Checkout Charles Hamilton: The Pink Lavalamp

Alright, up until this point, I did not like Charles Hamilton, just wasn't really feeling him. Gave this a listen, and dude is pretty nice with it,defiantly speakin' some real #+#+ on here. This is NOT a mixtape, but rather Charles Hamilton's first LP, thatwas previously unreleased but Charles and thisis50 came together to release this to the public for free.
pimp.gif
Great album! Y'all should check it out!

00-cover36.jpg

http://Charles Hamilton: The Pink Lavalamp [link]
And by the way, here is a breakdown of each track from Charles himself, very interesting, gives more to the album IMO.

http://charleshamilton.blogspot.com/2008/12/pink-lavalamp.htmlhttp://charleshamilton.bl...008/12/pink-lavalamp.html

Yea man, I had to create a topic about the intro track because that could very well be my favorite Charles Hamilton track yet.

The Pink Lavalamp is definitely some ill music.

And you are right, the breakdown he gives for each track does enhance the whole vibe of the album.

Just got it, im listening and at this point any Charles Hamilton is a chance to enhance my catalogue of good original hip hop music. All his songs havemeanings and points but read his break downs of the songs if u think hes just blabbing about nothing... It took me a while for some songs

im checking it out right now.. Charles has potential man i've checked his other work out Creative !!

I wasn't feeling the first few songs i heard from dude, but this tape is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah...Charles Hamilton is dope... sometimes he goes WAAAAAY too far left
but i bang with the majority of his music

I've been playing the tape today and I really listened to Come Back To Me and maaaan....
b5a2587eb747a15559d899f05af33de0d3f1d1c.gif
homie went in! Everything he was saying is exactly how I'mfeeling.... crazy. This song is gonna be on repeat for a minute.
434258ae154781845b08622ae0a83c553a70b65.gif

the explanation of Loser really hits home.
i used to rock payless sonic shoes too lol
@@$ is real.

Brighter Days go 2 Hard
still listening

and the reason he doesn't get love on here is cuz he talks too much
he makes good music imo but he got that Kanye complex.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

What other mixtapes does he have that I can check out?
He's been coming out with a tape like every month is this.

It's Charles Hamilton is the best one to me.

I think this is going to be the one mixtape i check out of his, since it's the last one right?

He's impressed me with his freestyles that i've seen, but his real songs have been trash to me, but that "North Pole" w/ MaxB been in heavy rotation for the past 2 weeks, so i'm goin' to give this lil %$*+% another shot.

to my knowledge this is an album not a mixtape. could be wrong
any1 know the Brighter Days sample?
dat song is
pimp.gif

super repeated spins
esp the parts with the F bombs and the part with the singing at the end.

Everybody has thier own favorites. Im a Shinin' & writing in the sky man myself.
pimp.gif

"Prayin 4 a $#$%^$ 2 Upgrade Me, Cuz i'm lazy"
laugh.gif

Back to say

I'll Be Around is one of the best tracks to drop this year IMO

pretty crazy to think that this is CH's oldest piece of work that he's put out, it's great

and for those curious about his other *+** IMO:

It's Charles Hamilton > The L Word > Sonic The Hamilton > Staff Development > Intervention > Death Of The Mixtape Rapper = And Then TheyPlayed Dilla

I only put death of mixtape rapper and the dilla tape at the end cuz he didn't really make any of the beats, outside of the Hamiltonization Process,Outside Looking is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom