COMPLEX: 10 Best Women's Style Trends of 2000

Complex Mag's Top 10 Style Trends of the 2000s

gabrielle-union_preview.jpg

10. Big-frame Sunglasses

PIONEERS: Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, the Olsen twins
COMPLEX SAYS: There's no better way for a chick to hide her bleary hangover face during a walk of shame. The less we see of that, the better.

425.witherspoon.biel.mendes.panettiere.020808.jpg

9. Pencil Skirts

PIONEERS: Hayden Panettiere, Kim Kardashian
COMPLEX SAYS: There's always one betty in the office that everyone has the hots for, and chances are she dresses something like this…in your fantasies.

chanel%20spring%20summer%202010%20rihanna%20close.jpg

8. Trifey Accessories

PIONEERS: J. Lo, Teyana Taylor, Kimora Lee, Keri Hilson
COMPLEX SAYS: Word to LL-we love an around-the-way girl, even if she's a fake one. There's just something 'bout name plates, door knockers, and three-finger rings that says, "Sure, a dinner date at McDonalds sounds great!"

amber.jpg

7. High-top sneakers

PIONEERS: Cassie, Amber Rose
COMPLEX SAYS: We love sneakers, so it's only logical that chicks in kicks is a WIN in our book-as long as she doesn't have WNBA-size feet.

beyonce-yellow-heels-hat.jpg

6. Platform Heels

PIONEERS: Beyoncé
COMPLEX SAYS: Heels instantly enhance the hind quarters of any female and add definition to leg muscles. There's something to be said about a chick that can handle her business with heels on. They just make everything better.

article-0-015AC17E00000578-769_468x761.jpg

5. Cropped Shirts

PIONEERS: Keri Hilson, Cassie, Leighton Meester
COMPLEX SAYS: Ever bag a chick then bring her home only to find out she's carrying a few extra pounds that you don't remember being there earlier? It's happened to the best of us. Women have made an art out of concealing their flaws, but they can't hide a damn thing with these. She's still probably crazy as @%$*, but whatevs.

yhst-81269699784480_2076_241950770

4. Vintage cut-off jean shorts

PIONEERS: Vashtie Kola, Jessica Simpson
COMPLEX SAYS: This summer wasn't that hot, but you would have never known from the array of Daisy Dukes out there on the skreets. Nothing shows off a dope set of gams (and possible cheekage) better than these country classics.

image.axd

3. Visible Lingerie

PIONEERS: Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Lil' Kim, Strippers
COMPLEX SAYS: It's visible lingerie…'nuff said.

article-0-0408CB28000005DC-558_468x837.jpg

2. Low-cut skinny jeans

PIONEERS: Rihanna, Ciara
COMPLEX SAYS: What could be more perfect then jeans that hug tightly to every contour of a woman's figure? Not much in our opinion. The ladies finally got it right with these; gouchos and bell bottoms were huge #FAILs.

rihanna-louis-vuitton1.jpg

1. Leggings

PIONEERS: Lindsay Lohan, Ciara, Amber Rose
COMPLEX SAYS: A 4mm piece of flimsy fabric is all that separates you from everything you dream about. Leggings accentuate every curve on a girl's body-%!$$ can get obscene sometimes, but we ain't complaining. Shout out to Dov Charney.

laugh.gif
@ complex' comments.

thoughts? anything y'all would add/remove? honorable mentions? discuss.

(& mods, please delete if it's already been posted
embarassed.gif
)

only one i like are the pencil skirts...i love RiRi's necklace tho...i wouldn't wear it but its def. hot...

how could they not include oversized bags? they aren't new but damn if everyone woman doesnt have 5

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

how could they not include oversized bags? they aren't new but damn if everyone woman doesnt have 5

oh, man. you're absolutely right.
& not to mention every chick who's wearing a purse in those photos has one of the larger variety.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

oh, man. you're absolutely right.
& not to mention every chick who's wearing a purse in those photos has one of the larger variety.

your avy is to cute...reminds me a book character from like elementary school...

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

PIONEERS: J. Lo, Teyana Taylor, Kimora Lee, Keri Hilson
COMPLEX SAYS: Word to LL-we love an around-the-way girl, even if she's a fake one. There's just something 'bout name plates, door knockers, and three-finger rings that says, "Sure, a dinner date at McDonalds sounds great!"
How that girl ends up in the company of J.Lo, Kimora Lee, and Keri Hilson?

I dont care how many of you dudes beast for her, she will always be known to me as the girl from "Super Sweet Sixteen".

Back
Top Bottom