Closed

“@RaidersBeat: Reggie McKenzie said the #Raiders won't pass on a "great" receiver to wait for a "good" receiver later in the draft.”

“@RaidersBeat: Reggie McKenzie said the #Raiders won't pass on a "great" receiver to wait for a "good" receiver later in the draft.”

I'm thinking this is trade bait. Do you pass on a great player in exchange for +2 good ones?

I think in our situation you have to. And I agree that that sounds like an attempt to turn up the pressure on teams for better offers. Hope it works out.

Two more days.
Please no QBs in the draft...especially Johnny Manziel. That guy is no good. If anything lets get Bridgewater. I like his quote "im a rare breed...a dying breed".

Johnny is fake.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 2h
And Oakland doesn't take him at 5 either. Me? Personally? I looooove what he does out there. But I don't make a pick
Expand

On Manziel

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur

Heard more than one comparison of OT Greg Robinson to Orlando Pace. Overpowering athlete. If Khalil Mack and Sammy
Sammy Watkins are gone by the time the #Raiders pick at No. 5, Robinson is a great consolation prize.
It's one of the reasons I don't think Oakland should trade back. There are, in my mind, a pretty clear cut class of 5 great players: Jadeveon Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson and Jake Matthews ... and then a slight dropoff.

Oralando Pace not bad wouldn't be against it.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 2h
And Oakland doesn't take him at 5 either. Me? Personally? I looooove what he does out there. But I don't make a pick
Expand

On Manziel

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur

Heard more than one comparison of OT Greg Robinson to Orlando Pace. Overpowering athlete. If Khalil Mack and Sammy
Sammy Watkins are gone by the time the #Raiders pick at No. 5, Robinson is a great consolation prize.
It's one of the reasons I don't think Oakland should trade back. There are, in my mind, a pretty clear cut class of 5 great players: Jadeveon Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson and Jake Matthews ... and then a slight dropoff.

Oralando Pace not bad wouldn't be against it.

If I'm Reggie I have to feel confident that I can find a great player wherever I happen to be in the first round. What I also know is that I NEED more young players who will be ready to take over positions no more than two years from now.

I think Reggie will be determined to trade back, and hopefully he'll have someone like Watkins available to him to give teams the incentive to deliver good picks.

Last edited:
The more I see these mock drafts the less likely I see our chances of grabbing Mack, Watkins or Robinson...If it ain't either of these three I hope RM finds a way to trade down

If we got a 1st and 2nd that would give us 4 players in the top 75 . Need Jerry to call Reggie
laugh.gif
If we drop down to 16 for a 1st and 2nd. I would be pissed. Swap 1st with a 2nd,  4th and a future 2nd round pick

Last edited:
TRFB told me to give some respect to Oakland so here I am. :lol:

I'll say this, I like you guys best in the AFCW. But past that you know I can't say much. While I respect the history and impact the Raiders have had in NFL lore (always defend Oak when people try to dismiss the past), the Pitt/Oak rivalry was the nastiest the NFL has ever seen. Football will never be that good again. But you know I have to respect the rivalry and can't give too much love to the Silver and Black. Good luck in the draft

PS, full disclosure...I owned a Raiders satin Starter Jacket back in the day. Loved Bo that much. It was bad a-- wearing that with my Raider "34" SC Trainers :smokin

Last edited:
Right on dmx :smokin *fist bump*

The Steelers are my favorite rival in the NFL. I wasn't around for those battles in the 70s, but when I watch the TV specials about that time I can't help but feel proud about us and Pittsburgh running the AFC and having the road to the Super Bowl run through us. Despite our terrible period, it's nice to know that our place as a historic franchise in the league is intact. I've heard/read a few times that the NFL is a better league when the Raiders are an elite team. I can't wait until that's true again.

Final comment, stop beating Pitt even when you are "bad". Seriously have their number :lol:

Back
Top Bottom