Computer Science vs Computer Engineering

I know you CS or Computer engineers here had the same problem. I googled it and I found some good info. Just want some peoples inputs who actually major in either of these 2.
Also, I know it's not about the money but which major would make more money? 
laugh.gif
 JW

I know you CS or Computer engineers here had the same problem. I googled it and I found some good info. Just want some peoples inputs who actually major in either of these 2.
Also, I know it's not about the money but which major would make more money? 
laugh.gif
 JW

Two completely different fields my man.

Not in a sense that they aren't related, its just you are going to have to take tons of calc based physics in comp engineering.

You would make more in engineering in any aspect but its not for you if you have problems with math.

Two completely different fields my man.

Not in a sense that they aren't related, its just you are going to have to take tons of calc based physics in comp engineering.

You would make more in engineering in any aspect but its not for you if you have problems with math.

Computer Engineers generally make more money, but Ce is also harder than Cs. I was a Cs major all we really learn is coding. Ce majors have to learn hardware and software aspects. I guess its what you really like.

Computer Engineers generally make more money, but Ce is also harder than Cs. I was a Cs major all we really learn is coding. Ce majors have to learn hardware and software aspects. I guess its what you really like.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

grin.gif

Design of hardware, design of electronic devices, is very much involved with programming, so you're gonna get a taste of both regardless of what you choose.

OP, hope you're good with math
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

grin.gif

Design of hardware, design of electronic devices, is very much involved with programming, so you're gonna get a taste of both regardless of what you choose.

OP, hope you're good with math
laugh.gif

Yup CE here.... If you just want to code then go with the CS field. Main difference is job wise with CE you have a wider range but then it is harder to specialize in either software or hardware. That's the issue i'm having now and actually doing Systems.
nerd.gif

Yup CE here.... If you just want to code then go with the CS field. Main difference is job wise with CE you have a wider range but then it is harder to specialize in either software or hardware. That's the issue i'm having now and actually doing Systems.
nerd.gif

I'm undeclared right now but I'd like to do Cs...since I took it 4 3yrs in HS BUT senior year I didn't learn anything and math really isn't my fortay. Coding is really boring. It's a pretty stupid question but should I look into something else? Something that's on the same level as Cs though, because I want a job right out of college.

I'm undeclared right now but I'd like to do Cs...since I took it 4 3yrs in HS BUT senior year I didn't learn anything and math really isn't my fortay. Coding is really boring. It's a pretty stupid question but should I look into something else? Something that's on the same level as Cs though, because I want a job right out of college.

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

do MIS...its more business aspect, but it involves learning code.

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

do MIS...its more business aspect, but it involves learning code.

Back
Top Bottom