Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I've considered him inactive for the entire 12/13 season. So him making sure everything is right doesn't worry/bother me.

I just wish he would've done his due dilligence before they rushed him onto the operating table.
I thought he would've had Dr. Andrews perform the surgery, rather than the team doc.  Like you said, Cake, they have to be patient and diligent with his rehab.

Ever since the org tried to lowball MJ, Pip, and tried to run PJ out of town before the '98 season I'm somewhat wary of their moves including anything medical. 

http://dimemag.com/2012/06/report-derrick-rose-is-ahead-of-schedule-in-his-rehab/
Well, that's certainly good news.

it seems like there are some fake fans in here, why in the world would you blow up this team, you dont get rid of Noah or Deng, those are two essential pieces. You clearly keep this team intact, get rid of Boozer slide in taj, and upgrade your 2 position, anyone can see that. Ppl have no patience now adays.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

why in the world would you blow up this team
I don't understand it either. The Heat backdoor swept the Thunder because they couldn't rebound nor defend, and they beat BOS because they couldn't rebound.

What 2 categories is this current Bulls team #1 in?

I wouldn't say fake fans. But I feel like it's just a unexpected sign of panic.

Let's face it nobody knows how Rose is going to come back. So you have to think on all levels here.

I want one more crack at it with this squad + a added solid scorer

But things happen. Luol wont be a Bull for life. If he nets us something for the future to pair with Rose then you have to take a look at that option

I think this Bulls time is just fine. What they really need to work on is the physical fitness of their players.
Rose has knee problems and I think he needs to find a cure ASAP. Otherwise he will end up like
Penny Hardaway. Maybe get him some good Nikes. I hate Adidas basketball stuff.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

I think this Bulls time is just fine. What they really need to work on is the physical fitness of their players.
Rose has knee problems and I think he needs to find a cure ASAP. Otherwise he will end up like
Penny Hardaway. Maybe get him some good Nikes. I hate Adidas basketball stuff.

Boy what are you talking about?  Besides him tearing his ACL Pooh has never had a knee problem... Toe? Yes... Ankle? Yes... Back? Yes... But prior to this Knee? No.

It was a freak incident, with the way medicine and technology has advanced I expect him to be 90% of himself  a yr and a half from now.  That's realistic.

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

I wouldn't say fake fans. But I feel like it's just a unexpected sign of panic.

Let's face it nobody knows how Rose is going to come back. So you have to think on all levels here.

I want one more crack at it with this squad + a added solid scorer

But things happen. Luol wont be a Bull for life. If he nets us something for the future to pair with Rose then you have to take a look at that option
Yes plus I'm sure the org is a proponent of continuous improvement especially in this circumstance.  Those who've watched this team especially the past two years know that this team lacked a scoring punch, especially in a playoff environment.  The defense and rebounding are there, and luckily they're deep with personnel to execute both.

I do wish that this current Bulls squad had a chance to match up against the Heat, with both teams being healthy.  Watching G1 of the Philly series was sad for two reasons.  The first is obvious; Rose going down.  The second is that I saw a glimpse of the potential of this team, and how I thought they were improved over last season. 

For those that say to keep the team fully intact, etc. you have to realize that re-tooling this team would've been inevitable anyway.  This is is due to players' age/contracts/the new CBA kicking in etc.  Plus you have to factor in that Jerry Reinsdorf is the owner.  Those who know the history of this team know what I mean.  The season ending earlier than expected just accelerates that timetable, at least IMO. 

[h2][/h2]
[h2]What does a Heat title mean to me, the Bulls, and the NBA?[/h2]By DougThonus, today at 8:39 am
The majority of NBA experts out there picked a Miami over Oklahoma City NBA Finals in preseason and that's exactly what we got. The long path gave us many moments of hoping it wouldn't end up that way, but here we are.

Miami losing last year took a lot of the sting out of them winning this year for me. I think they were humbled somewhat by not waltzing to the title last season. They thought it would be easy, and it wasn't. LeBron in particular came back this year with a considerably expanded game and while he still doesn't look like an unstoppable ice cold assassin in the clutch he came up big plenty of times and melted away far fewer this year.

I think with the confidence gained from this title that only injury will stop the Heat from winning the next couple of years. For the sake of argument, we'll say we're entering the the 2014/15 season. Wade will be 32, Bosh 30, and LeBron 29 (almost 30). The team will also be in seriously deep luxury tax territory if everyone stays together.

While the players might love to win eight titles, we know that's not going to happen. I'd say if everything goes well with their health then three to four is probably an expected amount. We'll see how much money they'll each sacrifice to stay together as well, because they'll need to keep their salaries around 15 million per player to keep things going. While these three have different ages, they're all similarly old in NBA years each coming into the draft in 2003.

I give them two more years where they're the prohibitive favorite. Miami vs the field good. However, after that, things get interesting. After two more seasons, the big three will have played 11 seasons in the NBA, Wade will be 32, LeBron 29, and Bosh 30 entering the season. Wade and Bosh have already had considerable injury problems in their career, and their odds of staying healthy will get worse with each passing season.

It will be most interesting to see what happens with LeBron. He's been a complete ironman so far, but he has an extraordinarily heavy body for the type of athleticism he plays with. Typically, that ends with the body breaking down eventually rather than going on strong forever. The muscle is all there to support his style of play, but typically the joints aren't made to absorb as much shock as a 265 lb dude jumping 3+ feet in the air 50 times a night and landing for 11 straight years.

In general, I see it difficult to stop the Heat outside of injury for two seasons, but we should start to see some decline in the big three and their ability to keep a cast together in a couple of years to open things up.

For the Bulls, they need to pick their best chance to win. They have serious decisions to make right now in terms of whether they want to continue on with the core they have or attempt a serious retooling. The Rose ACL injury gave them a unique opportunity to retool this coming season. An opportunity they could never take with a healthy Rose.

Chicago could go on with a similar cast. A cast which we've felt at times could have won the NBA title. In all seriousness if Rose and Noah were not hurt, but Bosh stayed hurt (I know the ultimate unfair hindsight scenario here), I think the Bulls would have beaten the Heat in the ECF. However, you can't play the "what if our guys weren't hurt, but your hurt guys still were" game with any real meaning.

A healthy Heat team still beats a healthy Chicago team most likely, and the Chicago team coming back next year will likely be similar to last year except notably worse for not having the depth that allowed their bench to beat up on the Miami bench. They'll be missing Brewer, Korver, and Watson most likely while Miami will come back with the confidence of having won.

I don't see Chicago beating Miami under those circumstances in the next two seasons without getting lucky with a Heat injury. That said, what if you break up this team to rebuild and then Dwyane Wade goes out with an injury, and the Bulls are no longer in position to win? It's still a large sacrifice to not go back with your best team next season because anything can happen.

That said, if the Bulls trade Deng for a mid lottery pick (seems like a fairly easy thing to do right now) in a deep, talented draft, Chicago could position itself for a quick rebuild in 2014/15. Nikola Mirotic probably comes over around that time and looks like he has star potential. They'd have a high pick in this draft, their own pick, plus whatever Jimmy Butler turns into to team with Rose, Noah, Gibson, and Asik.

That team then has the youth and prospects to trade for a star player later if one becomes available as well as field the best team in 2014/15 when the Bulls would likely lose Deng in free agency or deal with a long term contract with him as his skills and abilities decline if they were to keep him instead.

In short, the Bulls need to look at when they can create the best window to win a title. With Derrick Rose, I think the best window lies in the 2014 through 2017 seasons. It will be the midst of his athletic prime, the Heat will be on the decline, OKC will likely have had to break up the big three by then, and Chicago should have the pieces to make a serious run year after year.

There is more than one way to maximize those seasons though. Trading Deng now isn't the only path to do it. They might hang on to Deng and attempt to trade him in a package for a star later. In fact, trading Deng now could limit the Bulls ability to trade for a star later and lead the Bulls to a worse team.

There's no clear cut decision here. The Bulls front office is in a brutally difficult place. 9 out of 10 moves they make likely leave them worse off than they are now. They have a lot further down to go than up, and as such, they'll likely be judged harshly regardless of what they do.

The toughest thing to do is go from top tier team to champion, and sometimes, when a juggernaut like the Heat are in your way, there's nothing you can do to make it happen. The Bulls may have to sacrifice dearly to maximize their window. They may have to sacrifice in a way that doesn't pay off and makes the team forever worse. They may have to concede not winning the title the next two seasons to position themselves to win it in four seasons.

There's no clear answers, no clear path to victory. They can't be the Miami Heat and merely grab a couple top five players in the NBA to pair together, Dwight Howard made clear he's not in on that plan if it means coming to Chicago. The Bulls will need to gamble and hope they win, but most gamblers lose, and the Bulls fans are more likely to end up disappointed than cheering on champions regardless of the moves the front office makes.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i want him to be the starter

all he tweeted was "Motivation" how can ou hate booz more because of that... because he didnt tweet the same thing or something like it/????

I don't get all the love for Deng. Dude pulled a James Harden last year vs Lebron. Even Mario chalmers has more confidence than him. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

I don't get all the love for Deng. Dude pulled a James Harden last year vs Lebron. Even Mario chalmers has more confidence than him. 

Im tired of fools bringing up the past. What the %%#+ does that have to do with the present or future. All every fake %%% Miami argues with me is, "Oh, we beat you last year, we wouldve beat you again." Ummm okay, Miami lost last year in the finals. Bron was +!#@. Look what happened this year.

The Chicago Bulls would have won the NBA Championship this year had Derrick not gotten hurt. Period. Point blank. End of argument. From the bottom of my heart and black soul, i know that to be true.  I cant explain to you how positive of that i am. And those who know me know i dont talk +!#@. I'm a glass half empty kinda guy, but Ill be damned if anyone, especially a Miami Heat fan tells me otherwise.

You other Bulls fans can be negative and +!#@, but I ride or die with my team until the day I move on from this world. Believe that.

We're in a tough spot. That article sums up the fact that any roster move we make can end up being costly in the short term or the long term or possibly both. We can either re-tool, rebuild, or try again with this core - personally I'd like to re-tool. Our bench is among the best but we've seen numerous times that other than Taj and Asik everyone else is too inconsistent. The verdict is still out on Rip - he's played well but he's on the wrong side of 30 and injuries really affected him this season. Deng played injured but ever since he was named an All-Star he's been completely ghost, and on an actual championship caliber team he's no more than a 3rd option. Boozer, don't even get me started. It's imperative we pick up a legit 2nd scorer to pair with Rose - a dream scenario would be Eric Gordon but that's highly unlikely. Regardless, if no one outside of Rose can create their own shot, we're toast.

i was here from 98-04 when we were absolute hot garbage i have the right to want the best for the team ! 
frown.gif

Exactly Deng is really a number 3 OPTION i wish the organization would realize plus he's a Starting SF that can't dribble we can't win with that.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Im tired of fools bringing up the past. What the %%#+ does that have to do with the present or future. All every fake %%% Miami argues with me is, "Oh, we beat you last year, we wouldve beat you again." Ummm okay, Miami lost last year in the finals. Bron was +!#@. Look what happened this year.

The Chicago Bulls would have won the NBA Championship this year had Derrick not gotten hurt. Period. Point blank. End of argument. From the bottom of my heart and black soul, i know that to be true.  I cant explain to you how positive of that i am. And those who know me know i dont talk +!#@. I'm a glass half empty kinda guy, but Ill be damned if anyone, especially a Miami Heat fan tells me otherwise.

You other Bulls fans can be negative and +!#@, but I ride or die with my team until the day I move on from this world. Believe that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

#StopIt5

CALM DOWN BRO

I agree hat the bulls could have won the chip but DENG IS TRASH. It would have been despite him.

CALM DOWN BRO

I agree hat the bulls could have won the chip but DENG IS TRASH. It would have been despite him.
It's funny to think that Deng was the reason the Bulls didn't get Kobe
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

CALM DOWN BRO

It's funny to think that Deng was the reason the Bulls didn't get Kobe
laugh.gif

Kobe said he wanted to play Deng though Anyways i really think Kobe was just Bluffing.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

it seems like there are some fake fans in here, why in the world would you blow up this team, you dont get rid of Noah or Deng, those are two essential pieces. You clearly keep this team intact, get rid of Boozer slide in taj, and upgrade your 2 position, anyone can see that. Ppl have no patience now adays.
Exactly. A healthy Deng is a threat and though not a big in stature/height, Noah is a scrapper down low.  We just need a consistent 2 guard that can score and get rid of Boozer.  Other than that, I like the way we play, we play as a unit. Lock down on D when needed and play tough. 

Edit: Keep Barnes and Rivers away from this team please.
laugh.gif
Barnes isn't consistent enough and Rivers is not ready, period. I don't know why he left early. U can't hit one big shot against UNC and think ure ready for the league.

I know theres been a lot rumors about trading Lu, but my biggest question is who would we draft if we do. It will be very tough to replace his defense and rebounding. Unless we are getting a clear upgrade i want him to stay.

Hopefully Jimmy is ready to get some minutes next year

WojYahooNBA
The Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng that there's "no chance" of a deal sending him to the Warriors, league source tells Y!

Back
Top Bottom