you guys despise Gentry..... stop buying jays... while yall upset at the quality of the shoes.. he's just laughin straight to the bank..
indifferent.gif

you have a good point but say if niketalk didn't buy any jays for the rest of the year, the shoes would still be sold out form the regular joe from up the street picking up the new jays. This method would only work if say all of LA and NY didn't buy jordans and protested them. (which you and I know is highly unlikely
laugh.gif
)

I think he meant that some of ya'll are hypocrites for criticizing the shoes and Jordan Brand when you see the samples before they come out, than turnaround the next month and be the first ones in the lines waiting for them.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Gentry is a very smart business man. He understand both perspectives of "new" and "OG" collectors.

I don't think the mold of the shoe is his fault, but he does give us a great replica of OGs we want.

If NT ran JB it would go out of business. You can't retro the same thing every year. You can't. NT probably doesn't even make up 5% of the total sales.

This man speaks the truth.

Gentry might not be making all of NT happy, but he certainly is doing things that appeal to a larger audience.

Hate me if you want, but I gained a little more respect for the man after hearing him talk about the business side of his decisions.

I understand more of what he is trying to do now.

Back
Top Bottom