Child Support.

Having a little one in a few weeks to come.

Very much in doubt that the relationship between the mother and I will remain solid.

I've heard some horror stories about similar situations.
Been considering placing myself on child support from early. To prevent some of the BS I've heard happen to other fellas. :smh: :x

Anyone have and experiences, good or bad? Doesn't have to be your situation.

From talking to my homeboys

-Try to be civil with your child's mother, build a decent relationship, and try to negotiate and amount with her first. Hopefully even get it in writing, or have an email chain with her explicitly agreeing to a set amount

-If you do go the non court route. Leave a paper trail. Checks, or direct deposits into her account. With the memo stating it is for child support

-If it does go the court route, get a good lawyer. But once they set the amount and payment schedule, don't miss a payment. All the horror stories I have heard start with "So I didn't pay in......". Because then she will have the juice

-Get it into your head that the child support is to help your kids live a good life. Not every dollar of it will be, or has to be spent on them though. Dudes gets so rustled because their child's mother "Doesn't work enough" or "Is living off off the money I gave her".

Just pay, and let those feelings go.

-Most important thing as soon as the kid is born though:

GET A PATERNITY TEST BRAH.

Last edited:
Good luck homie, I have seen some horror stories first hand about how child support and alimony can ruin people's lives, hope it doesn't happen to you

I don't have anything to offer on these situations but I wish you the best of luck my dude

What the ****? Worry about having the baby first. The cord hasn't even been cut and you're working in hypotheticals.

Definitely see if you can square a fair deal before bringing lawyers in but also know if that deal is a good one or bad one cause I know a guy that was paying $500 to his baby mamma and she went to court only to find out he had to pay less since it is a percentage of your wages.

And if all else fails, get a lawyer, pay the justified amount that is agreed upon and chalk it up as a loss and hope the money goes to the kid and not to the baby mamma's lifestyle.

What the ****? Worry about having the baby first. The cord hasn't even been cut and you're working in hypotheticals.

Yeah, this is a very naive outlook. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Wish you well OP.

I wanted to say congrat but the mood here seems like it isn't that party smh

Hopefully your newborn is healthy! Good luck

Yeah, this is a very naive outlook. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Wish you well OP.

yeah its all about prepping because I can already foresee certain things unfortunately...

another one of my mans opted to not do this because the mother of the child was VERY adamant that she would never put him on CS.

One day she probably didn't agree with something he did or maybe didn't do. And took him downtown. He had to backpay everything from birth till age 10. Put too much trust in her.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but as Rusty said, the most important thing is to get everything in writing.

Don't let yourself be susceptible or vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom