College Students: How do you cope with all the BS and stress ?

closely approaching my second semester of sophomore year and man.. #*$% is so hard right about now.
girl problems, academic problems, horrible living situations in the dorms, money problems, life is a struggle right about now just trying to grind with my eyeswide
finding a way through another day.

i remember being happy this time of year especially with all the holidays coming up, but life is SO different then what it was 1-2 years ago...
how do you cope with it ? and please don't reply with
pimp.gif
because"
pimp.gif
" causes even more problems.

don't let the little things get to you, take it one day at a time. don't stress about that midterm you got 3 weeks from now, focus on finishing thatchapter of reading that will help you prepare for it instead. girls come with too much issues my man, that's why i don't bother.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

marijuana is a hell of a drug my friend
i can't smoke during crunch time. it makes me say "!+!* it", and i don't need that...

smashing buns is a good stress reliever tho...

I'm only a freshmen just barely getting through my first quarter at UC Davis. I understand how you're feeling though, just maintain sight of yourpriorities and take one thing at a time. Well, maybe I don't understand what you're going through to a full extent I am only a freshmen I haven'tbeen through anything yet. But like guy said earlier don't sweat yourself off the smaller things. Everything will fall into place, I hope atleast.
eyes.gif

Get a lil tipsy on the weekends and play mad beer pong, then try to find some strange. That always works for me
happy.gif

Distance yourself from your girlfriend. School should be your primary focus.

Make cut backs if money's tight. Jeezy said it best, "It's a recession, everybody broke".

Kinda space yourself from the family. Don't make yourself a stranger, but let them know school is where your head needs to be.

I find it's pretty easy to deal with college life when balancing it like that.

I get pretty frustrated sometimes. You just have to stay level-headed; don't let your highs get too high or your lows get too low. Remember that thingswill get better when you're having a tough time, so work hard to make sure they do.

Originally Posted by xcrskim

closely approaching my second semester of sophomore year and man.. #*$% is so hard right about now.
girl problems, academic problems, horrible living situations in the dorms, money problems, life is a struggle right about now just trying to grind with my eyes wide
finding a way through another day.

i remember being happy this time of year especially with all the holidays coming up, but life is SO different then what it was 1-2 years ago...
how do you cope with it ? and please don't reply with
pimp.gif
because "
pimp.gif
" causes even more problems.
Cut everyone and everything that is not important off from you until you are at a good position to where you can handle everything. School shouldbe the only thing that is important to you right now. Stop spending money and get an on campus job.

when i get stressed out i sometimes work out, play ball or just jog around, go home then take a cold shower. also making a schedule of things you have to doand FOLLOWING it can help out a lot too.

I feel ya. Just been hitting a rough patch. Just not enjoyin the college lifestyle. Feelin like i need a break. But with holidays coming up hopefully that willchange the "blah" mood i have right now. I just need to keep remembering that we are blessed to have this oppurtunity and need ot take fulladvantage. Some days are better then others, but before you know it the day is over and time for a brand new day, a brand new outlook, and a brand new chance.

Keep in touch w/ your fam and friends. Organize your schedule better so you dont feel so overwhelmed all at once. You can take things one at a time. Girlsshouldnt be causing you problems, if they are, get rid of em.

I set goals for myself; work hard until friday, or thanksgiving in two weeks getta go home and friends, or just a good NBA game on later that night.

each year is way different. its like a different chapter. if you don't like the dorms and the girl you hanging out with and you doing bad in class you cankill 3 birds with one of two stones. either spend more time at the library/study groups and/or join some student organizations. it'll get you outta thedorms and meeting new people, maybe you'll meet a girl who's rich and needs a roommate.

I had full scholarships but severely lacked direction and motivation. I was doing okay in classes but not great. I joined a club, ended up changing my majorgetting super organized and got almost straight-A's the rest of the way.

i wish i could give you some advice,i am in the same postion as you and it sucks,ive been super stressed out. i just feel like running away from everything buti know that will not help.just try to take it now and when ur done with college u will be on your way to a good life hopefully.im trying to become a dentistand its killing me,but those stacks ill b seein is what is keepin me going,stay up bro

I don't smoke...I have smoked like 10 times or so in my entire life and all those times were in college...and I never enjoyed it and it did nothing forme...Personally, I like to exercise to relieve stress, whether that be to go for a nice run outside, or go play ball or lift weights at our gym on campus...itnot only clears your mind, but makes you feel good...other than that, I take breaks from studying to play Xbox online, which usually makes me more stressed(Halo and Call of Duty can be stressful...lol)

Other than that...just talk to your family often and keep good people around you at school...I'd be nothing without my friends here...they keep me sane andif I couldn't party and hang with them on the weekends, I'd probably go crazy...keep your head up

Back
Top Bottom