college tution vol am i getting screwed?

So all of a sudden since march 12 my bill went from me having 200 left over of financial aid to me owing the school 364 and my grades being put on hold. I call student accounts and ask where did these charges come from and she just repeats that's the bill basically saying just because over and over without giving reason. I'm being charged inst. support fee's for both evening and day, as well as resident tuition for both evening and day. What exactly does this mean? Last semester I was only charged one of each, and this semester all my classes are morning classes, I have no day classes. School is being no type of help in explaining things, figured perhaps y'all could help me out to understand how my bill can just change randomly 

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor. That makes no sense.
It's only two lades at the student accounts office, and that's the only person I can speak to regarding my accounts. Lady is rude as hell, and doesn't even attempt to at least explain why the sudden charge so I can pay. My last damn semester too, I have never had a issue like this

If it's your last semester, I would bit the bullet and ride it out. Although this type of thing is usually worth fighting, if you're not going to get anywhere take the L and graduate. Once you're an alumni, you can put on their surveys that you're not going to give them any money because they screwed you over when you were there.

Yeah, probably what I'll end up having to do. Sucks though, I mean I even received book vouchers cause supposedly I had financial aid leftover, I now have to pay that too. Knowing damn well I wouldn't have bought books for 3 times the price at the bookstore if I was paying it back. Straight up crooks man 

This happened to me before. My student account was zero'd out then when I try to get me transcripts they hit me with a 536 dollar bill. They don't know where it came from is what they said. Didn't pay it and got it knocked back down to 0 because it couldn't be explained. I was gonna be pissed if they tried to make me pay that with no explanation of what it is

The funny thing is that they are charging me evening and day fees separately yet none of my classes reach 12pm. That's over a thousand dollars on the bill right there that makes absolutely no sense. 

I gotta get back in school
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

The funny thing is that they are charging me evening and day fees separately yet none of my classes reach 12pm. That's over a thousand dollars on the bill right there that makes absolutely no sense. 
If they're charging you for services not rendered, then that may be a legal issue.  Try to find an attorney to advise you, or change the title of the thread asking for legal assistance here since there are several attorneys on this board.  If it's only $1000, it could very well be a small claims issue if the school isn't willing to resolve it.

Back
Top Bottom