City of Industry: NFL, will it be done? VOL. Back in LA?

Maybe this will get me interested in American Rugby if we had a team...

I doubt it.

I didn't see anything in S&T within the first 5 pages

[h1][/h1]
[h1]NFL project gets approval from Industry Planning Commission, City Council to hear matter in two weeks[/h1]
By Ben Baeder, Staff Writer

Posted: 02/12/2009 04:59:35 PM PST

[h1]Los Angeles Stadium project[/h1]

INDUSTRY - Despite objections from surrounding cities, the Industry Planning Commission on Thursday approved a revised development plan paving the way for a National Football League stadium and retail complex.

The proposal now must go before the City Council for final approval. The matter is scheduled to be heard on Feb. 26.

Billionaire developer Ed Roski Jr. has proposed a 75,000-seat stadium for 592 acres on the east side of Industry near Walnut and Diamond Bar.

At Thursday's meeting, the commission agreed to reduce the total number of buildings at the site, and to approve new uses relating to an NFL stadium/retail center.

Officials in Walnut and Diamond Bar have hired special attorneys to fight the proposal.

Diamond Bar special attorney James E. Pugh argued Thursday the claim that the proposed NFL development site is smaller than a previous industrial/commercial development is "extremely misleading."

The new development would entail about 6.3 million square feet, while a previously proposal would cover about 4.7 million square feet, Pugh said.

John Semcken of Roski's Majestic Realty Co. said the current development is actually closer to 3 million square feet.

Walnut's special attorney Jan Chatten-Brown said Industry's leaders are not taking Walnut's complaints seriously.

Last month, the Industry City Council approved an environmental analysis for the project despite objections from Diamond

Advertisement

b

Bar and Walnut.
"They did not ask a single question about the EIR, which I find unfathomable," Chatten-Brown said.

Semcken said the stadium will be the "greenest" in the NFL and would generate $762 million a year, according to a consultant's estimate.

i seriously hate when they use "city of industry"

i grew up in rowland hts, and i can't even fathom how vato-filled that stadium would get
eek.gif

also, where they want to build it is on the 57N near alll that grassy area and factories.

so much land right there, i'm sure walnut would hate it cause their city will get trashed.

oh man...the residents of db and walnut are so against the stadium it's ridiculous
roll.gif

the traffic is gonna be
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
considering how bad it is already..

city is trash, to much traffic already out there its going to be NASTY with a stadium and there is NOTHING around there. dont like the idea one bit

you aint lying man, those new shopping centers (24hr fitness, the in n out, etc) right there on grand - i'm sure theyre already irked by the traffic.

but the traffic would be even worse getting off the freeway, grand is only 2 lanes
laugh.gif

theres plenty of land though. the cows might need a new home though

My ONLY gripe with all of this is, it's right on the edge of the 57/60

The 60 is THE WORST for traffic, especially near mt.Sac passing the 57. 405 levels
smh.gif

hold up, mike youre crazy Diamond Bar / Walnut is not trash.

there's mad million dollar houses around that area, thats probably why all them people would be oppose to the idea of too many outsiders going into thatclean quiet city.

they've built a lot of @%+* right there off valley and grand, but i get what youre saying.

Well, at least things are getting done in LA and there isn't even a team there.

The Chargers haven't accomplished jack squat in getting a stadium built in San Diego. Not a damn thing. And it's been like close to 5 years since theyhired Fabiani to handle the talks with the city. Ain't nothing going to get done with the city of San Diego. Oceanside and National City are out of thequestion. Nothing is going on with talks with Chula Vista.

I really got a bad feeling the Chargers are going to LA knowing Spanos has done business in the past with Roski.

i think i have the locations mixed up. i was thinking of pomona cause they talked about that one also

laugh.gif
now p-town right off garey, that city is trash filled with crime up and down that city.

whats random is right off phillips ranch is considered pomona and it has almost $1M houses.

but yeah, the area is right there off the 60 / Grand going towards Mt. Sac, for the people coming from the 57 to the 60 be prepared to be stuck on that curve /merge for 2hours+ easy
laugh.gif

But for now, who needs a pro team when we got USC Football
laugh.gif
(sorry mike)

i live not too far away from that area so im waiting for the day this happens.

its not going to be vato-filled bright nikes. there wont be 6 dollar pavilion seats at this place
laugh.gif

Trust me In Yo Nostril.

With surrounding cities such as Pomona, La Puente, Rowland Heights, Chino, Ontario will have an excuse to drop their Raider jerseys and buy beer to watch aLIVE football game to pack that stadium up. No question about it.

I ain't got a problem with it though
pimp.gif

my parents house is right down the street from this thing
i get the feeling that the only people against this are the old heads that are used to walnut being the same quiet town that it has always been
theyre adding lanes to grand also so that should help with some of the traffic........it would definetly make the area alot more interesting
L.A. Vikings 2010
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by goukiteg

City of Industry? Seriously?

we talked about this at work, its going to be wack to put it there but what are the other options?

-carson is a no since Home Depo center took that land
-that crap usc plays in is a DUMP, so u cant even upgrade it u would have to blow the whole thing up and start from there, which would mean USC would proablyhave to play in the rose bowl for a year or 2. which would be VERY hard to do
-Rose bowl? HELL NO, a dump also and WAY To far out and add in UCLA trying to find a home for a few years to play at.
-hollywood park, u would have to buy that place and the land and etc, etc, etc,
-downtown... no space that i can think of to put it at
-dodger stadium for football and baseball? not a chance in hell
- the spot the Great western fourm is at? proably not even close to been big enough

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Trust me In Yo Nostril.

With surrounding cities such as Pomona, La Puente, Rowland Heights, Chino, Ontario will have an excuse to drop their Raider jerseys and buy beer to watch a LIVE football game to pack that stadium up. No question about it.

I ain't got a problem with it though
pimp.gif

i live in claremont so i get to see it all the time. i hope cholo nation out in the IE abandons their raider jerseys so people stop telling me "oh youdont look like a raiders fan" every sunday. then i wouldnt have to explain that not all raiders fans have bald heads and stab people
laugh.gif

im pretty sure if any team comes here, its going to be the chargers. it would be nice to have a team again but i probably wouldnt become a fan unless it was anexpansion/re-named team.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

we talked about this at work, its going to be wack to put it there but what are the other options?

-that crap usc plays in is a DUMP, so u cant even upgrade it u would have to blow the whole thing up and start from there, which would mean USC would proably have to play in the rose bowl for a year or 2. which would be VERY hard to do
-Rose bowl? HELL NO, a dump also and WAY To far out and add in UCLA trying to find a home for a few years to play at.
- the spot the Great western fourm is at? proably not even close to been big enough

Hm. I've never thought about it in that great of a detail, but still City of Industry is wasteland. Outside of Spearmint Rhino, what is there?

Maybe the City of Commerce. It's just outside of LA and there are huge warehouses near the citadel that can be torn down.

And I know that it isn't the best idea either, but come on now. THE CITY OF INDUSTRY?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

-that crap usc plays in is a DUMP, so u cant even upgrade it u would have to blow the whole thing up and start from there, which would mean USC would proably have to play in the rose bowl for a year or 2. which would be VERY hard to do

the problem isnt land, its investors.

hollywood park and the forum are right next to each other. they wanted to put a stadium there back in the day but it fell through. dodger stadium would work asthere is enough land to build a stadium. but again, mccourt isnt paying for that nor would he sell the land.

LA will never approve a stadium built with tax dollars unlike most other NFL cities and that is the reason we have no team. its going to take someone likeroski to get it done because he is fronting all the money himself for construction. he has already spent millions on environmental studies and what not.

Back
Top Bottom