Co-Ed Dorm Rooms... Word?!?

CNN Article

Apologies NT if I'm late, but this is a very interesting concept that has already hit several colleges/universities (Brown, UPenn, Wesleyan, Oberlin,et al.)...

Me personally, I don't have a close female friend who I'd want to room with... but it could be
pimp.gif
for some cats if schools did this for incoming freshman.

Could also be
eek.gif
mad.gif
in many other ways too.

What do yall think about it?

Sounds great at first, but I'm 100% positive that living in the same room with a chick that's not my wife would get old quickly.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
at this chick:
art.coed.dorm.room.ap.jpg

i would have NO sexual desires whatsoever
laugh.gif

Debbie Feldman's 20-year-old daughter, Samantha, is a sophomore at Oberlin in Ohio and plans to room with her platonic friend Grey Castro, a straight guy, next year. Feldman said she was shocked when her daughter told her.

"When you have a male and female sharing such close quarters, I think it's somewhat delusional to think there won't be sexual tension," 52-year-old Feldman said. "Maybe this generation feels more comfortable walking around in their underwear. I'm not sure that's a good thing."

Still, Feldman said her daughter is partly in college to learn life lessons, and it's her decision. Samantha said she assured her mom that she thinks of Castro as a brother.
"I'm really close to him, and I consider him one of my really good friends," she said. "I really trust him. That trust makes it work."

Grey Castro is smashing
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Debbie Feldman's 20-year-old daughter, Samantha, is a sophomore at Oberlin in Ohio and plans to room with her platonic friend Grey Castro, a straight guy, next year. Feldman said she was shocked when her daughter told her.

"When you have a male and female sharing such close quarters, I think it's somewhat delusional to think there won't be sexual tension," 52-year-old Feldman said. "Maybe this generation feels more comfortable walking around in their underwear. I'm not sure that's a good thing."

Still, Feldman said her daughter is partly in college to learn life lessons, and it's her decision. Samantha said she assured her mom that she thinks of Castro as a brother.

"I'm really close to him, and I consider him one of my really good friends," she said. "I really trust him. That trust makes it work."

I'd bet my ENTIRE savings that there will be an inevitable drunken hook-up somewhere down the line....homegirl pulled the ol' okey-doke on her mom inassuring her that she thinks of him nothing more than a brother
laugh.gif
That mom HAS to be incredibly naive.

This would be a forsure no-no if I had a daughter....

wouldnt like it..if your smashing the broad you living with, then its gonna be real tough to have other girls over..

co-ed dorms are cool..but a room nahh..

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'd bet my ENTIRE savings that there will be an inevitable drunken hook-up somewhere down the line....homegirl pulled the ol' okey-doke on her mom in assuring her that she thinks of him nothing more than a brother
laugh.gif

It could be real interesting but I would definitely lay down a NO SMASHINGPOLICY when we're both in the room. I'm not waking up at night to the sound of some random dude beating out her guts.

Originally Posted by Golden Oozaru Gr8 Ape

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'd bet my ENTIRE savings that there will be an inevitable drunken hook-up somewhere down the line....homegirl pulled the ol' okey-doke on her mom in assuring her that she thinks of him nothing more than a brother
laugh.gif

It could be real interesting but I would definitely lay down a NO SMASHING POLICY when we're both in the room. I'm not waking up at night to the sound of some random dude beating out her guts.

Let's say they really are friends like that, what happens when one of them comes home with a partner that they want to fornicate?

Yeah like everyone else said, it would be cool at first if she lets you smash a few times but what if she wants to get into somn more serious?..if u try toignore her you can't get away bc she does live with u...plus if she wants to be with you and you dont wanna be with her back, she'd c-block on everygirl u bought over..way too risky

Wait, what's the big deal? I know people co-ed dorming, although they might be doing it without telling the school, not sure. And I definitely know peoplewho have their own apartment off campus that have co-ed roommates. It's not that unusual.

Originally Posted by sole leisure

Wait, what's the big deal? I know people co-ed dorming, although they might be doing it without telling the school, not sure. And I definitely know people who have their own apartment off campus that have co-ed roommates. It's not that unusual.

it may not be unusual but its def. not the standard for most schools...at most you get co-ed floors...

i can't think of a single guy i would want to live with...as close as i am to some of them i wouldn't want to live with them...in an apt. maybe but adorm where we have to share a room...no thanks...

i wouldn't want to do that

a) i'm a !$#@#+% slob
b) it might make bringing other girls back awkwards
c) no way in hell am i gonna let some random dude come into my room to beat up my roomie's guts

Back
Top Bottom