Chillin with friends

Do the guys you chill with live close by? For the last few years, I find myself driving 20 to 30 miles each way to hang out with my friends. I mean I don't mind it but I'm sick of paying toll,the distance, traffic, toll and the fact that we don't do anything.

With work and my family (I'm married with kids i don't really have time to make new friends. And when we do chill, we don't do anything. I get there and we go out to eat. Sometimes I'm not even hungry but I still go with them. It's like I'm driving 60 miles just to watch grown men eat. We don't smoke or drink, so yeah. Just last year we went to LA only to stay in our hotel rooms and smoke e-ciggs. We would go out to eat, come back to the hotel room and watch the food network or hgtv.

And when i go over they don't even want to show their collection. Some of my boys got some nice heat. They just talk about it and say which Kobe's they really want to get. When i ask if i can see their latest pickup they just ignore me and end up saying "its upstiars in a box bro" and just show me what they got on their damn iphone.

Some of you will say find new friends or deal with it but is anyone else really bored when they hang out?

None of my friends are into sneakers so I kinda wish I had friends like that. But I mean if theyre your real friends it would work both ways...30 min to your crib too you know?

Just last year we went to LA only to stay in our hotel rooms and smoke e-ciggs. We would go out to eat, come back to the hotel room and watch the food network or hgtv.

Oh yea I skipped dat part lol..

See above answer

My best friend an I only see each other at the gym. We are just a like except he is Indian. We went to same HS an he is a grade under me. We knew each other back then but were just associates at the time.

Nope they all live at least 40 mins away. I see them twice a week for hoops and the ones they live two hours away and are married may never see them dudes again. |I

Got my dogs tho :nthat:

Seriously i know its hard...especially at a certain age....but you need new friends...a new friend...or motivate your friends.

Why don't you plan an outing? Stop going out to eat and go to a sports game or something fun
What would you rather do with them? Honestly that sounds like what basically all my wifed up friends do. I am the single friend so im always trying to drink go out and party have a good time. But the married ones literally hang with each other when the girls have "girls night" They sit in...play poker...have a few drinks....complain about their wives...its really no fun :lol:

Where you live op....NT summit time?

:lol:

I got my one homie in Cali that I actually enjoy chilling with and that's when I fly out there for work or whatever.

No Karamo, but man I be happy as hell the time I spend with dude. We don't do **** but I don't mind we just be cracking jokes chilling in the crib or going to In N Out burger or checking his homies or looking at **** on the computer.

My other friends here in NY... I only here from once in a while... if that.

They be saying it's because I'm wifed up that they don't hit me up anymore, but I told them every time they hit me up I go chill.

Going to set up something to see the sequel to 300.

Most of them are goons though, lowlifes, jobless, or something that isn't good :lol:

Still got love for them though, but things aren't like when you're young man... gotta watch N's... even N's you came up with.

NT might not get this. I got a lot of female friends on deck. Legit ones. I don't think I got the same interest as a lot of dudes in real life. Bein married I doubt this would help you. White females btw, but Idc for white female yambs. Go figure.

Everyone is scattered across the five boroughs. Meeting up in the city makes life easier for everyone.

I hang out with my friends maybe once or twice a year because of this... i too live 30-40 miles away from my friends and its tough to hang out with them consistently... i try to hang out with them when something big happens like someones birthday or a party but other than that im at the cribbo... im not proud of not hangin out with them but its nothing personal im just tired/lazy after a long work week i just want to chill and unwind at the cribbo

:lol: You're married with kids, why are you looking for advice on NT from teens and young 20-somethings?

I grew up with my boys. From age 5 to now, I'm 25.

We chill once a week, or every other week now. Since we're all older, working, etc.

My boy is getting married, but he's moving to baltimore out where his fiancé lives :smh:

Beta male :smh: :lol:

but we chill, play poker, hit the bar, watch the games, play PS4 online, etc. Just dude ****. I try to keep my circle as tight as possible given our limited time to chill these days.

We don't smoke or drink, so yeah. Just last year we went to LA only to stay in our hotel rooms and smoke e-ciggs. We would go out to eat, come back to the hotel room and watch the food network or hgtv.

And when i go over they don't even want to show their collection. Some of my boys got some nice heat. They just talk about it and say which Kobe's they really want to get. When i ask if i can see their latest pickup they just ignore me and end up saying "its upstiars in a box bro" and just show me what they got on their damn iphone.

I dont know how else to say this but, yall sound like a bunch of lames. Who in the **** goes out of town (especially to LA) just to hang in the telly and watch paula deen on tv? Yall aint right man. My advice is to be the one to offer to do something different for a change, do something out of the ordinary and out of your comfort zones.

20-30 miles? Tolls? Then you're bored when you get there?

You really need some new friends.

Also sounds like they're lying about owning the kicks or they're that stingy about showing them off.

Two of my very best friends are dead.

More than friends they were like my bros.

I wish I could drive 30 minutes to see them.

Last edited:
20-30 miles? Tolls? Then you're bored when you get there?

You really need some new friends.

Also sounds like they're lying about owning the kicks or they're that stingy about showing them off.

:lol: I'm admittedly stingy about showing my kicks.

There's 3 rules you must adhere to before entering the sneaker room.

1. Wash your hands, twice, and dry.

2. Take off your shoes, don't want you tracking dirt into a sterile environment.

3. Handle with care.

oh and 4. Don't eem think about poppin' the factory lacing or trying on any of my DS pairs. Fades will be given.

Last edited:
Listen to your own feelings g. If you're spending time hanging with your friends and not having fun then you're missing the point & just holdin on to tradition. Things change & people change, you gotta find some company you enjoy. Sometimes you gotta just move forward, no hard feelings. If you find yourself wanting to hang again it's only 25 miles right? Ain't no thang...

Last edited:
You could encourage going out places more or just be upfront and bold like "Why you guys never really do anything besides ___?, we need to get out here man!" Something like that.

get new friends 

you care about them showing you their kicks? 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom