Cologne?

So while I was out for Black Friday yesterday, I stopped by the cologne department at Macy's. I just used the last of mine so I figured it was time fora change. I tried alot of stuff and the two that I really liked were Burberry Brit & Polo Explorer. I was going to get a bottle of each, but they werelike $67 and I wasn't trying to spend that. I got out my iPhone, scanned the barcodes, and sure enough, both colognes were much cheaper on amazon.com.

I was about to buy one of each for about $30 each but I had some questions. Here is the page for Burberry Brit:

Amazon product ASIN B0002ZD7US
Why are there so many options under "size?" I was going to get the bigger bottle, but I don't know what all the different sizes mean. Are3.4 oz, 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette, 3.4 oz EDT Spray, and 3.4 oz Tester all different things? Which one do I want?

The Polo Explorer one is similar, but with less options. I'm just confused about what all these different things mean. At Macy's they just had 2different sizes of each, so I don't know what's what.

And my last question (maybe this should be my first):

Can I trust amazon.com for buying cologne? It says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." and I usually trust amazon for everything.

Thanks for the help.

You can 99% trust amazon for everything, but it's not like they don't mess up.
They gave me the wrong socks as advertised, but let me keep them and they sent me the wrong pair again. They let me keep those too...

# Eau de Toilette (EdT): 5-15% (typical ~10%) aromatic compounds
# Eau de Cologne (EdC): Chypre citrus type perfumes with 3-8% (typical ~5%) aromatic compounds

Basically there the same thing, get the 3.4 Oz but not the tester.

Man you need to get on that new YSL

Anyway to answer your question:

• Perfume extract (Extrait): 15-40% (IFRA: typical 20%) aromatic compounds
  • Eau de Parfum (EdP), Parfum de Toilette (PdT): 10-20% (typical ~15%) aromatic compounds. Sometimes listed as "eau de perfume" or "millésime".
  • Eau de Toilette (EdT): 5-15% (typical ~10%) aromatic compounds
  • Eau de Cologne (EdC): Chypre citrus type perfumes with 3-8% (typical ~5%) aromatic compounds
  • Splash and After shave: 1-3% aromatic compounds
Tester bottles are the ones stores use for displays so they don't come with the elaborate packaging the others have, usually just a cardboard box.Same bottle, same smell, usually around $10 cheaper though

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Man you need to get on that new YSL
Word. I've been using YSL L'Homme, but La Nuit De L'Homme smells so bomb that I'm probably gonna cop.

Back
Top Bottom