Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

sounds about right for a Clipper home game.
laugh.gif

Rough one tonight. Hopefully we can at least make things respectable in the 2nd half. 2 and 2 is a decent road trip. Should have been 3 and 1 anyway.

We went 3-2 on the road which isn't bad for a struggling team. We just have to win 75% of the season to even sniff the 'offs
laugh.gif

get well kaman & taylor
tired.gif

if this were earlier in the season i would have turned the game off after the 1st.
But i really thought we were gonna come back
laugh.gif

Oh well, we've been playing really well, we(Zbo) were due for a bad game.
Just dont wanna see another one like this till next month.

Peep the avy
pimp.gif
(First avy ive ever made so dont shoot on the quality
laugh.gif
)

2pqlwy9.gif

it's not showing up on my cpu but that's my avy
pimp.gif
If any of y'all want some clippers avy's just pm me. we gotta rep Clippers in style
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

If gas stays around $2 im definitely going. I need to be close enough for _on Nelson to hear me.
If he still has a job then, pelase let him hear it all night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

if this were earlier in the season i would have turned the game off after the 1st.
But i really thought we were gonna come back
laugh.gif

Oh well, we've been playing really well, we(Zbo) were due for a bad game.
Just dont wanna see another one like this till next month.

Peep the avy
pimp.gif
(First avy ive ever made so dont shoot on the quality
laugh.gif
)

2pqlwy9.gif

it's not showing up on my cpu but that's my avy
pimp.gif
If any of y'all want some clippers avy's just pm me. we gotta rep Clippers in style
laugh.gif
Did you use my avy tutorial? Just wondering.
nerd.gif

2pqlwy9.gif
I was going to say, "Why would he use a clip from a game where his team got BLOOOWN OUT?". Then after I thought about it, you guysprobably have clips from the 3 games you won
laugh.gif
Spoiler [+]
I kid
laugh.gif

NOOT

What happened with camby?
I went to the game tonight....and some people were chanting "fire dunleavy" and I was
roll.gif
. We were in section 117 so it was close enough fordunleavy to hear. A few players looked up and ricky davis was kinda laughing. He kept looking up into the stands and had a smirk on his face

in other news

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Clippers Sign Guard Fred Jones
fjones_254_081228.jpg

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent guard Fred Jones. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
A six-year NBA veteran, Jones played 70 games with the Knicks last season, averaging 7.6 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 25.1 minutes. The Clippers will be the fifth NBA team for Jones, who has appeared in 378 total games and is averaging 7.5 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists in his NBA career.

A star at the University of Oregon, Jones helped lead the Ducks to the Elite Eight of the 2002 NCAA Tournament and was drafted by the Indiana Pacers with the 14th selection of the 2002 NBA Draft. Jones played four seasons with Indiana, winning the 2004 NBA Slam Dunk Contest as a Pacer before signing with the Raptors prior to the 2006-07 season.

Jones joined Portland midway through the 2006-07 season in a trade, teaming up with current Clipper Zach Randolph and then going to New York along with Randolph in a five-player deal on June 28, 2007.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

in other news

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Clippers Sign Guard Fred Jones
fjones_254_081228.jpg

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent guard Fred Jones. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
A six-year NBA veteran, Jones played 70 games with the Knicks last season, averaging 7.6 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 25.1 minutes. The Clippers will be the fifth NBA team for Jones, who has appeared in 378 total games and is averaging 7.5 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists in his NBA career.

A star at the University of Oregon, Jones helped lead the Ducks to the Elite Eight of the 2002 NCAA Tournament and was drafted by the Indiana Pacers with the 14th selection of the 2002 NBA Draft. Jones played four seasons with Indiana, winning the 2004 NBA Slam Dunk Contest as a Pacer before signing with the Raptors prior to the 2006-07 season.

Jones joined Portland midway through the 2006-07 season in a trade, teaming up with current Clipper Zach Randolph and then going to New York along with Randolph in a five-player deal on June 28, 2007.

smokin.gif

I think this is a good move. Not Earth-shattering, but good. The team definitely does not have a lot of depth and still has trouble scoring at times. Jones isa decent scorer and athletic, so I only see him helping coming off the bench. BTW - another bad loss tonight. Looks like the corner the team started to turn isbig longer than I thought.

seriously we need to effin fired dunleavy or trade baron!!! u can see on barons face that he does not want to be here... fire dunleavy and bring in samcassell!!

Originally Posted by Summumma

seriously we need to effin fired dunleavy or trade baron!!! u can see on barons face that he does not want to be here... fire dunleavy and bring in sam cassell!!
Funny you say that...

[h1]Warriors' Jackson captains 'Bring Back Baron' movement[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
Staff writer

Posted: 12/28/2008 09:07:34 PM PST

Updated: 12/28/2008 10:45:27 PM PST

LOS ANGELES - The Warriors came to Hollywood a day before Sunday's game, so you can probably imagine how swingman Stephen Jackson spent his Saturday. That's right, hanging with former teammate Baron Davis, one of Jackson's best friends.

What you might not imagine is what Jackson talked to the Los Angeles Clippers point guard about: Davis coming back to the Warriors.

"That's all we talked about," Jackson said. "I went to his house, spent some time with his mom and his grandmother. He wants to come back. And if he wants to come back, I want him back."

After talks about a contract extension with the Warriors stalled, Davis opted out of the final year of his contract in July and signed a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers. Davis has said he never wanted to leave the Warriors but chose the more secure option. Things haven't gone so well with the Clippers. After losing to Dallas at the Staples Center hours before the Warriors took to the court, the Clippers are 8-21.

Jackson said he's going to be the president of the "Bring B.D. Back" campaign. It is feasible that the Warriors and Clippers could pull off such a deal. It would have to involve swingman Corey Maggette (for salary cap reasons) and/or guard Jamal Crawford (to make room in the backcourt).

Clippers owner Donald Sterling had said publicly last season that he wanted Maggette around long term. And Crawford, or even point guard Marcus Williams, would fill the Clippers' hole at point guard, if Davis were to go.

"I think that would be great for us," Jackson said. "Coach loves him. Him and (guard) Monta (Ellis) have good chemistry. If they could work that out, that would be great for the organization."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_11327156http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_11327156

Now I know none of this came from Baron's mouth but it makes you think
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
there was another article talking about how Elton Brand said he might have made the wrong decision.

EB ruined everything
smh.gif

and yea, i used your avy tutorial.

laugh.gif
there was another article talking about how Elton Brand said he might have made the wrong decision.

EB ruined everything
smh.gif
- Elton's regretting his decision.
- Baron's regretting his decision.
- Maggette's regretting his decision.
- Gilbert's rehabbing and doing whatever... probably blogging or playing online poker.

Last offseason should have never happened
laugh.gif

and yea, i used your avy tutorial.
pimp.gif

So a couple of friends and I are possibly going to the Clips game on Wednesday, anyone attending?

Some questions:

- Is parking hard to find?
- What time should I arrive for autographs before the game?
- Are DSLR cameras (Big chunky cameras with lenses
laugh.gif
) allowed?

I'm sure I have more in mind, but answers would be appreciated
pimp.gif
thanks!

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif

EB ruined everything
smh.gif
- Elton's regretting his decision.
- Baron's regretting his decision.
- Maggette's regretting his decision.
- Gilbert's rehabbing and doing whatever... probably blogging or playing online poker.

Last offseason should have never happened
laugh.gif
http://games.espn.go.com/...12~9~20&te=&cash=

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

So a couple of friends and I are possibly going to the Clips game on Wednesday, anyone attending?

Some questions:

- Is parking hard to find?
- What time should I arrive for autographs before the game?
- Are DSLR cameras (Big chunky cameras with lenses
laugh.gif
) allowed?

I'm sure I have more in mind, but answers would be appreciated
pimp.gif
thanks!
i was at the game earlier vs the mavs, anyway there are a lot of parking but its just up to you if you want to pay more or less and how faryou're willing to park. if you're coming a little bit early try looking for $10 parking places at flower st.

regarding cameras, from the staplescenter website:

[h3]Cameras/Photography[/h3]
No commercial or flash photography of any kind is permitted. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited unless authorized by team/promoteror performer. Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:
  • Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
  • Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
  • Interchangeable lenses of any kind
  • Monopods or tripods
  • Flash equipment of any kind
and

[h3]Prohibited Items[/h3]
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all STAPLES Center events. Please visit the links below for specificpolicies/information.
  • Weapons
  • Outside Food and Beverage
  • Cameras: no flash/professional photography
  • Recording Devices
  • Bags: Backpacks, Large Bags, Suitcases
  • Signs/Flags/Banners/Posters/Pamphlets
  • Tripods/ Monopods, Laser Pointers, Alcohol, Drugs, Noise Making Devices, Fireworks, Flashlights, Skateboards/ Rollerblades, Beach Balls, Cans or Bottles.
  • Laptop Computers

jepeh21 yo, thanks for the info man
smokin.gif

Cameras/Photography
No commercial or flash photography of any kind is permitted. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited unless authorized by team/promoteror performer. Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:
  • Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
  • Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
  • Interchangeable lenses of any kind
  • Monopods or tripods
  • Flash equipment of any kind
Man, that's the only one I got!
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I'll look what I can do about it, thanks again though. Good luck on Wednesday, I'll be cheering for the Clips.

EDIT: Who usually gives autographs and what time should I get there?

no problem Luong1209, anyway just bring a digicam i guess. regarding the autographsession i have never seated in the lower sections for quite some time now and i don't know how that goes about but i guess you just come in a little bitearlier and ask for autographs when the players go for warm ups prior to the game.

Back
Top Bottom