Classy: Fox erases applause from obama speech.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

first, i would like you to point out where i said this is Obama's Katrina ... ... ... i'll wait ... ... ...

next, id like you to point out where i said the oil spill is Obama's fault ... ... ... i'll wait ... ... ...

lastly, i'd like you to start coming into every thread about Obama with an open mind instead of turning your "O M G" fuse on and lashing out at everything anyone says that could possibly even remotely be negative about the guy ... any person with ANY type of political knowledge and fair mindedness would tell you Obama has been a DISASTER as a president so far ... the far left hates him, the right definitely hates him and there isnt an independent in our country who will re-elect him as of right now ... maybe he will turn it around, but stop with your @#$% ... you always parade around political threads throwing your liberal tirades and it's getting old ...

and by the way, you say all he looks stupid for is offshore drilling ... why dont you take that cue and focus your political hatred toward the president YOU elected, straight FLIPPING on damn near every important
issue he ran on ... see how that works out for you ...
While I don't consider his presidency a disaster, I do bash him whenever he needs to be.. Financial Reform he is doing better currently but for his first 16 months his appointees lead him to disastrous positions. That's his fault.

Health Care he made deals that were ridiculous and cow tied to republicans who had no intention of fixing health care...

He doubled down on Afghanistan when all things pointed not to
And he keeps listening to Generals who want to stay in Iraq forever because when they retire military contractors will fill their pockets with millions.

And I am being of fair mind.. He has bull****ted everyone... No doubt.. Will I take him over republicans? Yes... Will he win in 2012? I have no doubt that he will...

He's no liberal.. He's a careful person. Which drives him into center right compromises.

It's frustrating. And I wake up many of days pissed off about it.

So don't tell me where my open mindedness is, and what I do or do not know about what is going on. Do you know I went to a few tea party rallies and sat there and just watched?... Do you know I constantly talk to conservatives about politics? Being open-minded =/= giving acceptability to an opinion that is flat out wrong.. You may be too young to understand that.

You came into a thread talking about referencing Hurricane Katrina and also mentioned the oil spill.... So shut it... You were comparing the 2..

And my liberal "tirades" are because I am a liberal. But these "tirades" are more knowledgeable than any ++$!+$%* you will ever speak. And you may be sick of it because it's against your view point.

And don't say what I focus on and don't focus on.. I voice my opinion on everything he does wrong... I know where he flip flops on... I write my congressman/senators frequently..I go to fundraisers and town halls. I donate to people who actually hold their promises (Grayson of Florida and Weiner of NY, neither in my district)....

Sooooooooooooooooooooo if you are going to talk politics, I am not the guy to do so with. Because my liberalness seems to bother you..

Originally Posted by Essential1

Yeah Bush did take meetings...

Before the hurricane even hit HE WAS TOLD THE HURRICANE WOULD BE BIG AND THE LEVY WOULD BREAK...

WHAT DID HE DO? NOTHING
so you place no blame on all the people who were told to evacuate and given the opportunity to do so, yet decided to stay? if not, then how can you blame Bush for the same thing? they thought it would hold, and according to you Bush thought it would hold ... just using logic ...

roll.gif
and then you post an article with NOTHING of value ... ok so FEMA says if the big bad wolf comes he might blow the house down ... hey if this storm gets REALLY big, it might breach the levees ... really? nooooo, really? the US instituted the biggest levees we've ever had for Katrina ... ... ... flooding could leave new orleans flooding for weeks or months huh man ... well what the hell do you think happened in TENNESSEE THIS YEAR?! get outta here with your bs man ...

like i said, if Bush was in office he would have been crucified by everyone by now and accused of hating blacks ... /thread

Originally Posted by Essential1

Yeah Bush did take meetings...

Before the hurricane even hit HE WAS TOLD THE HURRICANE WOULD BE BIG AND THE LEVY WOULD BREAK...

WHAT DID HE DO? NOTHING
so you place no blame on all the people who were told to evacuate and given the opportunity to do so, yet decided to stay? if not, then how can you blame Bush for the same thing? they thought it would hold, and according to you Bush thought it would hold ... just using logic ...

roll.gif
and then you post an article with NOTHING of value ... ok so FEMA says if the big bad wolf comes he might blow the house down ... hey if this storm gets REALLY big, it might breach the levees ... really? nooooo, really? the US instituted the biggest levees we've ever had for Katrina ... ... ... flooding could leave new orleans flooding for weeks or months huh man ... well what the hell do you think happened in TENNESSEE THIS YEAR?! get outta here with your bs man ...

like i said, if Bush was in office he would have been crucified by everyone by now and accused of hating blacks ... /thread

Well, Obama is being accused   of hating   whites and  criticized  as being  "un-american".  You only   see what you want to  see perhaps

so you recognize he has pretty much done the opposite of what he ran on, yet you will take him over any republican ... you say he has bull %%!% everyone, yet you will vote for him again ... ... ... i rest my case ... goodbye, i'm really never going to respond to you ever again ...

so you recognize he has pretty much done the opposite of what he ran on, yet you will take him over any republican ... you say he has bull %%!% everyone, yet you will vote for him again ... ... ... i rest my case ... goodbye, i'm really never going to respond to you ever again ...

well no 3rd party candidate has ever been anywhere close to what I wanted

So in 2012 I am left with 2 choices Democrat or Republican

Obama (D) vs. Republican

So I am going to vote for a guy who lies (all politicians do) who actually cares to try and help people instead of voting for a party (Republicans) who say they are for the people, and the constitution and they are not and never will be unless they become a new party over night (but we know they won't).... They haven't cared about the people since the 60s... SO I WON'T vote for a corporatist, racist, anti-intellectual, anti-inclusive party... But since Obama lied in the quest to get good legislation I will consider republicans?  Obama is miles ahead of republicans in terms of honesty and actually attempt to help people...

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt you haven't grown up yet to understand that concept..

And don't respond to me I don't care.... You see what you want to see and make the assumptions off that.. So why debate a person who isn't actually trying to have an intellectual debate.... He just wants to throw out assumptions..

And good day to you. 

Lets see: GDP is expanding, consecutive monthly job creation, increasing consumer spending, Tax cuts, Healthcare reform. These are some of the things that he said he would do and has done it so far. The economy was in bad shape when he got into office and now we're showing positive signs of a strong recovery. I don't believe he has been a complete disaster at all. I think he has done a fair job thus far. But saying he is a complete disaster is a reach. I would say he has done a lot in his first year. We haven't seen this much action from a president since Clinton. And people were getting on Obama for moving to fast so its like a damn if you do damn if you don't situation with Obama.

This is why I stopped following politics. I still smh at myself for being excited when Obama was elected. I was at Grant Park Election Night and thought the world would be different, better. I can't believe I was so naive during that time even though I've always known the fallibility of mankind
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

BP is a      private corporation whereas the levees were government controlled.

Private corporation or not, the government should have been doing more to assist in stopping the leak.  Everyone wants to put the blame on BP, but at the same time they have shown that they don't have the means to stop it and the government has been stalling in helping them whether you want to believe it or not.  The government wants this to happen, they want to raise the gas prices in the country and are letting this go to make a point. 

I didn't like Bush at all, but the levees deal was inevitable.  The city is below sea level, the people living there knew that and knew risk.  They weren't going to be able to evacuate the entire area, and if they had announced it there would have been mass chaos and probably even more deaths.  You can't stop nature fam.  And what about the recent floods in Nashville, there was hardly any reporting on that, yet Obama didn't really do anything for them.  Some of you that think you know about politics really don't.  Sure everyone can step back and see what is the right or wrong thing to do morally, but politicians do things after they calculate the risk.  The president isn't up there looking out for the greater good of you and me, he is a puppet with his strings being pulled by corporations that helped fund his campaign and help him get to where he is. 

Originally Posted by JayAmazin

Lets see: GDP is expanding, consecutive monthly job creation, increasing consumer spending, Tax cuts, Healthcare reform. These are some of the things that he said he would do and has done it so far. The economy was in bad shape when he got into office and now we're showing positive signs of a strong recovery. I don't believe he has been a complete disaster at all. I think he has done a fair job thus far. But saying he is a complete disaster is a reach. I would say he has done a lot in his first year. We haven't seen this much action from a president since Clinton. And people were getting on Obama for moving to fast so its like a damn if you do damn if you don't situation with Obama.
You have a very valid point...

He IS doing the issues he said he would, but he ISN'T going about it the way he said he would.. That's why people are pissed with him on the liberal side.

Because he constantly compromises with crazy people who have no intention of working with him. He is compromising in the name of bipartisanship when there is no bipartisanship...

If Republicans actually had decent ideas and would give him 20 votes in return of the compromise then I'd have no problem. But he hasn't even gotten a handful of good ideas in exchange for massive compromise that hasn't even gotten 20 votes in 2 years.

Should people who voted for Obama be angry? Yes.... Should we question him? Yes......

But it is our fault just as much as his that he has taken these positions... We don't organize and push for positions the way we did in 2008 and if we did he'd do more things our way. But like most electorates when our guy gets elected we sit back and say he will do the right thing.. When it is almost impossible given the location he is in.. America as a whole is Center driven.... Washington Bubble as a whole is Conservative.. F that Liberal Media bull, the establishment is conservative. Senate is highly conservative.. Where as the House of Reps is a more representative picture of the country and is far more liberal than the Senate is..

Do I still think Obama wishes he could have done the public option, not cave on how to deal with terrorists, and everything else he has caved on?  Yes I think he would have if it was politically feasible... But when a man gets all the pressure from the right and gets very little from the left to drag him to the right position, he will appease the right.....

And our only choice is either vote for Republicans or don't vote... And anyone who voted for Obama should vote again because on the little issues that Democrats do follow through on that will help us and not screw up the way a certain thing is done they follow through on, and there is NO WAY a republican would do such thing. It sucks they have trouble with major issues, but the alternative would be absolutely abhorrent.....

GDP is expanding because of government spending. Consecutive job creation in the public sector. Increased consumer spending due to one time tax credits. There hasn't been any tax "cuts", whose tax rates have been cut? The economy is still in bad shape, it is hanging by a thread and is one head nod away by China from fully collapsing. Most of all, it took him damn near 4 weeks to come out with a genius idea of "plugging the damn hole!", absolutely genius idea. Geeze, why didn't BP think of that? Obama gave a press conference just conferring how incompetent government is in situations like this and could have probably been handled a lot faster if it wasn't for the Ivy League geniuses arguing with each other on what to do, while BP is waiting for their direction. Ixtoc was the worst oil spill in history and as far as I know, Mexico is still around and the sea turtles are still laying eggs.

Originally Posted by rashi

Who would want to applaud George H.W. Bush's NWO Part Duex anyway? The applause was probably pre-recorded anyway like everything else this mirage we call the Barack Obama already is.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Hmmm....maybe the people that DID applaud.

Originally Posted by rashi

GDP is expanding because of government spending. Consecutive job creation in the public sector. Increased consumer spending due to one time tax credits. There hasn't been any tax "cuts", whose tax rates have been cut? The economy is still in bad shape, it is hanging by a thread and is one head nod away by China from fully collapsing. Most of all, it took him damn near 4 weeks to come out with a genius idea of "plugging the damn hole!", absolutely genius idea. Geeze, why didn't BP think of that? Obama gave a press conference just conferring how incompetent government is in situations like this and could have probably been handled a lot faster if it wasn't for the Ivy League geniuses arguing with each other on what to do, while BP is waiting for their direction. Ixtoc was the worst oil spill in history and as far as I know, Mexico is still around and the sea turtles are still laying eggs.

You are right about the GDP. However I disagree with you about there not being tax cuts. The Stimulus plan alone included nearly 300 billion dollars in middle class tax cuts, then this year he had two bills passed includind tax cuts to small businesses worth 150 billion. Some of that was infrastructure spending. The Health Care bill also includes tax cuts and tax credits to middle income families. Yes part of the GDP expansion was done with government spending but it was also done with a companies boosting inventories and private capital. No most of the job creation wasn't in the public sector. It was seen in the private sector. Construction jobs alone outpaced the public sector jobs just last month. And this month it is expected to be another 290,000 jobs created. The economy is growing. Every economist internationally are now having a much brighter forecast of a stronger recovery.  

Back
Top Bottom