College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

I mean, other people see more in him to rank him so highly...

I just don't see it. Personal opinion.

really though, it's not hard to read between the lines in the scouting reports on him..

"An extremely skilled face up four man, Kelly does his best work in the high post area. Defenders have to respect his ability to knock down three whileKelly also has the ability to beat defenders off the bounce with his pull up jumper in the midrange being his most dangerous weapon. He is also an adept passerand can score in the low post. Defensively Kelly moves his feet well, but he does need to add strength to become a better low post defender and rebounder." - 10/1/2008
It'd seem his upside is limited. Anyone who watched him play this summer and didn't focus on the stat lines and blurbs from the website can see hisrise in the rankings was a by-product of Wall

...all that said tho...he can play in the ACC and be productive. Not just as productive as a likely McD AA should be. And obviously, if it'sDuke...doesn't really fill their need.

Hopefully Kelly does not choose UNC. If he comes we do not have a scholly to offer Roscoe or Barnes, both are athletic players that we have sorely beenlacking.

Sucks for Ginyard, but then again it could be a blessing in disguise. He is an established senior who knows his role on the team and what Roy expects out ofhim. This gives Wild Bill Graves a chance to step up and get some valuable PT and experience early in the season, which could pay dividends in the long run.

College Basketball can't get here soon enough....

Although I will give a big
pimp.gif
to the UNC football so far this season.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He can't. Laterally is just too slow, and inside he's too weak.

Honestly, the best place for him to me, is ND. Brey lets his big men out on the perimiter and shoot and doesn't care if they play D or not.

I don't think he's a productive starter anywhere until his JR year.

He fills out a little...A good case scenario would be something like Rob Kurz...nice player...but that wouldn't live up to the hype.

Can't blame him for receiving the praise he's got tho

ba13549a4341767c88b65b14a82aa8ba265171d.gif

If he comes we do not have a scholly to offer Roscoe or Barnes
hmmmm
nerd.gif

Go to Chapel Hill!

CHURCH. As far as Scoe` or Barnes goes... I haven't seen/read any scouting reports on Barnes so I'm not sure
nerd.gif

Ryan Kelly, a 6-foot-10 forward from Raleigh (NC) Ravenscroft School, will announce his intention to play for Duke University tonight at 6:30p.m. on ESPNU's Recruiting Insider, according to sources.
Kelly selected Duke over Notre Dame, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and Georgetown.

Ravenscroft head coach Kevin Billerman said he did not know which school Kelly was going to choose.
"I don't know," hesaid Thursday afternoon. "He is with his parents on their way to Charlotte (to an ESPNU studio)."

ChampagnePOP.jpg

yall wana make a switch over to 'The College Basketball Post' Vol 2, soon?
nerd.gif

Yeah, Vol. 2 is necessary.

Kentucky's Midnight Madness is tomorrow so I guess that's the official kick off to the season.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah allen, go ahead and make that post.

props to everyone who stayed in here and posted updates and all that....great thread.
pimp.gif

any other schools, having madness tomorrow? or just us?

Final 4 and Title aren't the same thing.

And that team isn't winning a title with that frontline.

If they don't have to leave the state (again) in the tournament...final 4 is not out of reach.
allen... assuming you're talking about UCLA, they did have to "travel" to Phoenix for the West Regional last year... though theflight is like 1 1/2 hours at most...

but looking at the 2009 sites, if UCLA is placed out west, the 1st & 2nd round is in Portland (Rose Garden) and the regional is in Phoenix again (Univ. ofPhoenix Stadium)... so no tourney games in state this year...

but you hear about Roy though?... ejected in his first NBA game...
laugh.gif
..though that elbow was not by any means intentional...

and supposedly there's some cards he signed as "Franchise #55"....
eek.gif

115f_1.jpg

Ryan Kelly, a 6-foot-10 forward from Raleigh (NC) Ravenscroft School, will announce his intention to play for Duke University tonight at 6:30 p.m. on ESPNU's Recruiting Insider, according to sources.
Kelly selected Duke over Notre Dame, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and Georgetown.

Ravenscroft head coach Kevin Billerman said he did not know which school Kelly was going to choose.
"I don't know," he said Thursday afternoon. "He is with his parents on their way to Charlotte (to an ESPNU studio)."

ChampagnePOP.jpg

yall wana make a switch over to 'The College Basketball Post' Vol 2, soon?
nerd.gif

57b25e542d74580b57ca4ac5b63fe8287684142.gif

91815142748856aa90834c29dcd86b3b9b4cbf5.gif
c3b15c4f77815aab8453d8e7d16bfb49da4b4ec.gif

6d425a64847cd89658aac26cd344c50e77a9d33.gif

cd735c394a9573bd8961590ea3ec4f7bfb8d039.gif

Syracuse University will stage its Midnight Madness event for the men's and women's basketball teams on Friday, Oct. 24, at Manley Field House.

May have to head up

Don't want to miss something like this
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Cake, I'ma call the kid a stiff....but some people think differently. We'll see. ND really wanted the kid.

and supposedly there's some cards he signed as "Franchise #55"....
eek.gif

my guy
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

allen... assuming you're talking about UCLA, they did have to "travel" to Phoenix for the West Regional last year... though the flight is like 1 1/2 hours at most...
Right. I just had that A&M game stuck in my head.

I can star that post up tomorrow...Kentucky has their's, Illinois too and some other smaller schools

Wait till he plays the other side of the ball...maybe stiff is the wrong word.

And I guess I wouldnt' call Shav a stiff.....rather just weak and just not all that good. That's what I see with Kelly.

Slow, weak, can shoot a little, decent passer. No D.

Wait till he plays the other side of the ball
laugh.gif
yea i know ..he is gonna need to add some pounds to hisframe. i dunno what his range is like but hopefully he can develop a dunleavy type game.(offensively)

Hold up, I think Allen tryin' to run the okie doke on us. Kelly got a lil sugar and spice to his offense. I saw some handle, some range, and awillingness to take dudes on off the dribble. Like I said before, I'll take Dunleavy 2.0 any day. The D will come with time and discipline (not tomention if he wanna get some significant minutes).

Back
Top Bottom