Chris Henry just can't stop...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and to the person who said Canada, I believe after Ricky Williams signed to play in Canada, the CFL adopted a policy stating former NFLers who were suspended from the NFL were no longer Eligible for the CFL.
Dont quote me, but I think I read that somewhere back when

The controversy over the Argonauts signing Williams prompted outgoing CFL commissioner Tom Wright, in his final state of theleague address, to introduce a new rule that would come in effect before the start of the 2007 CFL season that would prevent a player under suspension in the NFL from signing with a CFL club. This rule has been informally knownas "The Ricky Williams Rule."
The new rule, however, will be grandfathered so that players still playing in the league, such as Argonaut tackle Bernard Williams, who was also suspended by the NFL for drug abuse and did not seek reinstatement when the ban ended,can continue playing.[sup][19][/sup][

I feel you, cuz until there's some concrete proof I dont believe it, but .... you still have a franchise to run. the teams image is in the toilet already.They cant afford to take another hit. If he aint do it, so be it and they errored on the side of caution, if he did do it, and they didnt release him, theyerrored on the side of recklessness Once again.

They have to look at things from a winning games standpoint and from a dollars and cents aspect

*Good Look Meb, I knew my memory didnt fail me.

An attorney for Henry, 24, entered not guilty pleas for him after Henry was accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle.

Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard set bond at $51,000 on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging. Noting Henry's previous arrests involving drugs, guns and alcohol, the judge called Henry "a one-man crime wave." He ordered electronic monitoring if Henry makes bail.

I'm from Cincy too and I think that it's a strong possibility that these charges are complete BS. He was claiming mistaken identity, and in the lastsituation that occured he was falsely accused. However, just the mere fact that he put himself in this situation I feel like the Bengals just said enough isenough. I'm salty too because I copped a Chris Henry authentic jersey for Xmas
tired.gif
. It sucks because he was my favorite player, and the most talented receiver that we had, in terms of raw talent. There was just an article abouthim changing his life because he's a father now too not to long ago. I think on a serious note though that he has a real psychological problem, and if heis analyzed by a psychologist they would find this out. The dude really just has a young mind. There's a girl at my school that said she and her friendsregularly hang out with him because her Dad owns this club called D'zire in Cincy that he always use to hit up. These girls were 17 at the time and he wasbuying them alcohol and what not, and riding around in a limo with them that the girls dad provided just so that he would continually have the famous face inhis club. She said that the dude just really didn't give a F$%&. Sad

Posted this in the other CH thread so i'll post it here...

My g/f is a Bengals fan and just told me about this conversation went as follows
laugh.gif

OMG
you're not going to believe this......

OMG I'm so ashamed......... looks like the bengals will have to keep ocho cinco....

wait for it......

Cincinnati Bengals cut wide receiver Chris Henry after latest arrest for assault

ROFL/SMH

lol the link on comcast only said "NFL player cut after 5th arrest" and even before I clicked I knew it was talking about the bengals

http://www.comcast.net/sports/articles/nfl/2008/04/03/Bengals-Henry.Cut/

GFG

the man has been arrested 5 times in 3 years

seriously though, how do you throw away your NFL career like that? He might get picked up somewhere else b/c he's good but I think whatever team does it is stupid

b/c the bengals did everything they could to get him to calm down

apparently he is a "one-man crime wave".....

Sent at 1:42 PM on Thursday

he's slowly wasting his talent away with these stupid acts..he needs to get it together or he'll end up like maurice clarett

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

It sucks because he was my favorite player, and the most talented receiver that we had, in terms of raw talent.

yo what exactly is considered raw talent? I often hear this term but jus never understood it. what he has great routes,hands,jumps high w/o trying,can readdefenses with no effort? whf is raw talent cuz hes not better than chad in anyway.

raw talent
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Sad to see his career faded like that...

Cant help people that dont want to help themselves though.

He was always in the wrong situations though. And for anyone to say he is a target, no the public is the target to this guy! LOL

Hopefully he can learn from his numerous mistakes now.

Raw talent are the tools that make up a "potentially" great football player.
Dude is absolutely right, talent wise chris henry is off the charts. His speed, leaping ability, agility, and hands are outstanding. That doesn't meanhe's a great player but he has all the tools to be one.
But we all know being great at anything encompasses more than talent alone.
Work,discipline, drive, heart and intelligence are a must in order to b great. Chris is lacking in those characteristics not in the skills n talent dept.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Raw talent are the tools that make up a "potentially" great football player.
Dude is absolutely right, talent wise chris henry is off the charts. His speed, leaping ability, agility, and hands are outstanding. That doesn't mean he's a great player but he has all the tools to be one.
But we all know being great at anything encompasses more than talent alone.
Work,discipline, drive, heart and intelligence are a must in order to b great. Chris is lacking in those characteristics not in the skills n talent dept.

aiite i get what youre sayin but it seems like the term "raw talent" is a cop out. Like what nfl wr doesnt have raw talent. For example i likerandy but dude runs 1 route and doesnt really practice but can be called one of if not the illest wr in the league. So he has the potential to be the greatestwr ever? What does that really mean. Like someone said before potential gets players cut and coachs fired. Idk im just not buyin the raw talent thing. All imsayin is dude is not the best at nothin long as ocho is still in black and orange.(eventho chris jus got cut)

cop out? for what? for whom?
its an indictment on the man's short commings

yea, all wrs have raw talent, but there are different levels. Its not that difficult to grasp.
there are talented players in every sport that doesnt mean they are the best on their team.

Jerry Rice is the best WR the game has ever seen, but he is NOT the most talented.

apply that to the Bengals,
Chad Johnson is the best WR on the Bengals, he is not the most talented.
Dude made a valid statement that u "
laugh.gif
" at but when and if u examine what he said, he is/was correct

Come on Cowboys. Sign this dude toi be the third of fourth receiver so we dont have to waste a first round pick on one. Get Felix Jones and a CB and i'llbe good.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

It sucks because he was my favorite player, and the most talented receiver that we had, in terms of raw talent.

yo what exactly is considered raw talent? I often hear this term but jus never understood it. what he has great routes,hands,jumps high w/o trying,can read defenses with no effort? whf is raw talent cuz hes not better than chad in anyway.

raw talent
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Raw talent is just the natural abilities that someone has. Henry was drafted because of the natural abilities that the Bengals saw that he had and figuredthat they could help him become a great player by working with his absurd natural ability. It goes for every sports. In basketball Amare Stoudemire was a rawtalent that was molded into a great player, and the same is used to describe players in baseball such as Delmon Young. No one is saying that he's betterthan Chad obviously, but he has all of the physical abilities to be. That is all I am saying and most educated sports fans know what is meant by raw talent.
tired.gif

Yea I think alot of people saw that, but we all just wondered if he would be able to put it all together. Now we'll never know though smh.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I been said Chris had the tools to be the best of the 'Nati three.
grin.gif
I wonder why KLJ.
laugh.gif

But no seriously Chris Henry is a freak. He was a beast in NCAA him and Marshall and Harris all day every day.

Speaking of NCAA Gunna you still a no show on that beat down
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom