CONFIRMED: Air Jordan 4 Cool Grey August 2019

Definitely coppin. This might honestly be my fav 4 colorway. I own the 2016 wc and 2019 bc. But this one just stands out to me. Love the dark gray with hint of yellow/light orange. And the black/white midsole is perfect.

Couldnt care less that it doesn't have a nike air in the back. My only wish is if it had a yellow circled jumpman logo in the back and a bit smaller.

Got dang i cant wait!

They came out great to be honest. Won’t be copping since at 190 it’s a big pass on me.

It also looks like the heeltabs have definitely gotten smaller
190 is pass than you will not be copping wny retos but 1s. Which is cool tbh.

190 is pass than you will not be copping wny retos but 1s. Which is cool tbh.

I haven’t, I only copped this year so far are Black cement 4, Infrared 6, and concord 11. I’ve mostly been going back to cop older OG retros I missed out on.

Don’t get me wrong there are nice colorways that I am always tempted but at prices 190+ tax I need to be more selective.

I select these! They’re pretty damn incredible looking.

Last edited:
I mean seriously this view, makes me wish JB would send me like 50 pairs........yeah I like em that much

D_uum2PVAAAhAx2

In terms of construction, these seem to be similar to the Bred 4s that came out earlier in the year. The netting isn't glued on and the wing lace tabs are fixed as well. They actually improved upon the OG which is great.

In terms of construction, these seem to be similar to the Bred 4s that came out earlier in the year. The netting isn't glued on and the wing lace tabs are fixed as well. They actually improved upon the OG which is great.

Is this a good thing? Most people want OG in terms of craftsmanship and materials. I see the netting is slanted on the side panel of the 2019.

They came out great to be honest. Won’t be copping since at 190 it’s a big pass on me.

It also looks like the heeltabs have definitely gotten smaller

The way you worded this makes it seems as if Jordan's are less than $190 (except 1s and lows). Would of been clearer if you said youre only purchasing the OG Jordans. This would of made more sense if you said it in your first statement.

Anyways these are nice. But wallets needs a break...lol

Is this a good thing? Most people want OG in terms of craftsmanship and materials. I see the netting is slanted on the side panel of the 2019.

i doubt most folks have held or worn the OG CG IV. This retro looks solid, cant wait for my pair.

It is a good thing. The only "OG" Jordans that people pine after are the original ones that released in 89, when it comes to shape and construction. A true replica of the 2004 Cool Grey 4's would have been disappointing because by that point, JB had learned the art of botching their shoes and so the CG4 was a bastardization of the AJ4 (just like other retro + color ways that came out during that era). They basically took the Bred 4 the released this past year and slapped the cool grey color way on it and that's a very good thing. Had they had the netting glued on and the wing tabs bootleg-looking like the original then it would've been disappointing. Just my opinion.

The way you worded this makes it seems as if Jordan's are less than $190 (except 1s and lows). Would of been clearer if you said youre only purchasing the OG Jordans. This would of made more sense if you said it in your first statement.

Anyways these are nice. But wallets needs a break...lol

Oh no, believe me there are recent retro that I like and would’ve copped, but at this point I can’t be spending 190+ every two weeks on sneakers. It definitely hurts the pockets.

I’m trying for the PSG 6, which I prefer over these. The CG 4 just lost there appeal to me.

But it’s not hard to deny that this retro came out looking really good!! I’ll even say better than the black cement 4 this year

It is a good thing. The only "OG" Jordans that people pine after are the original ones that released in 89, when it comes to shape and construction. A true replica of the 2004 Cool Grey 4's would have been disappointing because by that point, JB had learned the art of botching their shoes and so the CG4 was a bastardization of the AJ4 (just like other retro + color ways that came out during that era). They basically took the Bred 4 the released this past year and slapped the cool grey color way on it and that's a very good thing. Had they had the netting glued on and the wing tabs bootleg-looking like the original then it would've been disappointing. Just my opinion.
This; and, the toe box is also slightly improved. All of it is a good thing and clearly someone at JB is finally listening given the improvements made on the Concords, Infrared 6s, and these 4s—even if they aren’t perfect in the eyes of some people, they are vast improvements.

It also leads me to believe that JB is planning to rerelease AJ1s with OG height and swoosh. I think part of their unwillingness to update the swoosh is that the current form is manufactured for cross-product use on other shoes like the AF1, so it’s a bigger commitment to change.

Last edited:
This; and, the toe box is also slightly improved. All of it is a good thing and clearly someone at JB is finally listening given the improvements made on the Concords, Infrared 6s, and these 4s—even if they aren’t perfect in the eyes of some people, they are vast improvements.

It also leads me to believe that JB is planning to rerelease AJ1s with OG height and swoosh. I think part of their unwillingness to update the swoosh is that the current form is manufactured for cross-product use on other shoes like the AF1, so it’s a bigger commitment to change.
You ain’t lying my brother someone is listening at JB but they should of been listen to us a long time ago but I’m happy they doing something about it these past releases been looking really great

Got my pair in today from the shock drop. Here are a few comparison photos of my ‘04 pair and the ‘19 pair. Off the top, some subtle differences are netting placement and the chrome jumpman. In my opinion, the shade of the grey is not that much different from each other. However, the ‘04 pair seems a bit softer in terms of the materials used, especial around the ankle collar. As others have mentioned, the suede on the ‘19 cool greys pretty much feel the same as the ‘19 breds.

18583AD4-439E-43CA-83E5-97CC12FBE84A.jpeg

F9FBEB8D-5BDF-478D-9C92-D7E7829FB1D4.jpeg

2945894A-562F-4BB0-9A68-B2E4BACD440D.jpeg

6D96730D-12E0-4FC9-B7EB-E6116F1A110D.jpeg

93B11369-E9B8-433A-97D2-DAEA94675E6C.jpeg

C103E5DA-C2E4-4CB8-8104-715CA2A17F9D.jpeg

Got my pair in today from the shock drop. Here are a few comparison photos of my ‘04 pair and the ‘19 pair. Off the top, some subtle differences are netting placement and the chrome jumpman. In my opinion, the shade of the grey is not that much different from each other. However, the ‘04 pair seems a bit softer in terms of the materials used, especial around the ankle collar. As others have mentioned, the suede on the ‘19 cool greys pretty much feel the same as the ‘19 breds.

18583AD4-439E-43CA-83E5-97CC12FBE84A.jpeg

F9FBEB8D-5BDF-478D-9C92-D7E7829FB1D4.jpeg

2945894A-562F-4BB0-9A68-B2E4BACD440D.jpeg

6D96730D-12E0-4FC9-B7EB-E6116F1A110D.jpeg

93B11369-E9B8-433A-97D2-DAEA94675E6C.jpeg

C103E5DA-C2E4-4CB8-8104-715CA2A17F9D.jpeg
Thank you for the comparison I can’t wait until I get my pair

Back
Top Bottom