Columbia XI OG vs. Retro Question

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

I need a pair of Columbia XI's for the upcoming summer. I like OG's a little better but am I pushing it? I have had my fair share of shoes fall aparton me. Would I be better off just getting the retros? Are the re-releasing anytime soon again? Thanks!

xi's are pretty reliable for rocking, there's a lot of people still wearing og xi's. main concern is going to be yellowing obviously, but ogcolumbia soles have that blue tint that keeps them looking way fresher than the retro's. if the sole separates, you can always cement it up and no one willnotice. don't count on a re-release, they'll just kill it if they do.

I have been wishing in wells for this for like a couple years now. ^^^ Yes they will probably butcher the 5uck out oh them. Just like this up coming columbia9s were supposed to be getting.

Thanks. I'm on the hunt now for some OG Columbia's with box now
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

I'd imagine you'll be paying a LOT more for OG Columbia's these days in DS condition...but they're so much better than the retro, I stillcan't believe they screwed up the retro by not giving them the blue soles....
tired.gif

ive been looking for OG columbia's as well, the blue tint looks so much better than the clear that they put on the retro's, i'll be unDS mySJ's soon and they are in perfect condition, XI's are some of the more durable of jordans.

Go for the OGs. Retros just aren't the same, and even if they do Retro them with blue outsoles, the quality will fall short, and there's no guaranteethey'll get the tint right either.

Soles may still discolor though ... translucent blue outsoles can take on a greenish tint. So, clean them everytime you wear them.

seems near impossible to find og columbia xis in good condition with no yellowing patent leather. og is waaaay nicer than retro completely due to the sole.

These shoes are my holy grails, and if there was a term higher than holy then I would call them that as well. But you should just go with the retros.There's no point in ruining the soles of some og's. And most people don't this but only if you see them in person, the soles on the retros have aslight blue tint to them as well just not as deep as the og's.

XI's are good to wear, but most pairs are yellowed enough that they look like retroes with no blue tint so you should go for a cleaner and cheaper retropair

Go for the retro..Og's are too risky.. be careful though Ive seen some retros that are starting to fall apart

Jaddict23 wrote: Just like this up coming columbia 9s were supposed to be getting.

THE J COLLECTORs question ???

"What you talkin about willis" ? ?

I didnt hear nothing about colombia 9's ,, fill me in ?! ? !?......

OG XIs are wearable, just like Xs, XIIs they're sturdy...most pairs you'll find will be yellow. The patent looks beige on many pairs, and the sole isalmost never blue.

OG's FTW...who cares if the patent turns yellowish. Id still rock em if they were like that!

I'm fine with yellowing. OGs I like a little better because of the better quality and deeper blue sole tint. Question is will they hold up.

Yeah thats iffy, they will probably be pretty stiff, and likely have more severe creasing/cracking than a new pair.

I have the retros and they havent given me any probs at all. go with the retros if you wanna rock them if you wanna just stare at them then buy some og's

Back
Top Bottom