Cinco De Mayo in Arizona???

I'd imagine it will be a fairly somber occasion this year. Might wanna keep that I.D on the hip just in case, and leave the sombrero at home
roll.gif

- atl2miasofly does not agree with the new Arizona Immigration Law, and considers it to be offensive to the Constitutional right of privacy and possibly even a neutral classification that unlawfully discriminates against race/national origin.  

i chuckled just off reading the thread title before i opened......

Originally Posted by xanadu one

wasn't funny.

but not because i'm not mexican.

its because it wasn't funny.

is it really that wrong to think it was kinda funny?

i was lmao or dead because of it.......just like "haha......damn.......yea thats crazy though." along with a smh.

relax

Phoenix here - Shoot, I Look Mexican (am Filipino) - I'll be traveling on motorbike all day to conceal my face with helmet and dark visor hoping to avoid any profiling.

EDIT: I'll also be carrying an American flag in my back pocket with a Mccain sticker.

Originally Posted by atl2miasofly

Might wanna keep that I.D on the hip just in case, and leave the sombrero at home
roll.gif
You're an idiot.

Let me tell you why.

First, you stereotype.

Secondly, you're ignorant to the fact that the law doesn't go into effect for another 90 days.

I use to live in Miami, and although I'm black and white, people frequently thought that I was Hispanic...
It's terrible that the govt. wants to give the police a free pass to racially profile...
I'm just saying... imagine the implications today.  Everyone wants to go out, party and possibly enjoy some cervezas, but the police are free to pull someone over even without any suspicion of D.U.I.

Moral of the story for tonight:  Stay (and remain) thirsty my friends.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Might wanna keep that I.D on the hip just in case, and leave the sombrero at home
roll.gif
You're an idiot.

Let me tell you why.

First, you stereotype.

Secondly, you're ignorant to the fact that the law doesn't go into effect for another 90 days.
got em'
roll.gif

I use to live in Miami, and although I'm black and white, people frequently thought that I was Hispanic...
It's terrible that the govt. wants to give the police a free pass to racially profile...
I'm just saying... imagine the implications today.  Everyone wants to go out, party and possibly enjoy some cervezas, but the police are free to pull someone over even without any suspicion of D.U.I.

Moral of the story for tonight:  Stay (and remain) thirsty my friends.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
You're an idiot.

Let me tell you why.

First, you stereotype.

......i always see mexicans wear sombreros (and cowboy hats) on cinco de mayo in my area
nerd.gif

roll.gif
You're an idiot.

Let me tell you why.

First, you stereotype.

Umm... just a joke.  And I am aware that it hasn't gone into effect yet...again...just a joke. I actually follow laws with Constitutional implications rather closely, and look forward to decisions regarding the abortion laws in Oklahoma (also not yet in effect).  I'd love to discuss some of them with you...well...that is if you had a sense of humor. Con Law is already dry enough as it is

Back
Top Bottom