Coming to LA 8/20 - 8/31!! What's to do?!?

My SoCal NTers I need your help. I will be in LA (well actually Port Hueneme) for work. First off how close is PH to LA?? Are there decent beaches in that area? I'm planning to propose to my girl whil I'm out there, to take advantage of the opportunity out there. She loves the beach so that would be perfect.I'm also planning to go to a Dodgers game on the 25th. Any sneaker spots? Must see restaurants and attractions. Its my first time to LA so I'm pretty excited!Thanks guys!

If you're gonna be in Port Hueneme, you're well north of the LA area.

Beach wise, you're in a pretty good place. make your way to PCH. You're not far from Malibu and Zuma Beach.

Not too sure what sneaker spots are down that way. You can check out Salvation in Malibu. There's a Nike at the Camarillo Outlet among other premium outlet stores.

Spruzzo's in Malibu is a decent restaurant with a ocean view. You're paying more for the view than the food. Plus it's a lowkey spot where some actors/actresses frequent.

Hope this helps.

Sneaker spots go to RIF.LA in Little Tokyo, or Flight Club and other spots in Melrose.

Santa Monica is the closes beach, but I'd suggest Malibu beach more romantic spot.

Good Luck OP

Thanks guys for the responses so far.  Im really looking forward to the trip.  So, realistically, how far is the commute from Port Humene to LA?  Also, would it be best to fly into LAX or Burbank?

Thanks again.  If I have anymore questions, I will bounce them off of you guys.

Burbank's so much more low-key and a lot less fast-paced. And no body scanners if dem TSA folks lookin' @ you butt-nekkid ain't your thing.

my birthdays on the 25th , lets go out for a drnk.. im in la area.. lets get brew and hit holyywood :smokin if anyhting blaze it up also!!

So, realistically, how far is the commute from Port Humene to LA?
Depending on the time of day and I'm not too sure how the traffic is going into DTLA from that part, but you're probably looking in the area of about an hour(or so) drive. Again, could be more or less just depending on exactly where in LA you're headed to.

Burbank's so much more low-key and a lot less fast-paced. And no body scanners if dem TSA folks lookin' @ you butt-nekkid ain't your thing.

This.

Depending on the time of day and I'm not too sure how the traffic is going into DTLA from that part, but you're probably looking in the area of about an hour(or so) drive. Again, could be more or less just depending on exactly where in LA you're headed to.
This.

Preciate the insight! I definitely plan to head down to LA often while im out there....

my birthdays on the 25th , lets go out for a drnk.. im in la area.. lets get brew and hit holyywood :smokin if anyhting blaze it up also!!

Im down with that! Drinks and Hollywood sounds like a plan!

Well that days almost here , whats up ? youre down for that then ? Im down with that too , lets be real tho ! no awkwardness or anything fam ! just a good time ! 

When were drunk on hollywood , it'll crack for sure :pimp: 

see wassup when youre in la .

Last edited:
If you and your girl like the movie 500 Days of Summer, propose to her on the bench... OH SNAP.
Griffith Observatory has an aerial view of both LA and Hollywood nice place to Propose.
Or in Santa Monica on the Pier.

Have IN n out burger, Kogi Truck, Roscoes Tacos, the Original Thai BBQ, Korean BBQ AYCE
the diversity of food will be missed.
Check out Universal Studios since it's the closest Theme Park and cheaper than Disneyland.

You'll be there right on time for the Hueneme beach festival. I've never been, but I'm sure there's lots to do.

Probably would be more relaxing to stay in the Ventura area, rather than spend an hour or 2 in traffic heading to L.A.

Save your driving to LA for when you go to the Dodger game. Make a day of it, get your shopping done then head to the game.

Definitely propose to her at Malibu beach or Zuma when the sun sets.

Last edited:
Well that days almost here , whats up ? youre down for that then ? Im down with that too , lets be real tho ! no awkwardness or anything fam ! just a good time !

When were drunk on hollywood , it'll crack for sure :pimp:

see wassup when youre in la .

Bro im down for a wild'in out night like this. Lets PM and see wassup!

If you and your girl like the movie 500 Days of Summer, propose to her on the bench... OH SNAP.
Griffith Observatory has an aerial view of both LA and Hollywood nice place to Propose.
Or in Santa Monica on the Pier.
Have IN n out burger, Kogi Truck, Roscoes Tacos, the Original Thai BBQ, Korean BBQ AYCE
the diversity of food will be missed.
Check out Universal Studios since it's the closest Theme Park and cheaper than Disneyland.

Thanks for the diverse selection of food. Will definitely be into trying all of that! All of it sounds amazing.

You'll be there right on time for the Hueneme beach festival. I've never been, but I'm sure there's lots to do.
Probably would be more relaxing to stay in the Ventura area, rather than spend an hour or 2 in traffic heading to L.A.
Save your driving to LA for when you go to the Dodger game. Make a day of it, get your shopping done then head to the game.
Definitely propose to her at Malibu beach or Zuma when the sun sets.

Im actually getting a room at Hilton Woodland Hills Friday Aug 24-26, so this should put me closer in regards to Dodger game and doing LA right? That Hueneme beach festival and Ventura sound like great plays during the work/training week. Any more info on those two? Also are Dodger tickets easy to comebuy? Im assuming awesome scalp ability like any other stadium.

I fly out tomorrow guys! Cant wait! Thanks again for all of the help!

PM'ED !

MY BODY IS READY ! I WILL BE ON THAT BOTTLE TIP WITH THE HOMIES :smile: 

ENJOY LA BRO !

Back
Top Bottom