Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

I think the jordans with the suit and tie don't look bad. Its different. I wish I could wear sneakers instead of exspensive dress shoes. Maybe we can pass a law some type of way showing how athletic sneakers or good vs business shoes. Let me wake up.

Copped two pairs (size 13) on drop day.  Got one online, and lucked into the other pair when the raffle winner failed to show by 2 pm.  At 2:01 they were mine.

They are CLEAN!  One pair to flash, one pair to stash.
glasses.gif

^^^ there are going to be more people in your situation as time passes. Cop now before a surge in price happens if it all. Or the market dries up. Wonderful shoe. I love mine!

Dudes always bugging off of minute details. Just rock your kicks and focus on the bigger picture.

my dude... we are all focused on the bigger picture... and the bigger picture is that since the CDP Bred IV's, JB knows that paint jobs are crucial, yet for some reason they can't get dye'd rubber like the Jordan 1's or OG Bred IV's. So they hike up the price, put a "REMASTERED" logo on it and they say that paid attention to the so called FINER details, such as the finger tips on the jordan logo. BUT they can't put a leather tongue on the French Blue 7 Remastered and put a neoprene tongue... then on the Columbia 4 the Tongue is still high, and the paint is chipping... so HOW did JB REMASTER this shoe????? They put Retro Laney 5 type leather on the shoe and hike up prices???? A Remastered would have had the same toe box, same tongue, and focused on the aesthetics of the shoe from deteriorating after a few wears... Remastered... hahahaha... might as well just call it "We didn't want the customers to be mad at our usual 5-10% price hike because it was reaching that magical number of $200 after tax, soooo we lightened the blow by calling it Remastered." So BALLER... you go spend that $200 and wear your shoes 4 times, only to have go get blue nail polish to keep them looking somewhat like the shoe you bought. And yes, I am mad cause I was hoping this wasn't going to happen, and now I'm not that geeked about the OREOS. Pisssssssed hahahahaha. Have a good day... move along...

These shoes are awesome but i really feel like Jordan Brand should stick to "Mastering" Original colorways. The Remastering should include original Nike branding & Original boxes. Whose with me?

These shoes are awesome but i really feel like Jordan Brand should stick to "Mastering" Original colorways. The Remastering should include original Nike branding & Original boxes. Whose with me?

I'm not with you. This color was due for a retro. These and the Oreos.

I agree about the keeping of original styled branding and boxes. When music or film is remastered, they don't rewrite the lyrics or script.

These shoes are awesome but i really feel like Jordan Brand should stick to "Mastering" Original colorways. The Remastering should include original Nike branding

I agree about the keeping of original styled branding and boxes. When music or film is remastered, they don't rewrite the lyrics or script.

Lol what? They use the original packaging when remastering a movie and they don't alter anything? Terrible comparison.

Lol what? They use the original packaging when remastering a movie and they don't alter anything? Terrible comparison.
You must have not quite understood my point.

I'm quite sure in my response, my analogy was based on the fact that the changing of song lyrics and scripting in movies is not altered when remastering.

I have pretty good experience in both areas, and would say in regard to the point I was trying to make, it was quite a good comparison, but then again, maybe not. Also, we should reiterate that I never mentioned the boxes or cases music and films are packaged in.

I was generalising to an extent, but y point was pretty obvious.

That being said, you must know a thing or two about remastering music and film that I don't.

You must have not quite understood my point.

I'm quite sure in my response, my analogy was based on the fact that the changing of song lyrics and scripting in movies is not altered when remastering.

I have pretty good experience in both areas, and would say in regard to the point I was trying to make, it was quite a good comparison, but then again, maybe not. Also, we should reiterate that I never mentioned the boxes or cases music and films are packaged in.

I was generalising to an extent, but y point was pretty obvious.

That being said, you must know a thing or two about remastering music and film that I don't.

you don't need good experience or any experience to be able to speak on remastering. remastering is supposed to improve upon the targeted item.
i spoke of the packaging because the person you quoted spoke on it and you cosigned mentioning how the lyrics or content isn't changed BUT you omitted the common items like packaging in your comparison. Something the person you quoted mentioned specifically.

i guess i thought you were comparing apples to apples but you were just adding to the statement....

i guess i thought you were comparing apples to apples but you were just adding to the statement....

And that final statement from you is the nail hit on the head. It's all down to opinion, and the beauty with opinion is just that. It's just an opinion.

For the guys who are crying because these cost too much Blame yourself and resellers. Once we let Jordan brand know we would spend 250+ for a shoe they were giving us for 150 why not raise prices since ppl will pay it. But I will say If they raise the price and raise Quality I dont understand how anyone can complain, especially if dudes have been saying for years "Ill pay more for premium quality because quality sucks". Look at the DB  and the Bin series ppl paid those prices and justified it with the Quality factor. Hell look at the the 88s, we got white cement 3s early that year which had better quality than any 3 that year or even until the recent fire reds quality wise then all they do is give us the same white cement 3s with a nike on the back with no real Quality changes with a higher price tag and dudes at it up and asked for seconds.  If they will give me the Quality Ive been hoping to get back since 07 I will gladly pay 206 retail. I dont mean quality in the sense of glue stains, precreasing,  and what not because OGs had plenty, but actual materials and feel. Once more I actually wish they would do specialty boxes like they did with 1s 3s 4s 5s 11s and 6s for every retro, to give more of an OG feel.

07 had good quality? :lol:

By the time 07 came around the quality had been bad.
Word to the thin *** nubuck on the 06 metallics.

And lets not forget the 4's from that year

Last edited:
On my end, I copped 2 pairs. I'm happy with the quality but not really with the sizing. I'm a sz 13 and when I took them out the box they looked like 13.5/14 huge. Not trying to rock clown shoes.

For the guys who are crying because these cost too much Blame yourself and resellers. Once we let Jordan brand know we would spend 250+ for a shoe they were giving us for 150 why not raise prices since ppl will pay it. But I will say If they raise the price and raise Quality I dont understand how anyone can complain, especially if dudes have been saying for years "Ill pay more for premium quality because quality sucks". Look at the DB  and the Bin series ppl paid those prices and justified it with the Quality factor. Hell look at the the 88s, we got white cement 3s early that year which had better quality than any 3 that year or even until the recent fire reds quality wise then all they do is give us the same white cement 3s with a nike on the back with no real Quality changes with a higher price tag and dudes at it up and asked for seconds.  If they will give me the Quality Ive been hoping to get back since 07 I will gladly pay 206 retail. I dont mean quality in the sense of glue stains, precreasing,  and what not because OGs had plenty, but actual materials and feel. Once more I actually wish they would do specialty boxes like they did with 1s 3s 4s 5s 11s and 6s for every retro, to give more of an OG feel.
You going to get banned if you say anything about WC3 88's! LOL! And you hit the nail on the head about OG quality. They were never A1 in terms of overall quality but the materials are what made the difference. Plus nobody inspected there shoes with microscopes. On top of that 95% of people wore there shoes out the store. And nobody was dumb enough to spend there money on these shoes and then bash them. I remember seeing Jordan's yellowing on the display stand if we're speaking quality. Those OG 12's got that creased broke in look as soon as you touched them. Most of them came out the box with that wrinkled appearance. I could go on and on but the fact of the matter is that most people wouldnt even have a point of reference to compare it with.

These 4's are nice and the materials are definately an upgrade. A bad brush stroke here, a glue stain there, and leather blemish. That's going happen with any mass produced product. 

07 had good quality?
laugh.gif

By the time 07 came around the quality had been bad.
Word to the thin *** nubuck on the 06 metallics.

And lets not forget the 4's from that year
you remember the 06 metallics right, cool now do you remember the 2011 metallics(2011 midsole was actually made with better paint/midsole, 07 actually had better nubuck than 2011 tho)... theres a huge diff quality wise. I ment the massive quality shift that happened once CDPs dropped. 99-07 retros are Balenciaga's quality compared to cdp(08)-2012 quality. We cant live in the past with quality but atleast demand something acceptable.

Last edited:
i remember hating CDP quality when they dropped, LIKE HATED CDPs in general. Now CDPs are  better made than alot of shoes we got in the last 5 years. Atleast we get shoes that are closer to the molds and materials because I rather an imitation of a classic than a shadow of one.

Back
Top Bottom