College Offical GAME SHORTS post... all the Game short collectors PLEASE POST AND LOOK!!!

actually I was looking at the pair I had on as I was typing..hahahahahaha..but what did I say that was incorrect before???

BORING. haha. I cant entertain you all the time. Next time i wont post. Its not big deal. haha

nice Pitts...navy and gold always look nice

and congrats on the #1 ranking
happy.gif

Yep...LOL! I was expecting something besides PITT.. Ive always thought that except for a few exceptions, that Adidas' uniforms designs were pretty bad, nooffense.
Of course, I wouldn't turn those PITT shorts down, they are very nice.

yea I feel what your saying. To be honest they are poorly designed but im partial to PITT of course. haha. Got 1 or more pairs coming soon I hope...

i like them old jordan St Johns unis when Jarvis was there and zendon hamilton and erick barkley and bootsy thornton and co.
The Zags colorways are always nice.

Did I see someone have the game-worn UNC homes from the 04' turn back the clock game? (early 80's era)

This is the closest thread I could show you guys these. I'm pretty sure they're David Vaughn's size 42s (The # 42 is sharpied on the AuthenticMagic tag). I also have Iverson era home G-Town shorts, but they're not game worn. Peace.

Damn, how'd I miss this post. I used to collect college shorts heavy a few years ago. I gotta look for mine, but this is motivating me to get back onthat. I'll get pics up once I locate them, but some of my
joints are:

Iverson Era Hoyas Kente Home / Away
Victor Page Era White G-Town
Bearcats Black / White JB short (the one that all the cat scratch shorts were based off) with warmup jacket
Cleeves Era Michigan State Away
UNC Home / Away circa 97 - 98?
Duke Home fresh with tags '98-'99? My away ones got stolen in high school.
UCONN Home '97-98?
Michigan '97-'98?

Cuse, Kansas, and Arizona always eluded me. Anyone remember that shop "Going to the Game"? They use to carry authentics right in the shop, but momwasnt trying to buy me a pair of $100 shorts as a kid.
I wore all my shorts until I blew out my knee freshman year of college. From there, I just collected them and coincidentally, I started collecting sneakersshortly after that.

<>

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

i like them old jordan St Johns unis when Jarvis was there and zendon hamilton and erick barkley and bootsy thornton and co.
The Zags colorways are always nice.

Those Zags shorts are nice. Those are tough to find. Are they from the Dickau/Violette/Stepp era? My fav Zags shorts are the red ones from approx 02-03. Ihad a pair of the replicas but I have never seen the authentics anywhere.

I feel the same way about Adidas' design & quality compared to Nike... It seems that some schools have the exact same design, just different logo &colorways. Very disappointing.

Nike is like that as well. We are all partial to Nike but bball Genius you gotta admist I have some older adidas and the quality is better than any Nikes Ihave seen... Newer Adidas are not so much... also depends on design...

Originally Posted by demondeac2010

pretty sure memphis is wearing nike this year
^Yeah they are.

Demon Deac, what kind gear you guys get this year?

Any nice kicks or team shoes your ballin in at the moment?

You are Right Abunike, nike does the same as I tho about the 04' Alabama & Stanford uniforms. The shorts were same design with diff logos. But I thinkthe materials were also different whereas Bamas were shinny one layer polyester and Stanford ones were made of dri fit double layer.

Both Nike & adidas recycle the same shorts designs. The way Nike does it is that they put their top tier schools in new designs. After they have worn themfor a few seasons & get a new design, they filter that design down to "lesser" schools. The design that Xavier is wearing currently & has forthe past 2 seasons, Michigan State wore & debuted 5-6 years ago or so (3 shorts designs ago for them). The design that UNLV & Davidson are wearingcurrently was originally designed for Kansas (when they were with Nike) 5-6 years ago. Often, when the designs filter down to "lesser" schools, thequality is lesser as well (no inner Dri Fit liner, thinner material, no team logo on the shorts, etc). Of course the Nike/Jordan flagship schools (Duke, UNC,Georgetown, etc) kind of do their own thing. The SOD designs are somewhat new, so I have not sseen any of these "trickle down" to any tier 2 schoolsas of yet. adidas also recycles designs, but seems to keep them more current. When a top tier school changes shorts designs, you usually don't see itfilter down to a tier 2 school. It just seems to fade away not to be worn by any other schools. Whether you are a fan of Nike or adidas, they all do the samething. Creating new designs costs money. Recycling designs saves money. Bottom line. Just my 2 cents & observations.

The 90s North Carolina short/jersey design has to be one of the best in the history of basketball was just beautiful Im still upset to this day that theyswitched.

I know the current design has basics from it but everything about those 90s unis were great the striped waist band with the tar heel logo in the centersquare,the way the outa short was framed was spot on.

I would love to see this design come back since the bottom of the shorts lost the thick framed line they havent looked right bring it back Nike it would lookfine on the SOD unis to.

The Iverson era Georgetown unis were spot on to I love that square pattern design they used that today is almost so faint its not noticeable the previous unisto now that they switched from last season were nice but the current ones are just to plane.Just haveing that patern down the side of the jersey and shorts ina 2-3 inch thick strip would be beautiful with the rest of the uni blue or grey do it Nike.

Arizonas SOD unis are ok but I was sad when they switched 2 seasons ago the Bibby,Simon,Terry era unis were on point.

Syracuse unis are again ok SOD but the late 90s Etan Thomas,Jason Heart era unis were fire with the thick white stripe with the S basketball logo like myavatar I know they wore these when Melo was there to but I think changes had been made and they wernt as nice.

Lasty im not a huge Duke fan but why did they change the colour blue on there unis the Hill,Hurley,Langdon,Brand teams all wore the OG Duke blue/white unis nowthey have those trash weird blue/black/white joints that just dont look right they will never look right the third uni black/blue/white unis are fire but theyneed to bring back the og blue/white joints.

One other noticable nice retro uni is the Tim Thomas Villanova uni with tha huge V on the side I liked those saying that there SOD is probably one of mypersonal favs home and away that uniform is beautiful.

Peace
Scottie

PS Nikes Shooting shirts/Warm ups have fallen off bigtime since the early/mid 90s to now everyteam has the same basic design with there school colourways idlove to bring back the 90s warm up tops that Iverson,Sheed n stack,Carter n Jamison,Brand n Langdon,Fab Five all rocked when they were at school Nike was doinit big and fresh back then.

Originally Posted by dukeunc

Both Nike & adidas recycle the same shorts designs. The way Nike does it is that they put their top tier schools in new designs. After they have worn them for a few seasons & get a new design, they filter that design down to "lesser" schools. The design that Xavier is wearing currently & has for the past 2 seasons, Michigan State wore & debuted 5-6 years ago or so (3 shorts designs ago for them). The design that UNLV & Davidson are wearing currently was originally designed for Kansas (when they were with Nike) 5-6 years ago. Often, when the designs filter down to "lesser" schools, the quality is lesser as well (no inner Dri Fit liner, thinner material, no team logo on the shorts, etc). Of course the Nike/Jordan flagship schools (Duke, UNC, Georgetown, etc) kind of do their own thing. The SOD designs are somewhat new, so I have not sseen any of these "trickle down" to any tier 2 schools as of yet. adidas also recycles designs, but seems to keep them more current. When a top tier school changes shorts designs, you usually don't see it filter down to a tier 2 school. It just seems to fade away not to be worn by any other schools. Whether you are a fan of Nike or adidas, they all do the same thing. Creating new designs costs money. Recycling designs saves money. Bottom line. Just my 2 cents & observations.

interesting

Back
Top Bottom