** Check out this SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE in the new MIKE HUCKABEE campaign ad!! **

I found this to be quite funny, blatant, yet most-likely effective advertising on behalf of Mike Huckabee and his Christian fanbase. (Obviously, he'stalking about Christ - but I love the way the symbolism put forth with the panning-camera and floating cross in the background.) This type of stuff reallyfascinates me!
laugh.gif
What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by chickhien

must be too subliminal cuz i didnt catch anything hidden

It's the juxtaposition of the shelves in the background - with the lights casting a glow of the cross.
laugh.gif
My field is advertising - so things likethis truly fascinate me. Political campaign strategists are the cream-of-the crop when it comes to delivering the message.
eek.gif

he's from the bible belt, what do you expect? marilyn manson playing in the background?

Lol, I normally wouldn't notice that but it is fascinating how little things like this can convey bigger messages.

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

It's the juxtaposition of the shelves in the background - with the lights casting a glow of the cross.
laugh.gif
My field is advertising - so things like this truly fascinate me. Political campaign strategists are the cream-of-the crop when it comes to delivering the message.
eek.gif

If you really want to get into it...it's also the shadowy figure with the evil red "eyes" (Islam) encrouching on the cross(Christianity)

Huckabee has a very strong advertising team.
My field is advertising - so things like this truly fascinate me. Political campaign strategists are the cream-of-the crop when it comes to delivering the message.
eek.gif

I would love to study advertising, because I think it's really interesting, but I couldn't make a career out of it. I would feel too evil.

lol hey i study graphicdesign/advertising too lol.. but not on the motion picture front!! lol cool!!
but yeah the glowing "cross" is a great example of visual hierarchy with everything else around it "dark and blurred"

pretty slick!

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

laugh.gif
eek.gif

If you really want to get into it...it's also the shadowy figure with the evil red "eyes" (Islam) encrouching on the cross(Christianity)

Ah! Nice find, Dirtylicious! Now that's definitely delving into the subconscious of the Bible-carryingReligious warrior.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I would love to study advertising, because I think it's really interesting, but I couldn't make a career out of it. I would feel too evil.
laugh.gif
I do feel pretty wicked sometimes.
eek.gif
I'm actually going to be going towards the sales end of it though. More money - more power -more... EVIL! Mwahaha!

lol hey i study graphicdesign/advertising too lol.. but not on the motion picture front!! lol cool!!
I prefer print-ads, but if you ever entered the deep, dark realms of Political advertising - you'd be earning a pretty penny.
smokin.gif

do you know of any other ads with the same premise(if thats the word im looking for) that was used in this one?

Back
Top Bottom