|||---- Chicago Cubs Sign Outfielder Milton Bradley To 3yr/$30 Million Dollar Deal ----|||

The Chicago Cubs have agreed to terms with outfielder Milton Bradley on a three year deal said to be worth $30-million.

Bradley led the American League in on-base percentage last season with the Texas Rangers. His presence in the Chicago lineup is expected to balance the overload of right-hand hitters. Bradley hit .321 with 22 homers for Texas.

The two biggest issues with the 30-year old switch hitter are his temper and the injury bug. His 126 games played in 2008, is his second highest total in his eight-year career. He's only ever cracked the 100 games played level in three seasons. When he's on, he can really hit - which makes him the ultimate risk/reward free agent.

Last week, the Cubs dealt Mark DeRosa to the Cleveland Indians for a package of minor league pitchers and were close to finalizing a deal with Colorado which would see pitcher Jason Marquis go west in exchange for reliever Luis Vizcaino. The Cubs are expected to see a payroll savings of about $5-million as a result of those deals.

bradley and zambrano = temper problems
but yeah, no doubt bradley is a dope hitter, hopefully he excels in chi-town in the NL

He will be good for 100-110 games playing the outfield. As for the Cubs OF, yikes, their pitchers are going to be pissed off.

Hmm.....I didn't like getting rid of DeRosa.

As for the Cubs OF, yikes, their pitchers are going to be pissed off.
Fukudome is solid. As for the rest...
frown.gif

wow i cant believe this , i like the move but with him and zambo , temper temper

Wow the Cubs really got him ? I thought they was gonna get bobby Abreu but ok Milton Bradley is a good player tho good pick up ...

laugh.gif

I wanna thank the Cubs for this move cause this should be comedy with Milton in RF, Fukudome in CF and Soriano in LF

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by truthmain

Hmm.....I didn't like getting rid of DeRosa.

As for the Cubs OF, yikes, their pitchers are going to be pissed off.
Fukudome is solid. As for the rest...
frown.gif

Yeah, getting rid of D-Ro hurt
frown.gif
frown.gif

As for the outfield................Well see.
Good pick up though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Great signing, dude loves proving people wrong and he'll do it again this year.
That's what I'm hopin; if dude plays with a ridiculous chip, it's a steal.

getting rid of mark derosa is not a good look.

i hope bradley can stay healthy, dude is nice when he is.

DeRosa was a salary move. Better to trade early than to wait too long before he became a FA. I'm gonna miss him though. The Bradley move was imminent. Ilike the move. Hope he stays healthy and adds balance to the lineup.

I don't worry one iota about Bradley or Zambrano's personalities. Big Z is straight crazy, and I don't know Milton too well. Lou will keep them allin line. The lineup had no emotion as they were being swept by the Dodgers, it'll be good to have a talented guy who can add some fire in the post season.

...and Stringer stays hating, so I pay no mind.

DeRosa was a salary move. Better to trade early than to wait too long before he became a FA.
They should have kept him... Don't care how you look at that trade, it wasn't a good move... They really didn't get even one usefulpiece...
smh.gif

And
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at guaranteeing Milton Bradley 30 million dollars... He's never gonna hold up in the outfield...

And
roll.gif
at an Soriano/Fukudome/Bradley outfield defensively...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

DeRosa was a salary move. Better to trade early than to wait too long before he became a FA.
They should have kept him... Don't care how you look at that trade, it wasn't a good move... They really didn't get even one useful piece...
smh.gif

And
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at guaranteeing Milton Bradley 30 million dollars... He's never gonna hold up in the outfield...

And
roll.gif
at an Soriano/Fukudome/Bradley outfield defensively...
sick.gif

I'm not sayin it was a good move, nor do I agree with it. I'm just statin the facts man....just the facts.

Back
Top Bottom