Computer Experts Lend Me Your Ears (Trojan Related)

alright so apparently i acquired a trojan of some sort from one of these computer on campus through my flashdrive. the system told me the trojan was quarantined and everything is back to normal. except that all the folders on my flashdrive were turned into shortcuts. my original files are still there(i can find them if i search for them manually) but dont appear when i plug in my flashdrive. is there a way to make them reappear? also should i get a new flashdrive or can i just format it again and it'll be clean?
any suggestion would be appreciated.

Plug your flash drive in. Use windows explorer to go into it.

View > Advanced Settings > Show hidden files and folders > OK.

At least, that's how I remember it. I got a mac a while back so I don't remember everything.
happy.gif

You're best to reformat any computer that flash drive has been in contact with. The only way to make sure a trojan is removed is to wipe all the data.

You should start using cloud based storage instead of worrying about a flash drive. Then you'll be able to access your data wherever you are without worrying about getting infected or losing your drive. I thought that's what everyone already did. I was in school a while ago when Google docs was first released and it was much easier to use that than drag around a flash drive and not lose it.

Back
Top Bottom