CHI-TOWN Heads Come in!

Headed to Chicago next week for a conference. Been to Chicago plenty of times for work but this time I plan to get out and see the city not just the inside ofmy hotel or office building. I'm stayin at the Hilton Chicago on Michigan and I don't plan on renting a car. How safe is the rail system and how hardis it to navigate for a newbie? Is the Sears Tower worth it? Best spots for a good steak and deep dish pizza (preferably not the touristy spots). What mustI see before I leave?

You can get to most places you want to go by foot. The rest to you can get to by train, even the airport. It's perfectly safe as long as you're carefulafter, say, Midnight. It's pretty easy to navigate. In my opinion, the Sears Tower is not worth it. But if you do go, make sure it's not cloudy, orelse you won't see anything.

The best spot for pizza is probably Pizano's, and it's only a couple block away from your hotel. They've got great deep dish. Make sure you get thebutter crust.

unfortunately as the weather starts to get nice around here as it has been...EVERYTHING downtown is touristy. even the mcdonalds we got on clark and ontariopeople are takin pics in front of...you will see why. pizanos, giordanos, pizzeria UNO/DUE have good pizza. if you have never been to a brazilian steakhousethere are a good amount downtown. i recommend Texas de Brazil on Ohio between wabash and rush. it just opened last spring/summer and it is BOMB. like $50 perperson but well worth it. forget the sears tower unless you are dying to go then by all means do it. plenty of shopping of course on Michigan ave. take the redline north to the addison stop and check out wrigley field and the surrounding bars and such. endless suggestions depends on what you really wanna do and howmuch free time you will have

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Headed to Chicago next week for a conference. Been to Chicago plenty of times for work but this time I plan to get out and see the city not just the inside of my hotel or office building. I'm stayin at the Hilton Chicago on Michigan and I don't plan on renting a car. How safe is the rail system and how hard is it to navigate for a newbie? Is the Sears Tower worth it? Best spots for a good steak and deep dish pizza (preferably not the touristy spots). What must I see before I leave?
I advise you to just walk . Walking is cool in Chicago because then you get to see everything .

The L (Red Line train) has to be the easiest thing ever to ride .

Easy to navigate for a newbie , the people are friendly , just ask .

went to a pizza place near my cousins house
its called GIORDANO's only place i tryed chicago pizza at though.....still crack!

Martinos on Peterson and Kimball u cant miss it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by arrjae

went to a pizza place near my cousins house
its called GIORDANO's only place i tryed chicago pizza at though.....still crack!

Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, UNO, DUE, Gino's East are all very good. Forget Sears Tower, it's a waste of money and time. If anything, Irecommend the Hancock at night.

If you want a classic Chicago atmosphere with incredible steaks and just amazing food go to Gibsons on rush. Its expensive but you get huge portions. Get somecake for dessert. Size is unlike anything ive seen from a dessert and the steak is the best ive had. Lots of celebrities/ ballers go there. Place is thebiz
pimp.gif
In terms of pizza if you can go to lou malnatis. its my favoritepizza in the world but i dont know if its downtown. if not go to unos or ginos

Italian Fiesta Pizza on the SouthSide for pizza..its a couple good locations (71st n Jeffery)

Hit Navy Pier, NikeTown, Water Tower..the food court on the top floor is piff.

If your a Sox fan Grandstand on 35th is a must is blocks from "The Cell" where the Sox play also.

Take the red line to the 87th stop for Harolds Chicken, Chicken at its finest and you can have a secure up close and personal encounter with the infamousChicago Southside.

Originally Posted by kchildz1

Italian Fiesta Pizza on the SouthSide for pizza..its a couple good locations (71st n Jeffery)

If your a Sox fan Grandstand on 35th is a must is blocks from "The Cell" where the Sox play also.

Take the red line to the 87th stop for Harolds Chicken, Chicken at its finest and you can have a secure up close and personal encounter with the infamous Chicago Southside.
Harold's
pimp.gif

Oh yea..catch a Bulls game while tix are cheap.

Done...going to see Dwade my last night in town (hopefully his "injury" is healed) Harolds sounds bomb, the places in the hood are always thebest...everybody who ain't from Chicago keeps tellin me to hit Uno's which is the main reason I ain't tryin' to go. That Lou Malnati'sjoint or Pizano's sounds like a plan. Probably will hit Sears just so I can say I been, but the Met building sounds like a good spot to. Keep em coming ify'all got more. I'm basically just trying to see what I can see in the 5 nights I'm in town. I made sure none of my meetings are going past 12PM.P.S. - Been to too many Brazilian Steakhouses to name...but no matter how many I hit up they are still BOMB! I got an expense account and all but I'mtrying to expand my horizons.

oh yea the navy pier....
some fine chicks down there....
hit up the niketowns there too....
n the jordan statue.....make sure u get a picture w/ it....thts wat i did....

Niketown is at Erie and Michigan don't know how I forgot that especially since I just came from there right before I posted. Water Tower Place is justnorth of that too. be prepared to see American Girl (or whatever that store is) bags and 50% of people's hands walking in that area. if you are a runnerthere is a huge scene for that along the lake. there is a semi-organized run that starts at Niketown on thursday nights too. House of Blues right off the riverthey might have some cool shows going. I would suggest Giordano's stuffed pizza over Lou's or Pizano's. There are a few scattered around downtown.I would also suggest Hancock observation over Sears Tower but either one will do the trick. ESPN zone is cool. Caesar's on Broadway has good fajitas IMOand they are known for their margaritas but I have yet to try them.

just got back from there this afternoon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tuesday's weather was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

i can't believe you could go to chicago and stay in your hotel
smh.gif

absolutely !@%@*@ love this place...you COULD just walk around, but i'd recommend getting a 7 day cta pass.

i forgot to mention...but damnnnnn, the women in chicago are amazing
smokin.gif

everywhere you look, fine chicks...lotsa cougars too.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Take the red line to the 87th stop for Harolds Chicken, Chicken at its finest and you can have a secure up close and personal encounter with the infamous Chicago Southside.
Harold's
pimp.gif

<--------------

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

just got back from there this afternoon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i can't believe you could go to chicago and stay in your hotel
smh.gif

Haha believe me bruh it wasn't by choice. Gotta stack that paper before lettin loose for some fun though. Believe it or not I've been to Chicago atleast three times before and all I saw was O'hare, a cab, my hotel, and a board room. Oh well I plan to make up for it beginning Sunday night.

Just so you know, Lou's and Pizano's are essentially the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, they're owned by brothers, and the only difference isthat their mom gave them different recipes for the crust. Pizano's is right next to your hotel, but you'd probably have to take the Brown line toLou's. You can't go wrong with Giordano's either, and there's one right by your hotel too. Stay away from Uno. Nasty stuff.

PIZZA - giordanos, ginos east, lou malnattis.

HOT DOGS - since your staying downtown you HAVE to try maxwells just off of I-90, if you can try to hit up superdawg but thats on the other part of the city.The only bad part of the downtown area is we dont have our best hot dog spots there..

DO NOT LEAVE until you've tried HAROLDS CHICKEN at least once...

hit up a bulls game, and really just try and take a cruise down lake shore drive, this is what i do whenever i blaze one
pimp.gif
...just take lake shore all the way down...perfect chill.

Back
Top Bottom