Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

In terms of crossing over to white success? Then yeah, white people love chris rock.

But how Jamie isn't in anyone's top 10 I don't understand.

Out of all the "Kings of Comedy" only Cedric and MAYBE Bernie Mac were funny to me... Cedric is that dude though.

In terms of crossing over to white success? Then yeah, white people love chris rock.

But how Jamie isn't in anyone's top 10 I don't understand.

Out of all the "Kings of Comedy" only Cedric and MAYBE Bernie Mac were funny to me... Cedric is that dude though.

Rock >>> Chappelle

Chappelle show was classic though but son had MAD writers on that show. I can't give him all the credit for that.

I couldn't pick a favorite black comedian. Too many but Rock might be it. Murphy is too funny, Pryor is funny and there's a few others. Chappelle's stand ups are not that funny

Rock >>> Chappelle

Chappelle show was classic though but son had MAD writers on that show. I can't give him all the credit for that.

I couldn't pick a favorite black comedian. Too many but Rock might be it. Murphy is too funny, Pryor is funny and there's a few others. Chappelle's stand ups are not that funny

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are both wack. The only tv time Dave could get was late nite on Conan O'Brien's wack show. Chappelle is a C grade comedian at best. His show was nothin that hadn't been done before.

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are both wack. The only tv time Dave could get was late nite on Conan O'Brien's wack show. Chappelle is a C grade comedian at best. His show was nothin that hadn't been done before.

man with chappelle's standup ( killing me softly, in particular) its obvious he's freestyling.

like, the jokes may have already been written, but he doesnt really have a set...

ive seen chappelle live and it was the same deal...

hes a genuinely funny person.

im not so sure about chris rock

he seems much more the "coached" comedian...

i.e. he has a very structured set, with very practiced and structured jokes he reherses, etc.

whereas chappelle's dont really come off that way...

for example, the baby selling weed bit...

that *!!@ sounded completely made up on the spot...like he's just telling a ridiculous story to make the audience laugh.

jamie foxx is more a sketch comic, imo. His stand up isnt great at all. ive seen him live too.

all other names mentioned in here that werent richard pryor nor bernie mack arent even gonna be acknowledged.

man with chappelle's standup ( killing me softly, in particular) its obvious he's freestyling.

like, the jokes may have already been written, but he doesnt really have a set...

ive seen chappelle live and it was the same deal...

hes a genuinely funny person.

im not so sure about chris rock

he seems much more the "coached" comedian...

i.e. he has a very structured set, with very practiced and structured jokes he reherses, etc.

whereas chappelle's dont really come off that way...

for example, the baby selling weed bit...

that *!!@ sounded completely made up on the spot...like he's just telling a ridiculous story to make the audience laugh.

jamie foxx is more a sketch comic, imo. His stand up isnt great at all. ive seen him live too.

all other names mentioned in here that werent richard pryor nor bernie mack arent even gonna be acknowledged.

Originally Posted by dipped in butter

Jamie Foxx is too funny

Stays with the
laugh.gif

Word
laugh.gif
....Wouldn't take him over Rock though. I didn't expect Chris Rock to get so much hate.

Originally Posted by dipped in butter

Jamie Foxx is too funny

Stays with the
laugh.gif

Word
laugh.gif
....Wouldn't take him over Rock though. I didn't expect Chris Rock to get so much hate.

my 2 favorites are chris rock and bernie mac... chappelle was never funny to me... maybe 1 or 2 skits. some of my friends are die hard fans so i have watched plenty of chappelle.. he seems like a cool dude to hang out with though...

my 2 favorites are chris rock and bernie mac... chappelle was never funny to me... maybe 1 or 2 skits. some of my friends are die hard fans so i have watched plenty of chappelle.. he seems like a cool dude to hang out with though...

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

How do you defined "Our Time"?

80s/90s babys which excludes Pryor but includes Murphy. When I rank Rock over Chappelle I'm not strictly going off who is "haha" funny im including substance and going on more than just stand up and sketch. Chapelle has no good movies roles and outside of his stand up and his show he has little to show compared to everyone else. Longevity factors a lot also. Who knows what would of happened if he didn't go to Africa though..

Back
Top Bottom