Chitown NTErs, Chicago in early December yay or nay ?

I found some cheap flights out there and would like to take a mini vacation. The Knicks will be in town to play the bulls and I was hoping to catch a bears game but there playing @ Minnesota that Sunday.

Is there anything to do there in the winter ?

I would say nay...but there's something about chicago man...I was thinking of going back in january but the place must be brick-city by then.

Winter isn't as amazing as the summer, but it's still okay. People in this city party rain, sleet, snow, or hail, but doing the touristy stuff will be a pain if its cold.

I know it gets brutal in Chicago but its not like I'm not use to it being cold. I'm from NY.

I'm reading in December it's about 21-35 degrees.

I'd only be staying fri-sun.

If you don't mind the cold which don't seem to be a problem I'd say come you get to do a lot more since there isn't a lot of tourist and as far as the crime you don't have to worry about that cuz them ****** disappear when it gets cold for the most part until around April.

****** will rob you out your fit in chicago lol(not me tho i stay with a piece)

****** is hugry around christmas time

go to cali or something. this cold **** is no fun

Last edited:
20-35 degrees ain't gonna bother me.

Honestly dudes be tryna rob you in the touristy areas ?

If so :smh:

I'll be there November 7 and 8 for new hire training. They got me staying at the Hard Rock on Michigan Ave
nthat.gif

Anything goin on then?

I know it gets brutal in Chicago but its not like I'm not use to it being cold. I'm from NY.
I'm reading in December it's about 21-35 degrees.
I'd only be staying fri-sun.

Our winters at colder with less snow. That biting type cold. I mean we use wind chills as temps instead of the actual temps. Better hope it doesn't get -10 below

If so :smh:

He's way off here. Most crime takes place in a select few areas, and unless you're taking the L at 3am you should be good. I'd just stay on the Northside.

If so
mean.gif
realtalk its like one dude from the hood caught somebody slippin up there and came back to the hood and told everybody.

back in the day white people would act like heros but not anymore. dudes are getting bolder and bolder by the second around here.

black people will rob you and mexican dudes will pop you for wearing pretty much any color/having tattoos they can see/wearing a hat

He's way off here. Most crime takes place in a select few areas, and unless you're taking the L at 3am you should be good. I'd just stay on the Northside.
think its sweet if you want

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Group-Attacks-Man-iPhone-Gold-Coast-158409595.html
I was at the chicago red line station when this occurred when they all ran onto the platform. There was WELL over 75 of them running back and forth. These kids need to get a life.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8832061

easier to hide your gun when its cold outside

Last edited:
typical responce "RIP"

as an Illinois resident i would just tell you to be prepared, our weather is ALWAYS so up and down, we had a pretty consistent hot summer so i have a feeling we are gonna get alot of snow this year, i had that same feeling last year and it barley snowed soooo *shrugs*

I would worry more about the bums hitting you up for money than bangers. You WILL run into several, especially on the el

You can go to the ice skating rink at millennium park. Many people like to go there in the winter

Don't let anyone discourage you or make you nervous about Chicago. It's bad but if you stay aware of your surroundings, and keep a cool and calm demeanor if you do run into something you will be perfectly fine. Chicago isn't Syria

Back
Top Bottom