Cmonwealth x DC Shoe Release Party Feb. 7

i believe this is the "model" but not the colorway

kicks-presented-by-dc-shoes-and-subtext-1.jpg

more pics of the shoe can be seen @ http://www.subtextstore.com/

The shoe is inspired by modern furniture designers Charles and Ray Eames, and is made out of the actual Eames fabric.

Regardless of my affliation with Commonwealth, I find it troubling that adults can pass judgment on a product so quickly without physically seeing the productand/or being fully informed about it. I'm not necessarily talking to the two cats in here only, but people in general.

It doesn't take a lot to google/wiki search Ray and Charles Eames and learn about their contributions to mid-century design and then see that they servedas the design inspiration of the shoe.

In an age where shoes are pumped out with little to no care about design, history, or quality but more to do with hype and "limited numbers" tofurther that hype, consumers should appreciate products that are created with craftmanship and integrity even more.

off the no bull...that was thee most politically correct response I have ever seen on Niketalk...

but to respond. i think the time we in now...cats will only cop if it looks good, regardless of the meaning.

probably why people cop fake stuff all day.

you made a great statement tho rome.

thats cool. thumbs up on the design and quality aspect. still an easy pass. ill be there for both events but only for an excuse to party and because roli rhois a beast on the techs.

i'm copping and i'm going to put them in my crib in the exact spot where an EAMES chair would be if i had an extra $3000.00 to throwdown on the one i've been wanting for years! now that's what's up*...
smokin.gif

*actually, it's not what's up, but i'm going to do it anyway
laugh.gif

Regardless of my affliation with Commonwealth, I find it troubling that adults can pass judgment on a product so quickly without physically seeing the product and/or being fully informed about it. I'm not necessarily talking to the two cats in here only, but people in general.

It doesn't take a lot to google/wiki search Ray and Charles Eames and learn about their contributions to mid-century design and then see that they served as the design inspiration of the shoe.

In an age where shoes are pumped out with little to no care about design, history, or quality but more to do with hype and "limited numbers" to further that hype, consumers should appreciate products that are created with craftmanship and integrity even more.

You can't appeal to every consumer and I just so happen to be one of those. Doesn't matter to me who the inspiration of the shoe was, from the picturein this thread it's simply not visibly appealing to me. Still, hope the release went smoothly and I still look forward to seeing future designs.

Back
Top Bottom