Classic albums that you don't think are classics Vol. GTFOOHWTBS

Now for the sake of discussion and arguing, I'd like to keep this inside the lines nothing too crazy with the insults.

I'd also like ppl to explain why they think the album deemed as classic is not classic to them.

DrDre-2001.jpg

Now I'm not even sure if this is generally deemed a classic but I've met ppl and seen it on here as one to bring it up. this album undoubtedly hassome classic songs on it but there are just too many filler, n plain joints on this that I'm not feeling. Dre really should've condensed this to a 14track album. Songs like Ackrite, Housewife, Murder Ink, Light Speed, The Message(yes I know what the song is about but ehh), n Bang Bang just dont do it for menothing at all like The Chronic with that West Coast feel. Its like the latter half of this is a big letdown and yea I know Dre doesn't write his rhymesbut then there shoulda been more Em on this album or a better West Coast MC than the Hittman.

Discuss n list your own Imma do this 1 album at a time just in case of an insane amount of flaming.

smokin.gif

eek.gif
chronic 2001? nah but the end of that cd is like the definition of falling off, but the first half of this cd is so good i forgive it

B000BL39FG.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This album just dont do it for me. Its got its moments, but all in all I just cant get that into it.

2001 on the other hand............

Reasonable Doubt (Waits for Jay-Z riders).

Blueprint>Reasonable Doubt.

Anything that Jay-Z has made that people consider a classic. I just don't feel any of his cds, i don't know why.

I agree with you, '2001' isn't a classic (for the same reasons, the end of the album just didn't hold up).

I also don't feel Eminem or Kanye West have dropped a classic album, contrary to the ppl on NT who feel they have dropped several.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LB81986

I agree with you, '2001' isn't a classic (for the same reasons, the end of the album just didn't hold up).

I also don't feel Eminem or Kanye West have dropped a classic album, contrary to the ppl on NT who feel they have dropped several.
eyes.gif

I personally thinnk MMLP and Late Registration are ...
[color= rgb(0, 255, 102)]2001 no ... good album tho. Chronic ... Yes ...[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 255, 102)]Reasonable Doubt should never be questioned ... nearly flawless.[/color]

eek.gif
Y'all don't get down with Chronic or 2001 like that?

Unfathomable to me, both of those albums are easily classic and timeless music

eek.gif
chronic 2001? nah but the end of that cd is like the definition of falling off, but the first half of this cd is so good i forgive it
i agree, when i had it, i only remember listening to the beginning of the disc. i cant name 1 track on the last half of that album.

my contribution to the thread is.........

i just found it TOO boring to be enjoyable.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
wow the jay-z hate is hilarious.

anyone wanna explain why his albums aren't as good as people say they are? Im really interested in your justifications.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

eek.gif

[color= rgb(204, 102, 255)] Matt b/c it's weedhead music. It sounds amazing when you are blunted ... I don'thave to elaborate.[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

eek.gif
i agree, when i had it, i only remember listening to the beginning of the disc. i cant name 1 track on the last half of that album.

my contribution to the thread is.........

i just found it TOO boring to be enjoyable.

[color= rgb(204, 153, 255)]I agree people always get on me ... I just can't get into the album and I have beentrying since 1997 ... I like a couple songs ... and I love Rae lyrically ... but I just can't listen to it that much or consider it classic.[/color]

51KQ2jAIq6L._AA240_.jpg

Im sorry this is another album i cant call a classic. Reason being is because of the production, lyric wise is was dope but i hated the trackmasterz. DJPremier should have did this album as a whole.

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

eek.gif

[color= rgb(204, 102, 255)]Matt b/c it's weedhead music. It sounds amazing when you are blunted ... I don't have to elaborate.[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No sir you do not. It's also gotta be a Cali thing, those albums were the soundtrack to my life for YEARS

IWW is definitely not classic, and I wouldn't call any single Eminem album classic either

neither of the chronics are musical classic to me. the first one is an impact classic, and it is an important album, sort of like straight outta compton. idon't care much for impact classics. i don't feel that the music is classic, like an illmatic.

i don't feel that reasonable doubt is a musical classic either. it's a classic because of who made it, not because of the music.

it was written isn't classic. kanye, nor emimem have classics. i wouldn't dare compare any of their records to a 36 chambers.

blueprint? classic? please. it's not even the best record of 2001, much less the best record this decade.

get rich or die trying? ive seen this uttered many times on this board, and frankly, i don't understand it.

i feel that classics are the cream of the crop. the records that you play forever. every record isn't classic, that's not a bad thing. a lot of recordsare just good records. nothing wrong with that. but hey, to each his own. if we all saw things the same way, life would be pretty boring, so it's good tohave differing opinions.

Anything Eminem, Nas or anything with Wu-Tang or any of it's members is not a classic to me. Not to say they didn't have some solid albums (Illmatic,Marshal Matthers), but no classics in there IMO.

And I have no idea how people can say Blueprint is not a classic.

BTW; Yes, I have my flame suit on.

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

** Leaves this post before i lay my eyes on any more absurd post**
roll.gif

- i feel you, i mean seriously cuban links? 2001? the blueprint????

- i tell you what:
Classic albums that you don't think are classics
GTFOOHWTBS!!!!

I too never really go into Jay-Z's album's like that, but I do like The Blueprint more than I do A Reasonable Doubt.

Back
Top Bottom