Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

CR is funny but I find dude to be a bit annoying at times.

I loved his bit about "black people vs $%##!@" because its hilarious yet true but when it comes to black comedians of "our time" I feel Murphy, Lawrence and Chappelle are better.

Pryor is the father of them all so I dont consider him to be in the same era.

Originally Posted by got shoes

I'm sorry. Never been a fan of Chris Rock, too corny for me. I think he is White America's Black comedian. If that makes sense

Sorry but that is easily Dave Chappelle
And Everybody Hates Chris is one of the best shows I've ever watched.

Originally Posted by got shoes

I'm sorry. Never been a fan of Chris Rock, too corny for me. I think he is White America's Black comedian. If that makes sense

Sorry but that is easily Dave Chappelle
And Everybody Hates Chris is one of the best shows I've ever watched.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Actually **** Gregory is the father of them all.

I didnt mean Pryor is the father of all black comedians, Murphy and Lawrence have been known to acknowledge Pryor as a comedic hero.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Chris isn't just funny, he's a genius and real. His jokes are about what's going on in the world, life, and pop culture whereas other comedians just talk about random things. Not only is he able to make them funny, he's somehow able to make you think and is completely on point about everything he says. Sure, there may be other comedians that are just as funny or even funnier than Chris Rock, but which other ones would talk about politics, raising a family, coming up with money for school, getting a job, etc.? My favorite comedian, ever. Yes, even over Pryor.
THIS.

Not to mention, hes on the only black comedian in America who can tell white people about themselves, the reason they gravitate towards them is that he gives them a black perspective as opposed to DC and countless other comedians who just imitates a white guy. If you're from Brooklyn, I dont know how you cannot put Rock as your top 3. BTW, Eddie Murphy hasnt done stand up in like 20 years,his last hit comedy was like Nutty Professor which was in 2000,  so where do hell do some of you come off?

I get your point but Michael Jordan hasnt scored a basket since 2003 and hes still the best basketball player of my generation. Michael Jacksons last #1 hit song was in 95 and hes still the king of pop. I guess my point is that your past successes just dont disappear. 

those two are HORRIBLE comparisons
roll.gif

Mike can't come back to the L and score more and win more.

And Jackson is dead (RIP) and cant make new music.

Unlike Rock he can continue to grow as a comedian and work on his movies such as that Hair movie.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Actually **** Gregory is the father of them all.

I didnt mean Pryor is the father of all black comedians, Murphy and Lawrence have been known to acknowledge Pryor as a comedic hero.

Chris isn't just funny, he's a genius and real. His jokes are about what's going on in the world, life, and pop culture whereas other comedians just talk about random things. Not only is he able to make them funny, he's somehow able to make you think and is completely on point about everything he says. Sure, there may be other comedians that are just as funny or even funnier than Chris Rock, but which other ones would talk about politics, raising a family, coming up with money for school, getting a job, etc.? My favorite comedian, ever. Yes, even over Pryor.
THIS.

Not to mention, hes on the only black comedian in America who can tell white people about themselves, the reason they gravitate towards them is that he gives them a black perspective as opposed to DC and countless other comedians who just imitates a white guy. If you're from Brooklyn, I dont know how you cannot put Rock as your top 3. BTW, Eddie Murphy hasnt done stand up in like 20 years,his last hit comedy was like Nutty Professor which was in 2000,  so where do hell do some of you come off?

I get your point but Michael Jordan hasnt scored a basket since 2003 and hes still the best basketball player of my generation. Michael Jacksons last #1 hit song was in 95 and hes still the king of pop. I guess my point is that your past successes just dont disappear. 

roll.gif

Unlike Rock he can continue to grow as a comedian and work on his movies such as that Hair movie.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

THIS.

I get your point but Michael Jordan hasnt scored a basket since 2003 and hes still the best basketball player of my generation. Michael Jacksons last #1 hit song was in 95 and hes still the king of pop. I guess my point is that your pastsuccessesjust dontdisappear.

roll.gif

huh? you're out of ur element right now. black and gold is right. no one asked if they can still do it to this day. fact is, there stuff is still funny today, even tho it was 17 years ago. its what i dare say... classic? who else is dropping classics? ive seen kevin hart's stuff like 5 times and i cant re-tell anything he said, even tho eddie murphy has made stuff from before i was born and i can recite it word for word.

oh yea,

one of my personal favs lol.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

THIS.

I get your point but Michael Jordan hasnt scored a basket since 2003 and hes still the best basketball player of my generation. Michael Jacksons last #1 hit song was in 95 and hes still the king of pop. I guess my point is that your pastsuccessesjust dontdisappear.

roll.gif

huh? you're out of ur element right now. black and gold is right. no one asked if they can still do it to this day. fact is, there stuff is still funny today, even tho it was 17 years ago. its what i dare say... classic? who else is dropping classics? ive seen kevin hart's stuff like 5 times and i cant re-tell anything he said, even tho eddie murphy has made stuff from before i was born and i can recite it word for word.

oh yea,

one of my personal favs lol.

MY generation? I'd choose Martin Lawrence over both if it's strictly off comedy. Rock is more thought provoking, but is also real corny a lot of the time. And Chappele I really see no flaws in, but I just think Martin is the funnier dude.

MY generation? I'd choose Martin Lawrence over both if it's strictly off comedy. Rock is more thought provoking, but is also real corny a lot of the time. And Chappele I really see no flaws in, but I just think Martin is the funnier dude.

Maybe it's just me but I really dont find Chris Rock THAT funny. Top 5 maybe, top 10 certainly. but the best? Um, no.

Maybe it's just me but I really dont find Chris Rock THAT funny. Top 5 maybe, top 10 certainly. but the best? Um, no.

yea chris rock is funny as s**t but eddie murphy is still in our time i still remember sneaking into watch RAW and cumon dude made Delerious & Raw & Coming To America & Bommerang...  i think the order should go....
1. e. murphy

2. c. rock

3. d. chappelle

but everybody know all them got it from one mr richard pryor:. 

yea chris rock is funny as s**t but eddie murphy is still in our time i still remember sneaking into watch RAW and cumon dude made Delerious & Raw & Coming To America & Bommerang...  i think the order should go....
1. e. murphy

2. c. rock

3. d. chappelle

but everybody know all them got it from one mr richard pryor:. 

Back
Top Bottom