colombian city transportation system >america vol. EPIC BIKE LANES

u know NT hates public transit...

i agree with what they did 1hunna percent and i like their bus system with the bus only lanes. Montgomery County, MD wants to do a similar initiative of creating bus only lanes down the major roads that lead to and from DC.

I take public transit to get to and from work everyday (50 miles round trip) and rarely had a problem. if im going to sit in traffic, which is unavoidable in my case, id much rather do it on the bus where i can sleep, read or listen to music, than be behind the wheel. only exception being my motorcycle, which is fun to drive, and not a chore, like driving a car. 

Last edited:
For cities this works great. NYC has something similar to those. We have designated bus lanes on most of the major streets below 59th street. Not sure how affective it is because i've never used one before, but i would assume having designated bus lanes would be pretty affective.

For cities this works great. NYC has something similar to those. We have designated bus lanes on most of the major streets below 59th street. Not sure how affective it is because i've never used one before, but i would assume having designated bus lanes would be pretty affective.

I don't really think the travel is as much of a problem then the sheer amount of people that try to jam in the bus. NY transportation is lacking in all areas

I'm surprised how Anglo everyone looks in that video. 37% of people biking is a pretty crazy number.

Most of America Public transportation system is old ...and the top head for each city transportation department are busy fatten there pocket and not improving the system

Last edited:
I was in Colombia this past summer...

da womenz :wow: :evil: :wink:

that is all.

on youtube called urbanized watched the whole thing this morning

urban planning policy is interesting.

I'm surprised how Anglo everyone looks in that video. 37% of people biking is a pretty crazy number.

I thought the same thing too, until i realized they had switched from Colombia to Denmark midway through the video.

Though I haven't watched the other videos in the series, I imagine that the broad focus of these videos is to provide a glimpse at the various ways different urban centers, from around the world, have tackled the issue of mass transportation. If that is indeed the case, then it makes sense why they would just switch from Colombia to Denmark with little warning to the viewer...:lol:.

OP should've probably also posted the other vids in the series.

Im a person that said I would never take public transportation, better yet even walk anywhere. Now that I live in Japan for a few months, I noticed trains, buses, bikes and walking are an every day thing for most. I love the train system here. Haven't been on a bus yet, but I'm not against it. And a bike will be for leisure or store runs.

Back
Top Bottom