Chronicle (Opening 2/3/12) Anyone watching?

I might be nitpicking but...

Spoiler [+]
Did it seem like they developed some type of invincibility (like Andrew's cousin with the fork)? Then they were beating the hell out each other getting tossed through buildings, having buses thrown at them yada yada. Yet Andrew can still be hurt by fire, and be stabbed in the end by a huge arrow? How does that work exactly?

...And I would give this movie the edge over Cloverfield and Quarantine/REC as well (in terms of the way it was shot).

Originally Posted by el terrible23

Spoiler [+]
Did it seem like they developed some type of invincibility (like Andrew's cousin with the fork)? Then they were beating the hell out each other getting tossed through buildings, having buses thrown at them yada yada. Yet Andrew can still be hurt by fire, and be stabbed in the end by a huge arrow? How does that work exactly?

...And I would give this movie the edge over Cloverfield and Quarantine/REC as well (in terms of the way it was shot).
If they can anticipate it then they can make a barrier to block the hit like with the fork. The stake/thunder was when they were no paying attention. 

Movie was really good.

My only hate was the CGI was rough in some scenes but the day to day camera recording plot was good. I'd see it again.

wallace
pimp.gif

apex predator!!

movie was good tho

just wished the cgi was more better at some parts

but them flying was dope

Fake Akira.

I'll mess with it off the strength.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

I saw it and it was great but how it ended was UNNECESSARY.  .................................................................

You're just kidding right?
SPOILER alert?? nothing?

****************************;

Really dude?Movie looks awesome though. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Saw it today.

The movie is
eek.gif
. You never really knew what was going to happen next. And the camera concept was executed better than Cloverfield. Must see for everyone.

I saw it today too. I thought it was pretty good.

Don't click the spoiler if you haven't seen the movie for obvious reasons.

Spoiler [+]
I thought the movie almost was commentary on social structure and bullying. The Andrew kid grew up in a broken home, and Steve obviously didn't know how rough it was for him with his mom being sick and his dad being an alcoholic until he asked him. If they had never shared those powers, they would of never been friends. Andrew just keeps getting bullied and no one knows what his life outside of school is like. And that girl who dissed him for throwing up on her right before she was about to get her knees dirty.
laugh.gif

But Steve and Andrew's cousin Matt ended up becoming good friends with him the more they hung out. Which became like everyday. But he lived his entire life as an outcast and had a hard time accepting that. Like he was living life with a chip on his shoulder. The stronger he got, the more he would get revenge instead of taking the high road. After Steve dies and his dad snaps on him, he kind of stopped caring about the world because he didn't feel that the rest of the world cared about him. He ended up with a God complex because of his powers which just made it worse. Almost like a bullied kid coming to school with a gun, but on a waaaay larger scale.

The end though. When Matt says no matter what, he's going to find out what happened to them in that hole. I wonder if that's like a segway into a potential sequel.

I thought the movie was dope.

Well said i thought the same thing... i hope a part 2 is in store.

Scrolled through here just enough to see the word "Good" a few times. Salty my eyes focused on someone saying the "ending was unnecessary
indifferent.gif
." Anywho...I'm about to go watch it now. I'll reply later... 

Saw the movie Thursday night.... Loved it the whole concept was great and I really liked the story I can't believe there are people who thought the movie wasn't better than Cloverfield.

Originally Posted by el terrible23

Spoiler [+]

If they can anticipate it then they can make a barrier to block the hit like with the fork. The stake/thunder was when they were no paying attention. 
I don't think they're invincible. I think they use their powers to cushion their damage or impact. Also I hate how Andrew just became corrupt. He seems like a smart guy so why didn't he just take up a sport. Excel at it with his power and use that money to pay for his mom's medication...smh.

Man %*++ this movie.....

not even joking, I've been in the process of writing somewhat of a novel about this very same concept, yet with more emphasis on the psychological aspects of actually having a super power....inspiration in now out the window
ohwell.gif

Awesome movie. My dude Vince from FNL killed it, and just the relationships between the main 3 guys, their characters, how natural most of the seems came across. Director put in work. And the cgi was both not as amazing as I thought it'd be, but a ton more believable, if that makes sense? Great directing...solid flick, but that whole security footage thing shoulda got dropped at the hospital.

They don't need to make a live action Akira anymore....
nerd.gif

eek.gif
 @ Andrew in full Tetsuo-mode in the end.
The film was great and a refreshing take on superheroes (given how watered down the genre has become).

The best attribute to a found-footage-film is the fact that it directly pulls you into the action. Loved the interaction between the 3 teens and was pleased that they didn't go overboard with their conversations with each other.

The most annoying thing in the film was the female blogger. She was completely unnecessary, and it's not like her footage was even vital to the story.

One element I was very impressed with, is how you were really pulling against the villain. No matter how empathetic you were towards him, there's still Uncle Ben whispering in your ear, "with great power, comes great responsibility."

Another quick thing, even though it really doesn't matter too much, the length of the film was perfect. Definitely left you wanting more, but ended when it was suppose to.

Highly recommended to comic geeks and non-comic geeks alike.

Back
Top Bottom