Chiclet Keyboard yay or nay - thinking about Acer Timeline

I was looking at lenovo ultraportables for my library/travel laptop (not main, at-home computer) but the Acer Timeline is in the running mainly for batterylife and lenovo service p-ed me off yesterday.

From Sony, Macbook and especially Acer people, how is the chiclet keyboard layout? I need this computer for potentially serious research paper typing. I typefast and accurate but if it's not going to hold up I don't want it.

Also if anyone has seen the Timeline, how glossy is the screen? Glare is a concern as well.

They're 92% the size of normal keyboards, so you can still type just about as fast with minimal added fat finger errors.

chiclet keyboards are the truth. i have a wireless apple keyboard and i type a lot better on this than my dad's gateway. what lenovo are u getting? mysamsung's screen is messed up so im in the market for another netbook in case the price to fix the screen is too much.

I have a big laptop that I use for home I'm shopping for portable ones. as far as lenovo I would love a t400s, but more likely would be a u350. the u330 isa better machine but I've heard about some problems mostly with battery life. no lenovos live up to the advertised battery life, and lenovo doesn'tsell replacement batteries for U series either (at least I don't see any on their website).

Back
Top Bottom