Companies are robbing people in this job market vol. Greed

Move to Canada. 
laugh.gif

Most IT support jobs where I live, make about $48-50K/year on average right out of school, with benefits (sick pay, vacation, travel/living expense in some off site cases). But the cost of living is a little more expensive here.

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Move to Canada. 
laugh.gif

Most IT support jobs where I live, make about $48-50K/year on average right out of school, with benefits (sick pay, vacation, travel/living expense in some off site cases). But the cost of living is a little more expensive here.
With how expensive it is living in Canada, and the government taking way too much of your income to cover for your benefits, there really isn't that big of a difference.  You make 50k but in reality you'll only be seeing 40k after taxes.  

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Move to Canada. 
laugh.gif

With how expensive it is living in Canada, and the government taking way too much of your income to cover for your benefits, there really isn't that big of a difference.  You make 50k but in reality you'll only be seeing 40k after taxes.  
True, but it's a decent starting wage. Right out of school, that would build a base for a good job and some experience while still making a decent living without pulling your hair out. Way better than 12/hr with no benefits. For me, contracting is the way the to go. So many loop holes in our tax system that I can work around.

plus free healthcare and 5% tax (for me anyways, I'm in AB)

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

30t6p3b.gif
 at this sentiment of entitlement especially during these times.  
From whom, the job seekers or companies?

The hell are yall talking about? lol if you're in the IT field, get your game up in an ERP or cloud computing software and work on an implementation, upgrade, hell even production support and you'll make upwards of $50/hr....people I work with make 75-100 an hour on W2 or 1099 and work on projects that go on for multiple months even years...

Major corporations literally have millions to blow on consulting fees for IT people...people saying that "times are hard" or "its rough out here" in IT, really? cmon son its never been better, just gotta know whats hot right now and how to put yourself out there as a commodity
I'll be sure to tell some of the experienced network admins and server guys looking for jobs that it's as easy as 1-2-3 as you say.
laugh.gif

He speaks the truth though.
Non-specialized system admins, IT engineers, help desk are a dime a dozen and should be compensated that way.

I placed an ad for a general help desk/desktop support position and got 60 apps in one day, asking $20-25 an hour depending on experience.

In contrast we pay our "consultant" Oracle DBe (with 15+ years experience with this Army conrtact) in the HUNDREDS per hour rate to work on our back end DB.

The government does control pay rate and experience level/quals of FTE positions on contracts though.

Move to Canada. 
laugh.gif

OP forgot to put his experience and education history

i am assuming he does not have a degree or any high level certs

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif

Job seekers.  Just because you have experience and an education, it doesn't mean you're entitled to some lucrative job.  Nothing in this life is guaranteed.  If you think you're too good for the job, then move it along and I guarantee you that someone else will take that job.  There is no need to laugh, roll your eyes, complain, $#%%+, moan, cry how Corporate America is taking advantage.  Deal with it and adapt. 

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Move to Canada. 
laugh.gif

OP forgot to put his experience and education history

i am assuming he does not have a degree or any high level certs

did you bother reading his posts at all... FOH

its is a shame how they do people across the board... we all so happy to just have jobs meanwhile these execs n higherups are gettin paid like 20 of the "worker drones" doing 1/100 of the work...

making college in general a joke... w/o 8 years of education and 4 exp your not seeing them
pimp.gif
salaries

the avg D-boy is now more middle class than some ppl strugglin to put themselves through CC
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I got through 3 stages of the interview for Apple Retail and got declined the job and I have a Bachelor's degree..So the concept of unemployed people feeling a sense of "entitlement" is BS because I settled for a retail job that I could have gotten when I graduated HS just to make any kind of money, and still got rejected...When I went to the Apple group interview, there were tons of people there with degrees or a lot of experience in a particular field where they just couldn't find a job. Lots of unemployed people are settling for jobs that are not at the level of the types of jobs they expected when working on obtaining a degree, but everyone that has a job thinks every unemployed person sits at home playing XBox and sleeping till 4pm.

There is damn near no such thing as "entry level position" anymore in the job market of America...The jobs that used to be considered entry level for someone newly graduated now go to people with 5+ years experience..These employers know that a lot of workers with a lot of experience no longer have jobs due to the economy and downsizing, so they take advantage by upping the requirements for low level positions. 10 years ago, a person with 15 years experience in a certain field wouldn't accept less than a certain amount of pay due to their hard work and time they put into their craft..Those same people now realize they have to settle due to lack of jobs and are getting paid half of what they would normally take. Companies realize this and are taking advantage and it's a shame 

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I got through 3 stages of the interview for Apple Retail and got declined the job and I have a Bachelor's degree..So the concept of unemployed people feeling a sense of "entitlement" is BS because I settled for a retail job that I could have gotten when I graduated HS just to make any kind of money, and still got rejected...When I went to the Apple group interview, there were tons of people there with degrees or a lot of experience in a particular field where they just couldn't find a job. Lots of unemployed people are settling for jobs that are not at the level of the types of jobs they expected when working on obtaining a degree, but everyone that has a job thinks every unemployed person sits at home playing XBox and sleeping till 4pm.

There is damn near no such thing as "entry level position" anymore in the job market of America...The jobs that used to be considered entry level for someone newly graduated now go to people with 5+ years experience..These employers know that a lot of workers with a lot of experience no longer have jobs due to the economy and downsizing, so they take advantage by upping the requirements for low level positions. 10 years ago, a person with 15 years experience in a certain field wouldn't accept less than a certain amount of pay due to their hard work and time they put into their craft..Those same people now realize they have to settle due to lack of jobs and are getting paid half of what they would normally take. Companies realize this and are taking advantage and it's a shame 
tired.gif
 All this.  I'm seeing too much of this first hand. 

30t6p3b.gif

Job seekers.  Just because you have experience and an education, it doesn't mean you're entitled to some lucrative job.  Nothing in this life is guaranteed.  If you think you're too good for the job, then move it along and I guarantee you that someone else will take that job.  There is no need to laugh, roll your eyes, complain, $#%%+, moan, cry how Corporate America is taking advantage.  Deal with it and adapt. 
You continue your streak of ridiculous posts. What's the point of paying a high price for education? Are they entitled to student's money?

What about corporations? Are they entitled to your hard work and profit off of you while getting turds in return?

Awful poster.

You continue your streak of ridiculous posts. What's the point of paying a high price for education? Are they entitled to student's money?

What about corporations? Are they entitled to your hard work and profit off of you while getting turds in return?

Awful poster.

If you attend that school, then yes they are entitled to your money.

If you are work for that company, then yes they are enttield to your hard work and profit. 

Awful poster.
And you continue your streak of complaining about America. 
What's the point of paying an education?  Do I really need to answer that?  There are Doctors who can't get a job. Engineers. Systems analyst. etc.. etc.. The job market is currently over saturated. 

And what about Corporations?  You know exactly the financial stability of said Corporation? You have reviewed their financial statements?  1120 tax filings?   How do you know they are "Vol: Greed"?  Maybe they are on their last legs and don't have much of a budget to pay for certain positions. You do realize there are thousands of Companies in the US that has gone under the last few years.  All you have done is make assumptions.  What did I say earlier?  +!%++.. .moan.. cry... complain... vent... etc.. etc.. just like a lil WHAT?

Its rough out there.

For both the companies and employees. Its expensive as hell to hire and fire.

So I guess companies are being extra selective these days.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

If you attend that school, then yes they are entitled to your money.

If you are work for that company, then yes they are enttield to your hard work and profit. 
The fact that we have people excusing companies and educational institutions for raping folks out here is exactly what's wrong with this picture. Student debt is soaring, unemployment is extremely high, and wages have been stagnant for decades. But it's alright because a couple apologists said so.

What's the point of paying an education?  Do I really need to answer that?  There are Doctors who can't get a job. Engineers. Systems analyst. etc.. etc.. The job market is currently over saturated. 

That's a good excuse for taking advantage of hard workers with years of experience, reward them with lesser pay and limited benefits while taking in record amounts of tuition from students. I guess there are zero problems with this picture. 

30t6p3b.gif

I totally understand what you mean. Just because you went to college doesn't mean you're entitled to sh**.Every generation before this one has worked their way up from the bottom. I am a recent college graduate and i'm guilty of turning down low paying jobs & complaining about not having enough experience to get better ones. The fact is that the economy is not doing and on top of that, an undergraduate degree is almost equivalent to a high school diploma! It's not even about "deal with it and adapt", it's about having stronger work ethic & working ur !%% off imo.

roll.gif
roll.gif
They have you fools hook, line, and sinker.  Touting a system of capitalism and cronyism under the guise of "capitalism", even when you aren't benefiting from it
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

roll.gif
roll.gif
They have you fools hook, line, and sinker.  Touting a system of capitalism and cronyism under the guise of "capitalism", even when you aren't benefiting from it
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom