~~ CONAN O'BRIEN on 60 Minutes Tonight - 7pm Eastern on CBS ~~

Don't miss it.
pimp.gif

regardless of who's funnier and all that
Jeno is a boob like Letterman said, a good company man
with no spine

Cant wait to see this, I thought duke said he couldnt grow facial hair though?
laugh.gif

He can grow a beard it just takes him forever.

I remember during the writer's strike he grew a beard
laugh.gif

Thanks for the reminder.

I usually catch 60 Minutes...but sometimes I forget... thanks for the heads up. I will watch.

i'll check it out its about to air.  Conan got paid but pretty much kicked to the curb.  Just want to see what he plans for the future.  Dude is like Rocky getting beat down but about to get his #%!% back - hopefully. 

I dont even hate leno but can't believe Conan is not on tv now. 

Originally Posted by flight23air

roll.gif
Conan "I'm laughing cause crying would be sad ahahahha"  feel bad for him
laugh.gif
my favorite line

Conan still has his contract saying he can't insult NBC or Leno, but he probably wouldn't have said anything too bad anyway.

Great interview, he seems well enough, and can't wait to see him back on tv soon.

I'll still always be disappointed that he had his chance with such an iconic program and it got taken away, just too bad. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by flight23air

roll.gif
Conan "I'm laughing cause crying would be sad ahahahha"  feel bad for him
laugh.gif
my favorite line

Conan still has his contract saying he can't insult NBC or Leno, but he probably wouldn't have said anything too bad anyway.

Great interview, he seems well enough, and can't wait to see him back on tv soon enough.

I'll still always be disappointed that he had his chance with such an iconic program and it got taken away, just too bad.

I feel the same way, but to be honest, The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was awful. Actually, his last 2-3 years (ever since the writer's strike) has been pretty bad. I'm a HUGE HUGE Conan fan, and Late Night is probably my favorite show ever. I used to tape all his shows on VHS and watch them before i went to sleep back when I was growing up in elementary school
laugh.gif
But after Andy left, the show changed, but it was still funny because altho the skits lessened, he carried the show with his personality. But gradually, the clever skits (remember the TV Satellite?, Conan and Andy on the aisle?, new/different characters and random things on the show happening) went away, and the show became repetitive and not funny.

The Tonight show to me was even worse because he took all the bad from the last 2 years of Late Night with the formulaic and repetitive sketches (he must have done Twitter tracker like 2-3x/week, I can't believe writers couldn't come up with anything else) and it was even more bastardized because he was on at 11:30 and tried to please a more mainstream audience. I really hope that his TBS show is more creative than the Tonight show that he did since he's on cable and has a little more freedom, so I'm looking forward to it.

i watched this bein looking forward to it all week, it was good to have Conan in my life again for the brief time he was on
i was hoping they would spend the whole 60 mins on him, Conan wuz done dirty everyone knows...

you could tell he wanted to talk %@% about NBC and Jay but he held back which is the professional thing to do,
i'm still pissed tho that we had to wait so long for him to get the tonight show,

and the jay starts whining NBC starts whining and now he's and we have to wait once again.
i'll admit him on the tonight show was somewhat of a shell of what he used but thats only because of NBC,

wanting him to be like Leno and get the old ppl watching because thats the only thing thats keeping Jay on is senior citizens,
a demographic Conan can't seems to reach.

pretty happy he has a deal with TBS thats isn't lucrative at all. In an interview on Larry King Live he was talking about Conan's new show with George Lopez who is going to be Conan's lead in, and george said coco contacted him personally to make sure he was ok with that and he is which is awesome because now there going to rule late night!

the only problem with TBS is that its no longer available in Canada (where i happen to reside) instead its some stupid channel called Peachtree TV, ppl say its the same thing but its not, because it doesn't play Lopez Live instead it just has tyler perry's house of Payne on all day aswell as other whack sitcoms and made-for-tv movies.

hopefully a station will buy the show for syndication or something

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I feel the same way, but to be honest, The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was awful. Actually, his last 2-3 years (ever since the writer's strike) has been pretty bad. I'm a HUGE HUGE Conan fan, and Late Night is probably my favorite show ever. I used to tape all his shows on VHS and watch them before i went to sleep back when I was growing up in elementary school
laugh.gif
But after Andy left, the show changed, but it was still funny because altho the skits lessened, he carried the show with his personality. But gradually, the clever skits (remember the TV Satellite?, Conan and Andy on the aisle?, new/different characters and random things on the show happening) went away, and the show became repetitive and not funny.

The Tonight show to me was even worse because he took all the bad from the last 2 years of Late Night with the formulaic and repetitive sketches (he must have done Twitter tracker like 2-3x/week, I can't believe writers couldn't come up with anything else) and it was even more bastardized because he was on at 11:30 and tried to please a more mainstream audience. I really hope that his TBS show is more creative than the Tonight show that he did since he's on cable and has a little more freedom, so I'm looking forward to it.
Conan definitely deserves some of the blame, the pressure and expectations certainly played a factor in his writing.  Tried to broaden his comedy and lower it for an earlier audience.  I just think he would have recovered if given time.  He's been able to adjust his style and adapt when things didn't work, I know he would have gotten better.  That's where NBC's blame comes in, by giving up and not standing by their commitment.

That's why I'm so excited/nervous for TBS.  I really hope we don't get early Tonight Show Conan, but I trust that he'll be ready and have great material, no pressures, less responsibility, just be himself.

Back
Top Bottom