Confessions

How old are you and the girl? How long were you together?

I'm 28 and she's 25 we were together for 3 and a half years, met her in culinary school.
I'm the one to blame though, I wasn't living up to her standards and her parents never really liked me. She is Chinese and I'm Filipino I guess that it's a
Big deal for them to have my ex be with someone Chinese. We were willing to fight for it but I guess she was just tired of the arguments they were having and just gave up, I don't blame her. Just feels batman. :frown:

I'm 28 and she's 25 we were together for 3 and a half years, met her in culinary school.
I'm the one to blame though, I wasn't living up to her standards and her parents never really liked me. She is Chinese and I'm Filipino I guess that it's a
Big deal for them to have my ex be with someone Chinese. We were willing to fight for it but I guess she was just tired of the arguments they were having and just gave up, I don't blame her. Just feels batman. :frown:
Never try to "live" for another persons standards, live for you and take stock in you..
I have been there with Chinese parents, if they have that much influence on her, she was not the one breh.. It will take time( and not going to lie I have thoughts about my ex as well), but have more pride in yourself and just focus on making yourself better for you..
If you ever get in another relationship and a person puts"standards" on you, walk away, if you don't love yourself, nobody will...

I wanna be a therapist. I finished grad school. I'm stuck in a hole right now due to not passing my boards. The anxiety of the test overwhelms me. Most of my peers are doing well.. I feel mediocre.

I'm feeling two females on kind of the same level, I don't wanna chose one so I remain single- but it won't last like this.

I think females get more complex the older I get.

I enjoy being alone more often than not. I'll go to bars alone and have way more success than going with my boys. Whatever that means.

I also get annoyed quite easily, and go into full ignore mode. I'm too grown to be fake with people.

Never try to "live" for another persons standards, live for you and take stock in you..
I have been there with Chinese parents, if they have that much influence on her, she was not the one breh.. It will take time( and not going to lie I have thoughts about my ex as well), but have more pride in yourself and just focus on making yourself better for you..
If you ever get in another relationship and a person puts"standards" on you, walk away, if you don't love yourself, nobody will...

Thanks man, very helpful words of advice.

Got into med school.

Now I don't know if I want to go :lol:

is it the tuition or the workload?

I think it's just one of those "now that I got it, I don't want it anymore" moods.

I'm sure I'll come around. Been wanting to go to med school for awhile. Tuition and workload aren't an issue, at least I don't think. Hardcore studying or not, those first two years of medical school are going to pass by. MIght as well spend it doing something that will net huge monetary returns in the future.
3rd year and intern year will be even more demanding. And there are downsides (paperwork, exams, etc.) that never end. But the feeling you get when you can help a patient out is unmatched.

Im 27 now and I want to study Pulmonology. I just feel like starting at 27 is too late.. I dropped out of school back in 2008, so I have 2.5 years of college under my belt. However, the thought of the workload that lies ahead is all types of discouraging..
I'll be heading up to my school to get a copy of my transcripts this week to see what I have to take/make up. I don't even remember how many credits I have smh..

I battle with mild depression and I hate the concept of talking to someone who doesn't no me but at the same time I don't open up to anyone enough for them to get to know me.

It's funny because during my med school interview, one of my questions was "do you go to therapy?"

My response was: I'm Asian, of course I don't go to therapy. I just internalize everything!

:lol:

I feel like my girl and i have reached the point where its getting boring. Everything is routine. i cant see myself being with her in the long term. i think about calling it quits sometimes but i'm scared of how hurt she would be. Maybe i'm scared of being single again too. :\

Oh and i need to find a new group of friends. I don't really know how to do that either.

I feel you. Im exactly the same situation. I want to play the field but this girl has all the qualities I want.

Its like most of the people in a relationship want to test the waters but doesn't want to lose their significant other.....

I feel like my girl and i have reached the point where its getting boring. Everything is routine. i cant see myself being with her in the long term. i think about calling it quits sometimes but i'm scared of how hurt she would be. Maybe i'm scared of being single again too. :\

Oh and i need to find a new group of friends. I don't really know how to do that either.

I feel you. Im exactly the same situation. I want to play the field but this girl has all the qualities I want.

Its like most of the people in a relationship want to test the waters but doesn't want to lose their significant other.....

You guys are selfish.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you should accept that and act accordingly. You can't have both without cheating on your girl.

Breaking up with your girlfriend is not the end of the world.

I like this girl, she's nerdy and religious and probably a virgin (maybe not, but she ain't ******g, I don't think) I won't talk to her because I couldn't see me being with her, like I could see us dating but nothing else...it's killing me cuz I just want to take her for coffee, but that road may be to much for both of us....

I just started to pay back my student loan. I've been delinquent for a couple of years now. I make 80k a year. I'm a deadbeat.

Back
Top Bottom