Chris Rock’s first Netflix special debuts February 14th

There's something about these Netflix stand ups that has a slight hint of corniness to it. I can't really explain it but they just....feel weird.

Didn't really enjoy this Chris Rock one at all...the Chappelle ones range from meh to decent...the Katt one was awful.

There's something about these Netflix stand ups that has a slight hint of corniness to it. I can't really explain it but they just....feel weird.

Didn't really enjoy this Chris Rock one at all...the Chappelle ones range from meh to decent...the Katt one was awful.

is it sort of the same thing I felt when I kinda wished that only black people could see The Boondocks? I liked all of the above, just curious.

As a person who has been to the live events and then seen them on Netflix this is the deal. The 4 specials Chappelle did were based off the same tour set. There are some new jokes thrown in usually to keep it modern but Netflix is stretching the material. I believe the second Rock special will be from the Total Black Out tour as well

my favorite part was when he spotlighted the time dilation effect that technology has had on relationships...it's true, every year in a relationship today is like 5 old ones.

That part was fantastic. I just stared at my girl dead in the eye after that. She was all over me last week cause I didn't text back while I was at work for like 5 hours... (not sure what sparked her cause she's not usually like that). I legit brought up how it was before cell phones and she thought I had six eyes...

My top 3 are Rock, Morgan and Burr (although Burr's last special wasn't good, but everything before that was amazing).

all of these Netflix, Hulu, etc ‘exclusives’ have a certain unedited, directors cut look and feel to them

not just comedy specials but movies and shows too

Rock talking about marriage was tough to listen to. good set though

Y’all seen staying alive?

I saw Tracy live about 10 years ago at a smallish club in Orlando. Straight tears man.

Breh
Screenshot_20180217-205534.png

1. It took a "group of men" to carry that out.

2. How often do you honestly read/hear of a group of knife-wielding men, or an individual, causing the level of mayhem that solitary shooter causes? There is practically a mass shooting every other month. How many mass knifings have occurred this year?

i watched it last week. enjoyed it enough and laughed out loud a few times. i liked how uncomfortable he made people feel at last year’s grammys a little more but dude is still really sharp.

As a person who has been to the live events and then seen them on Netflix this is the deal. The 4 specials Chappelle did were based off the same tour set. There are some new jokes thrown in usually to keep it modern but Netflix is stretching the material. I believe the second Rock special will be from the Total Black Out tour as well
He skipped the Whole Foods joke.

I actually like his delivery now more than his others. I felt he yelled too much and his voiced annoyed. That why I never finished any of his earlier stand ups. Had to watch em in clips.

The punchlines where a bit low hanging fruit. Like it could have been more clever.

With that said. I had a couple of scream of laughter moments. Content wise it was amazing. Rock is still one of the best ever.

i'm real critical when it comes to stand up comedy , ain't never really found CR that funny either but this special was A+ ...

more than one moment where i busted out laughing and hard. maybe being older i can relate to what he was saying more but this is honestly the best i've ever heard from him. of course a few dry, corny parts but very few. definitely worth the hour , especially if you can relate ...

Chris Rock is washed. Special was meh. Had a few chuckles and that's it.

Prefer Dave Chappelle and Katt Williams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom