Conficker virus has awoken, causing problems (see page 6, solewoman's post)

my last laptop got it and i tried everything to fix it but nothing worked.i went to some arabs computer shop and he tried to hustle me and give me only 50bucks for my laptop.i guess the joke is on him or the person he sold it to.i sold it because i got a new laptop and didnt really need it

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

I bet you all believe in the terrorist attack thats supposed to be taking place in Atlanta on the 15th right?

never heard of that one
grin.gif

take it how you wanna take it...

What won't work? Turning your PC off tonight and back on on April 2 will not protect you from the worm (sorry to the dozens of people who wrote me asking if this would do the trick). Temporarily disconnecting your computer from the web won't help if the malware is already on your machine -- it will simply activate once you connect again. Changing the date on your PC will likely have no helpful effect, either. And yes, Macs are immune this time out. Follow the above instructions to detect and remove the worm.

Source: Yahoo

if you are stupid enough to operate a windows PC you deserve to loose everything to a virus
Officially, the most ignorant statement I've heard on Niketalk.. and I've been on here awhile

Lol. Ive really got no idea what to do tomorrow. I'm wondering if I unplug the internet from my pc will that keep it safe and still allow me to use thephone until my friend can come by and check it for me.
Will wiping my entire system out, if worse comes to worse, wipe out the virus as well?

Lol. Ive really got no idea what to do tomorrow. I'm wondering if I unplug the internet from my pc will that keep it safe and still allow me to use the phone until my friend can come by and check it for me.
Will wiping my entire system out, if worse comes to worse, wipe out the virus as well?
I have an entire company of more than 50 computers to worry about and trust me man this #*!@ is overblown. To answer your question, yes, keepingyour computer unplugged from the network is the safest solution, but I'm not saying that it will prevent it. If you do get it, PM me and I will hook you upwith a free program that will most likely get rid of it. If worse comes to worse, if you have your Windows install disc, you can reformat your computer andstart from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom