Comcast's Xfinity Mobile

HellaSteph

formerly HuddlerSteph
Staff member
Hey everyone, I can't find a single thing about this mobile network online so I wanted to ask NT'ers if anyone on here has tried their service or is currently on it. Anyone using this mobile network yet?

Some things I know about it:

- You need to be an Xfinity customer to get in on the deal or face a $10/month per line fee
- Verizon network
- $12 per 1 GB of data use or $45/unlimited use, if you're not a Xfinity customer, it's $65/month for unlimited
- Leverages Xfinity hotspots to save you on data and over voice-over-IP (VoIP) calling - This is also known on other mobile networks as "Wi-Fi Calling"
- You cannot BYOD (not until later in 2017) with exclusion for global unlocked iPhones
- Mobile phones are full-price. There's no pre-payment, discount or general cuts in prices

I personally wouldn't go for it. I live in San Francisco and the Xfinity Wifi hotspots are very unreliable. I wouldn't rely on them for cellular service.

I'd gauge how reliable the Xfinity hotspots are in your city before considering Xfinity Mobile

I personally wouldn't go for it. I live in San Francisco and the Xfinity Wifi hotspots are very unreliable. I wouldn't rely on them for cellular service.

I'd gauge how reliable the Xfinity hotspots are in your city before considering Xfinity Mobile

I see. Makes sense. I'm out here in the East Bay, 45 miles outside of SF. I worked in SF for years up until last year and I agree with you: it has to be adequate coverage for where one primarily uses it. Thanks!

Oh, I know. Their customer service has some serious issues. I'm torn because the internet speeds I always get are way faster than AT&T U-Verse for my area. I would've loved fiber optics though.

I have xfinity mobile it's been good so far

Awesome. Thanks! I'm going to the Xfinity store tomorrow or this weekend to check out the promotion they have. It seems like they're giving $200 off any phone purchase when you join as a new account.

Awesome. Thanks! I'm going to the Xfinity store tomorrow or this weekend to check out the promotion they have. It seems like they're giving $200 off any phone purchase when you join as a new account.
I went with a galaxy s8+ and the service is better than when I had T-Mobile tbh. Their customer service does suck tho lol

I went with a galaxy s8+ and the service is better than when I had T-Mobile tbh. Their customer service does suck tho lol

I'm a Comcast Xfinity customer already so I know how bad their CS is. Some days, you just want to toss the phone to the wall speaking to their reps. Their service folks are nice but can't beat the pricing to be on the Verizon network. I am still deciding if I want the Note 8 or I may go with an iPhone (ugh). I have always been an Android fan but lately, I've been feeling like Samsung has short changed us. I have an S7 (not Edge) and I love this phone but I work a lot on iOS/iPhone for work. :emoji_cry:

You could get a work phone? Have best of both worlds

I wish. It's not something I can budget for right now because of how costly an additional phone is. Not to mention, I don't use it for work 100% of the time so I can't just simply write it off as an expense. Maybe when I save more, I can.

Is it month to month or contract? Not a bad deal at all to be on Verizon

No contracts, only month to month. That's why this offer from them is so appealing. As a current customer, the benefit of the savings alone is worth considering.

Wait I don't think that matters though.

From what I'm reading in OP, it looks like Comcast is venturing into the MVNO business. You'll basically be running on Verizon's network.

Most if not all MVNOs run the $45/month for unlimited (though they throttle). For example, Tracfone owns brands like Straight Talk (Walmart exclusive) and Net10 (which I currently use) and they use AT&T and T-Mobile towers.. They're all bring your own phone and are contractless. A lot of us in the Android thread are on month to month plans.

Last edited:
Okay so I'm on Xfinity Mobile now and I must say, I'm impressed. The signal is amazing, even in SF. The call quality is HD. I couldn't get decent call quality on AT&T even with a micro cell in the house!

So it's interesting, I found out it's $12/GB of pooled use. Meaning if all the lines on your account only use 2 GB of mobile data in total, your bill would be $24/month. It's not per line. The cost savings is huge!

In every sense, I'm pretty happy with the switch. They're offering $200 off any phone, including iPhones at the moment. It looks like the promo will end 9/13, the day after the Apple event to announce the new iPhones.

Finally made the switch. Pops booted me off the family plan finally but so far so good. Coming from Sprint this is a huge upgrade service/signal wise and with a $45 price tag I cant complain

This for real. I might consider switching. Only problem is that I might get rid of Comcast at some point lol...and then it just goes to $65 for unlimited and $10 per line fee? That’s not bad.

Any more reviews? Might be going back to Comcast for tv service and internet and honestly the mobile service is cheap as hell

But I don’t see much online

Back
Top Bottom