Coded Language 101: "free lunch students" means?...

why anyone would be surprised by people acting like this in the U.S., tolerance isn't something practiced by many. These people are everywhere you just have to take notice.:rolleyes

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't see how yall don't see what Truth is saying.

People with money are not trying to send their kids to school with poorer families. What is hard to understand about that?

If YOU were one of those parents with $$$, I am pretty sure you would be VERY selective as to where your kids would be spending 8 hours out of the day.

But continue making that idea out to be foreign if you want.

NO. What you're advocating is segregation. "I dont want my kids going to school with poor kids" What does the wealth of a kid have to do with my child receiving a good education?

NO. What you're advocating is segregation. "I dont want my kids going to school with poor kids" What does the wealth of a kid have to do with my child receiving a good education?
It is what it is dude. People segregate. Get over it.

Honestly, I don't see how yall don't see what Truth is saying.

People with money are not trying to send their kids to school with poorer families. What is hard to understand about that?

If YOU were one of those parents with $$$, I am pretty sure you would be VERY selective as to where your kids would be spending 8 hours out of the day.

But continue making that idea out to be foreign if you want.
C'mon son...would you rather have your kids at the school from Kindergarden Cop or in class with Bebe's kids?  Its a fact the poorer the school the lower the test scores and graduation rates.  Thats less money that school gets for programs and things.  The poorer the school the more "real life" problems effect the students. Why subject your child to that if you don't have to?

There's schools out there where they don't have enough books.  Whats that documentary about the lottery for charter schools in NYC or DC?  That explains alot. 

This has more to say about the parents (from whatever race) than it does about the kids. Kids are more likely than not going to be a reflection of what their parents are. When you have some parents caring more about themselves instead of their child's future then there is going to be a problem. I send my three year old daughter to a Montessori preschool where I know each and every parent is as invested in their child's education/future as I am (I'm lucky enough to have help paying for it). At the same time, I understand not everyone can spend money on their child to go to schools like that.

Some parents NEED to work all the time to put food on their tables and can't be there to help their kids at all times (these kids seem to be not only wise beyond their years, but understand and embrace education), I understand that. But there are those (I have a few in my family) who choose to do nothing. It's as if they see the child as an adult when they're 6. They invest none of their free time towards them (more towards their own fun and happiness) and expect the child to excel without any type of structure.

BUT, to say ALL the kids' who's parent's fall into the "free lunch" category are reckless and irresponsible is highly judgmental on the parents who are signing this petitions' part. Who knows? maybe those kids that come from underprivileged backgrounds have more of a drive and work ethic to teach their kids a thing or two about how important education actually is.

Sorry for the rant.

Back
Top Bottom