College Students Where Do you Buy Your Textbook from?

The price for a college textbook are ridiculously high. I personally just rent my textbook, so i can save as much as i can. But my friend just gave me a goodsite where you can get some cheap textbooks, with a promo code
pimp.gif
. Thoughti share it.

Valorebook
Promo code: lower123

Chegg.com

I used them last semester & was very pleased with their service. Shipping was fast. Prices were much cheaper than the college bookstores.

Never heard of it.

I use half.com, amazon, chegg.com and that normally takes care of my textbook needs.

^^^Don't try Amazon if u need the book fast. It took me a whole week and a half to get a textbook I needed. But I think any place shipping via media mailneeds to dead that. U payin the same price as priority shipping but gettin it 4+ days later

Originally Posted by maddog345

Chegg.com. I used them last semester & was very pleased with their service. Shipping was fast. Prices were much cheaper than the college bookstores.
pimp.gif

Been using that for a year now, and it hasn't fail me yet. But you gotta keep the book in good condition and you can't highlight anything. That'swhy im planning on buying the books for my harder courses.

Chegg.com

I used them last semester & was very pleased with their service. Shipping was fast. Prices were much cheaper than the college bookstores.
Ordered from them last night. My books will be here the 22nd
pimp.gif

ive actually just started renting
pimp.gif

i know there's chegg but i just got put onto bookrenter.com which isconsiderably less than chegg when it comes to some books

and the best site to compare prices is, www.booksprice.com

hopefully this will help a few of you guys out, it sure as hell helped me

Chegg.com

Same here.

the university of arizona makes us buy custom editions of the books so i have no choice but to buy from bookstore or craigslist

Usually buy from Amazon, and the "custom" crap from my school bookstore.Just spent 225 on two books and I know thats not even that bad compared towhat itll be like in the future
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Usually buy from Amazon, and the "custom" crap from my school bookstore.Just spent 225 on two books and I know thats not even that bad compared to what itll be like in the future
sick.gif

You my as well just buy from your school's bookstore if your using amazon. They rarely have a good deal.

Originally Posted by ManoftheWest

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Usually buy from Amazon, and the "custom" crap from my school bookstore.Just spent 225 on two books and I know thats not even that bad compared to what itll be like in the future
sick.gif

You my as well just buy from your school's bookstore if your using amazon. They rarely have a good deal.
Saved about 30 bucks on my Calc book and like 80 bucks on my Chemistry book. My school is a ripoff, so Amazon + Prime shipping is good money.

+ no tax =
pimp.gif

I use to get my books on half.com. Sometimes I would honestly get my books for TEN CENTS or less. I think the lowest I got a book for was like FOUR CENTS! ThenI would look them up on my schools bookstore site and they would be anywhere from $50-close to $200. But every time I would atleast get close to 75%off.

nice find on the chem book, but the calc book was still around 100ish
sick.gif
Some of the sites you guy posted are very helpful. 60% cheaper than what my school is trying to sell for.

Originally Posted by ManoftheWest

nice find on the chem book, but the calc book was still around 100ish
sick.gif
Some of the sites you guy posted are very helpful. 60% cheaper than what my school is trying to sell for.
Yeah but a lot of classes will use the same calc book - meaning calc 1 and 2 use the same book. Chegg had my book for 50 a semester and amazon hasit for 105 so I just ended up buying the book. Chegg seems great though.

Anyone know where I can sell books at? I looked on Chegg, but it looked very low compared to what I bought them at.
smh.gif
@ being a freshman and not knowing, thissemester, I was smarter and rented from Chegg.

Back
Top Bottom