College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

if it wasn't for kansas' success eddie's kid will still be there
It has nothing to do with the Jayhawks' success. Sean was terrible in his two years at the reigns... That team has more talent than to finish.500 and middle of the pack in the BigXii...
on a sidenote did self take the offer for certain? because i heard this morning he wanted to stay in kansas and wanted security
It was interesting that he never really put his foot down on any of the OSU rumors. All he said was he wanted to talk to the Kansas Admin in thenext couple of days and see where that went...

I think if Kansas gives him the security he wants, he'll stay in Lawrence... But good lord when you've got 4.4+ mil per year, and a 17 million dollarsigning bonus being thrown around from your alma mater and the chance to move back home, you'd be absolutely insane not to take it...

this is random but im thinking of the possible unc lineup next year if everyone returns:

PG- lawson, larry drew, frasor
SG- ellington, ginyard
SF- green, graves
PF- thompson, ed davis, stepheson
C- hansbrough, tyler zeller

possible 12 deep....yezzur

Question for you UofA fans...

Have y'all seen a schedule for next year yet? I read somewhere that y'all will be playing Texas A&M again, but in College Station this time. Iwould really love for Budinger and Bayless to leave if that's the case...but can any of y'all confirm this? I've looked on aggieathletics.com, butcouldn't find any future basketball schedules.

Louisville No. 1 in basketball TV ratings

For the ninth year in a row, Louisville ranked as the No. 1 city for March Madness as Louisville had the highest average television rating and share for the run of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

In the 56 top markets where Nielson produces overnight ratings statistics, WLKY-TV averaged a 21.6 rating and 36 share.

Second was Memphis with a 16.9 rating and 26 share.

Markets * Rating/Share
1. Louisville 21.0/36
2. Memphis 16.9/26
3. Charlotte 13.4/24
4. Indianapolis 13.0/24
5. Kansas City 12.1/22
6. Cincinnati 11.9/24
7. Columbus, Ohio 11.7/22
7. Greensboro, N.C 11.7/21
7. Nashville 11.7/20
10. Raleigh-Durham 11.4/20

didn't realize it was 9 straight years...can't say people here don't love college ball.

eek.gif
Trent Johnson to LSU

I don't get that one at all.

Does he any South/LSU ties??.....always been a West coast guy, former assistant there, woulda thought he'd be at Stanford for as long as possible

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Does he any South/LSU ties??.....always been a West coast guy, former assistant there, woulda thought he'd be at Stanford for as long as possible

No doubt, I thought he did a good job with Stanford. I did not see this coming at all.

even with losing the lopez twins the move makes no sense what so ever. he is a west coast guy

did Mike Montgomery "OFFICAL" get hired by cal yet?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He's never been east of Idaho.
laugh.gif
This makes no sense for LSU.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

even with losing the lopez twins the move makes no sense what so ever. he is a west coast guy

did Mike Montgomery "OFFICAL" get hired by cal yet?

Think he signed a 6 year deal with them already.

I'd like to know what the deal is with Anthony Grant....he must really be patient in what kinda job he wants.

Or maybe he wasn't their #1 after all

all i hope is J'mison Morgan still wants out
laugh.gif
ucla and stanfordwas after 2 other bigmen in this class so maybe this will help

i could be wrong but i think anthony grant is waiting on an acc/ big east job.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

^ i was just about to post that.

seems like mississippi state has had an unusual amount of transfers in the offseason the past couple of years. last year we lost 4 players, including the delk twins. this year, ben hansbrough announces a transfer out of the blue. he was a sophomore starter getting plenty of playing time. i saw an article where he mentioned "not fitting in" and wishing we had better practice facilities.... c'mon now. i don't believe that for a second. makes me wonder if something else is going on, possibly with coach stansbury. he's a good recruiter, but us fans are ready for the next level.
it might be the realization of having to live in starkville for 4 years.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

According to the LA Times Love and Collison are both leaving and will sign with agents.
UCLA fans, if Collison, Love, & Westbrook go to the NBA, do you think they will be ok with this lineup?

G - Holiday/ Anderson
G - Lee/Roll/ Dragovic ?
F - Shipp/ Stanback
F - Mbah A Moute/ Gordon
C - Aboya/ Keefe

Jrue Holiday is one of the best guards I've seen in a while, and their backcourt even without Collison & Westbrook look to be really good, this is agreat incoming freshman class, but their frontcourt is thin and they're gonna be really young. Hopefully they can make another final four run next year.

Ebanks has set up 4 visits...

Rutgers, Memphis, WVU and Texas.

Seems like Fred Hill may have learned a thing or two about how to get recruits from Calhoun...if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by Bboy Rewynd

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

According to the LA Times Love and Collison are both leaving and will sign with agents.
UCLA fans, if Collison, Love, & Westbrook go to the NBA, do you think they will be ok with this lineup?

G - Holiday/ Anderson
G - Lee/Roll/ Dragovic ?
F - Shipp/ Stanback
F - Mbah A Moute/ Gordon
C - Aboya/ Keefe

Jrue Holiday is one of the best guards I've seen in a while, and their backcourt even without Collison & Westbrook look to be really good, this is a great incoming freshman class, but their frontcourt is thin and they're gonna be really young. Hopefully they can make another final four run next year.
are back court is going to be fine its the front court depth that is goig to hurt BAD. inless keefe finds his offense game this summer we cant socring!+!% up front. Dragovic is not a guard he is a PF but should be playing SF since he only shoots outside

Back
Top Bottom