Comcast UNAPPRECIATION

I have had experience with both Comcast cable and internet. They both suck. We switched to AT&T U-verse and it is wonderful. We get Total Home DVR,RELIABLE internet, NFL network is included, can control the DVR via the internet, etc. In approx. 5 years with Comcast, I never once said, "I'm gladwe have Comcast." I've said that numerous times with U-verse and I've only had it for 6 months. Comcast, you suck. I hope the rise of fiberoptics forces you to improve your system.

Yeah my internet is trash with comcast
smh.gif
smh.gif

I had to hook up a chicks phone bill just to get a decent rate on my Comcast cable bill.

Inna'net and Full HD DVR setup for $115. Before I was paying $215
smh.gif
, gettin' worked with no vaseline FTL.

My-T.

I haven't really experienced any real problems with the internet via Comcast except my internet randomly cutting off but I think that is related to myrouter.

I have DirecPath and it has to be the worst cable/internet company ever. My internet and cable went out the Wednesday before
Thanksgiving for no apparent reason and they didnt come to fix it until last Thursday. When I called to see if we had
an outage in my area, the csr told me there wasnt an outage as if that was good news. Im like, "well my cable and internet
are out so obviously we have a problem." The apartment complex I live in is contracted with them so I cant switch unless
I move, this sucks.

my net is fine with comcast but they are like a cartel out here in the PNW so we don't really have much of a choice

my internet is excellent with comcast, very fast and very reliable, and we only pay 17.95 /month
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

my net is fine with comcast but they are like a cartel out here in the PNW so we don't really have much of a choice
More like a local monopoly. I think that's why Comcast sucks. Usually regions only have 1 cable company and thus Comcast basically said,"If we suck so much, switch to DSL and have slow speeds." But with Verizon FiOS, U-Verse and the phone companies getting into the higher speedinternet mix, Comcast better buck up or people are going to switch.

Also, I forgot to mention my area, which is probably important since Comcast is probably better/worse in some areas. I'm in Berkeley, CA.

comcast is the worst. HD is terrible, internet is flaky and cable reception is ALWAYS choppy

I can't complain about Comcast. My apartment had some crappy internet service called Pavlov Media. Let me say that they are the worst ineternet serviceprovider ever. Their connection is slower than 56k. I switched to Comcast because I couldn't take how slow it was. Comcast was a life saver. My internet isvery good with Comcast. The only problem I have with Comcast is the NBA League Pass. For some reason lately, it will blackout for like 2 days. It has happenedto me twice so far. Anyone else experience this problem?

I haven't really had any problems with Comcast internet, but the digital cable can be crappy at times.

Has anyone ever asked the question why do we have to pay for internet access in the first place?

Originally Posted by meshies

comcast is the worst. HD is terrible, internet is flaky and cable reception is ALWAYS choppy

When I moved I had Comcrap for 2 months before I switched to Directv and ATT DSL.

Im NEVER going back to them. Their service sucks right along with their pricing.

I dropped tv service and they told me my internet would be $60 plus modem rental plus tax for 6Mbps.
eek.gif

They need to step up their HD offerings and actually offer league pass with games in HD. Directv is KILLIN with the amount of HD games I get daily.

Originally Posted by OptimusADL

Originally Posted by meshies

When I moved I had Comcrap for 2 months before I switched to Directv and ATT DSL.

Im NEVER going back to them. Their service sucks right along with their pricing.

I dropped tv service and they told me my internet would be $60 plus modem rental plus tax for 6Mbps.
eek.gif

They need to step up their HD offerings and actually offer league pass with games in HD. Directv is KILLIN with the amount of HD games I get daily.

roll.gif

holy crap your gettin jipped lmfao haha

my internet is super fast, i download everything fast, pages load super fast, no problems as of yet, and ive been a customer for more than 3 years. i'dhave to say in my experience COMCAST >> VERIZON

I interned with Comcast for 2 summers. One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Good pay, friendly people, good job. A lot of people werecomplaining just like you guys, but I would sell them a package that ultimately saved them money and got them better deals. Just remember, you won't get adeal unless you ASK for one. My dad works for ATT so we have the whole package with them and I can say the internet works great but I HATE U-Verse. It alwaysfreezes, always pixelates, and the channel numbers are ridiculous. I'm used to ESPN on like a 32 or 33. This is on like 179 or some gross number. The otherday I was gonna lay down and watch some tv, U-Verse needs to "update" for an hour!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Definitely appreciated!
They have that power boost crap. If you download anything after the first couple of minutes it drops back down to DSL speed (6Mbps). Service isTRASH.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I interned with Comcast for 2 summers. One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Good pay, friendly people, good job. A lot of people were complaining just like you guys, but I would sell them a package that ultimately saved them money and got them better deals. Just remember, you won't get a deal unless you ASK for one. My dad works for ATT so we have the whole package with them and I can say the internet works great but I HATE U-Verse. It always freezes, always pixelates, and the channel numbers are ridiculous. I'm used to ESPN on like a 32 or 33. This is on like 179 or some gross number. The other day I was gonna lay down and watch some tv, U-Verse needs to "update" for an hour!
mad.gif
Deal?
laugh.gif

They offer a few HD channels no NBA TV HD. No league pass HD. They nickel and dime you on the bill.

Comcast has the WORSE TV guide EVER. Looks like something I created in my introductory GUI class.
sick.gif
Ads everywhere and it just looked bad and unprofessional.

The ONLY thing I miss is their on-demand content.

Deals. Seems hard to believe but it's true. A lot of times there would be promotions for $20/month 6mb internet for a year, there was an entire summerwhere I was able to give away 2 digital boxes, and 1 HD box per household FREE for a year, $5/month movie channels, $100 off HD tv's instantly (in retailstores) when you sign up for HD service...the list goes on. Packages aren't insanely priced either. $66/month for Digital cable/internet? $99/month tripleplay? $159/month for all movie channels, phone, and 8mb (at this time I wanna say it's close to 16 even without powerboost) internet? Granted there are aLOT of people working in the call centers that shouldn't be there, and techs with poor attitudes, but to base your opinions on a company as a whole becauseof a bad experience is ehh.

Comcast is the worst cable company on earth, and their prices are outragious!!!

I tried to switch to U-Verse but they dont offer it in my area FTL.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Deals. Seems hard to believe but it's true. A lot of times there would be promotions for $20/month 6mb internet for a year, there was an entire summer where I was able to give away 2 digital boxes, and 1 HD box per household FREE for a year, $5/month movie channels, $100 off HD tv's instantly (in retail stores) when you sign up for HD service...the list goes on. Packages aren't insanely priced either. $66/month for Digital cable/internet? $99/month triple play? $159/month for all movie channels, phone, and 8mb (at this time I wanna say it's close to 16 even without powerboost) internet? Granted there are a LOT of people working in the call centers that shouldn't be there, and techs with poor attitudes, but to base your opinions on a company as a whole because of a bad experience is ehh.
The deals are regional. Im in Atlanta and your only choice for service is Comcrap or Satellite.

Back
Top Bottom