Confessions

Ya man, my first time, was with my cousin. Pops' cousin's daughter.
She took it in the @ss tho. she wasn't prepared either...she rodeod the whole thing...
0 clue what I was doing...
she older, tho we were mad young. Never ever talked abt it. she grown now, accomplished, kids n ****. But i always wonder if it even cross her mind when we around..
This is wild.

I stole nail file out of Target after I missed it in self checkout. This has happened alot in the pandemic. Previous items include mustard, hand soap and a scented candle.

I’ve missed a lot of stuff in shelf checkout...
1618432483947.gif

Idk if it's because I'm getting older (I'll be 34 this September) or what, but I kinda feel like I don't really belong my circle anymore. Doesn't really help that most of them are still cool with someone I have genuine hatred for(that's another story.)

It just isn't clicking for me like it used to. Always feels like I'm the odd man out because I'm just not really into most of the things they like to talk about now or try to do. I bring up trying to start something together (a business, podcast , etc) and help each other build but they never want to follow through. It's frustrating.

Like I enjoy having game nights and all that, but I still want to do more with my life.

Been thinking about saving up so I can move and 'start over' more and more each day. Starting a good job soon so hopefully I can start planning at least.

people grow apart, out grow each other, age differently and at different rates. such is life. just appreciate for what they stand for in your life. if you get new friends then you get new friends. They're not holding the friendship against you.

My mail lady. The one that consistently drops my packages off at the wrong place. The one that leaves the packages I put in the mailbox for her to take for days on end. The one I can hear talking on her phone from 2 houses down. The one that left my Off-White 5's on top of the mailbox along w/ a few other boxes for anyone to take b/c her *** ain't wanna get out the truck. I saw her today.

She's cute. I think fairly low of her, but she's cute.

Wouldn't.

My mail lady. The one that consistently drops my packages off at the wrong place. The one that leaves the packages I put in the mailbox for her to take for days on end. The one I can hear talking on her phone from 2 houses down. The one that left my Off-White 5's on top of the mailbox along w/ a few other boxes for anyone to take b/c her *** ain't wanna get out the truck. I saw her today.

She's cute. I think fairly low of her, but she's cute.

Wouldn't.
They normally wear shorts. Hows the calves?

Probably isn’t the right place to post this but....(apologies for the long post below)

I’ve really been struggling to get through my work days lately. I work at a solid company, in a predominantly white industry (banking). I’m paid pretty well, the work/life balance is a bit better than other companies in this industry and I generally get along with my coworkers.

My performance reviews have been great. In the first three years, I received a 4.5/5 stars in Year 1, 5/5 stars in Year 2 (got promoted) and a 4.5/5 stars in Year 3. Every week I realize that despite my strong performance which is well documented, I’m never going to be seen in the same light as my white male coworkers.

My boss is a conservative, Trump supporter, raised in the Northeast. My two white male coworkers are also conservative, Trump supporters raised in the same city as my boss. I put my head down and avoid political conversations, and anything about race. I’m a black guy from the South. I’m well liked, I get along with everyone pretty well even outside of work settings and I’ve never had a single issue with anyone. For whatever reason, I’ve noticed that I’ve never gotten put on any major projects (outside of my job description),
which is generally used as ammo during promotion conversations. I’ve raised my hand multiple times over the years and was always told I’d be put on the next project, and it hasn’t happened. I get left off emails frequently, and left out of dinners with key senior management.

I know it’s not a performance issue because I ranked in the Top 10% at my firm, and that ranking is based on the opinions of at least 15 seniors at the company. I’m really thinking of walking away, but I know the situation is going to be similar at basically every company, and I might not have the same work life balance. I’m satisfied with the money but I just realized I’m never going to get the same opportunities as my coworkers. It’s tough to manage.

Last edited:
No emails and not having to kick it with management sounds like a win to me :lol:

Nah i see the frustration that would create...

I would try and find a more favorable situation.... If thats at all possible in white corporate America.

No emails and not having to kick it with management sounds like a win to me :lol:

Nah i see the frustration that would create...

I would try and find a more favorable situation.... If thats at all possible in white corporate America.

Yeah I honestly think it would help if I moved somewhere that had at least a couple black folks on the team that were in senior leadership positions. At least they’d get it (I hope). But it’s hard to hear that I’m killing it, and getting compensated for killing it, but when I look up the company has 4 black dudes out of 150 across the country and zero black dudes that are even close to senior roles.

Yeah I honestly think it would help if I moved somewhere that had at least a couple black folks on the team that were in senior leadership positions. At least they’d get it (I hope). But it’s hard to hear that I’m killing it, and getting compensated for killing it, but when I look up the company has 4 black dudes out of 150 across the country and zero black dudes that are even close to senior roles.

What’s your long term plans in terms of your work/career?

Regardless of any particular company.

That's corporate America man, there's a limit on black growth unless you run into the rare black person in a better spot to look out. Even if a white one gets it they're still less likely to make a move in fear of losing their own footing. Just gotta keep flipping companies till you get the role and salary you're comfortable with. Just remember to look out for the next person yourself.

What’s your long term plans in terms of your work/career?

Regardless of any particular company.

I want to stay in banking fam. In another 5 years or so I’ll be able to bounce out of banking and work on **** I care about. Impact investing, social investing, etc...

I want to stay in banking fam. In another 5 years or so I’ll be able to bounce out of banking and work on **** I care about. Impact investing, social investing, etc...

Thats cool man.

Even if its 5yrs away I would use a little free time (if that exists in the schedule...) to start planning those projects now.

May help you stomach the current work situation a little better and you may find you could start sooner then anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom