Chicago 9 year old lured and shot to death over father's gang ties

More like being stupid in America champ. We have to call out this foolishness for what it is. Being black is one thing....being a ***** is something else.

True. We can't expect to be taken seriously when it comes to black lives matter when this is how we respond to our children being killed. I'm not only blaming the father either. The entire community is at fault, and it sickens me that nobody is looking out for the innocent victims. It is one thing for gang members to take each other out. They chose that life and it is out of our hands, but innocent people, come on man. First they getting hit by strays, then being in proximity of the intended target, now they blatantly seeking them out :smh:.

Nothing is going to change until the mentality in these neighborhoods change. If you witness a child being killed due to gang violence, whether accidental or on purpose and you still keep your mouth shut then you are the problem. All that protesting doesn't amount to **** when the world sees this kind of behavior from us.

Last edited:
True. We can't expect to be taken seriously when it comes to black lives matter when this is how we respond to our children being killed. I'm not only blaming the father either. The entire community is at fault, and it sickens me that nobody is looking out for the innocent victims. It is one thing for gang members to take each other out. They chose that life and it is out of our hands, but innocent people, come on man. First they getting hit by strays, then being in proximity of the intended target, now they blatantly seeking them out :smh:.

Nothing is going to change until the mentality in these neighborhoods change. If you witness a child being killed due to gang violence, whether accidental or on purpose and you still keep your mouth shut then you are the problem. All that protesting doesn't amount to **** when the world sees this kind of behavior from us.

Wisdom

'The **** has this gang **** come to?
mean.gif

Once you control a mans mind...

Very sad and very unfortunate for the child and family.

The black community needs to start policing themselves before we can gain any foothold in this country. This is why any protest or outrage is laughable.

We should be cleaning up our own streets and enforcing penalties to our own that are holding us back as a collective unit.

Cops just gonna stay low n follow pops. From his answers is obvious he wanna handle it himself causing more back n forth. Lil man ain't deserve that man smh rip.

Last edited:
:smh:
Slain 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee's Mom Slammed for Buying New Car
By Kelly Bauer | November 7, 2015 2:36pm | Updated November 7, 2015 3:29pm

CHICAGO — The mother of slain 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee is under fire on social media for purchasing a new car.

Karla Lee posted several videos on Instagram early Saturday morning defending her purchase, saying she needs it for protection and that she's scared to walk or take the bus.

According to unverified Facebook posts Saturday, Lee had posted on Facebook that she had spent money from her son's GoFundMe page on the car, then deleted her account due to overwhelming negative reaction. DNAinfo Chicago could not independently confirm this Saturday afternoon.

More than $17,000 was raised through a GoFundMe page that was set up to pay for the boy's funeral. The page's creator, who said she was a friend of Tyshawn's mother Karla, said the page was organized to "help [Karla] in her time of need with any small donations to help her lay her son to rest."

The GoFundMe creator could not immediately be reached for comment.

Karla Lee later posted several Instagram videos in defense of her actions, saying she was the best mother possible to Tyshawn and she bought the car to protect herself so she wouldn't become "a target" by walking or taking the bus.

"If a MF telling you they gonna try to take your life, too, because of whatever the f--- is going on ... they already took my son. I walk to work, I get on the bus. I'm not trying to be a target for nobody," Karla Lee said in one of the videos.

In the emotional videos, she pleads for people who are not supporting her to leave her alone.

"I got this s--- for my protection. ... I'm pretty sure that's something my son would have wanted me to do," she said in another video.

Some commenters on social media and on GoFundMe said that if the family received free burial services, they wished to get their money back. GoFundMe user Joe Smith wrote, "Used the money to buy a car, rather than either return it or donate it to charity. It was given to her to offset funeral costs and instead she used it to benefit herself."

Other commenters were more sympathetic, ageeing with Lee's assertion that she needed the car for protection.

Tyshawn Lee was lured into an alley and executed on Monday, possibly because of his family's gang ties, Supt. Garry McCarthy said this week. He was killed near his grandmother's home in Auburn Gresham.

The reward for information about Tyshawn's murderer is now $54,600.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2015...yshawn-lees-mom-under-fire-for-buying-new-car

Between the father not cooperating and the mother now doing this, some people will forever be lost. It is truly tragic that this child was a victim in more ways than one.

Last edited:
pride in genocide strikes again. somewhere, some clowns are bragging about this and referencing it in a freestyle over poorly rolled backwods and lukewarm 40's.
keep on repping "chiraq" tho :smh: this mess ain't cool, b.

The black community needs to start policing themselves before we can gain any foothold in this country. This is why any protest or outrage is laughable.

We should be cleaning up our own streets and enforcing penalties to our own that are holding us back as a collective unit.

Completely agree.

If we were educated in school about Angela Davis, Bobby Seale, Fred Hampton, Malcolm etc this would have been happened. Black Panthers started their own patrol unit to protect their neighborhood from drugs, violence and police brutality.

By law and societal structure, tackling what's going on in this world is so complicated and so confusing. There's so many variables.

Love is the answer but it doesn't fit into the structure of this society so it's hard for real change to come about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom