Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by caleb4god

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

So many hurt feelings in this thread

highway robbery will hurt ur feelings sometimes. could you imagine if jordan was 10 seasons in without one championship? the love for a man who chokes and hides in the biggest moments astounds me.
I am still trying to figure that out. Barkley, Ewing, and Malone never got defended as much. 

this. and im a huge barkley fan but clutch he was not. ask the rockets lol. funny thing is i liked lebron until that whole decision fiasco. after that i gave the one pr of lbjs i ever bought ( the 2s) and gave em to a young friend of mine who needed bball shoes. they came unglued when he needed em most. not even lying. I ended up grabbin him a pr of kd3s for cheap to replace em.i guess that about sums it all up

Originally Posted by nyk buc

I guess Durant does not play any defense. 
laugh.gif

What am I missing? 
I never said that. I said on his team, he's not asked to stop anybody. He plays defense, but he's not OKC's anchor. His main role on OKC's is to score the ball. 
LBJ's is the best on his own team at scoring/rebounding/defending/playmaking -> basically he anchors everything the Heat does offensively and defensively.

It's good if you watch some basketball and know the role of the players first. 
So I guess whenever the Heat play the Thunder, Durant is not asked to play Lebron......
Its all opinions, because when Lebron goes another season without a championship, the people lined up to give excuses will be ridiculous.

If Lebron a had descent PG, his assists and and amount of playmaking would not be needed as much.

I'm not taking anything away from him, but he was not deserving of the MVP award this year. 
Durant guards Lebron b/c that's his position. He's not "asked" to guard Lebron. Anyways....
It takes time to win a championship. Lebron will win multiple championships when his career is over. The guy is too good not to. 

You are aware WAde averaged 7 dimes multiple times in his career right? Wade is one of the better playmakers in the league, and he has to defer to LBJ.

If he's not deserving of the MVP, who is? Who else led his team in points AND rebounds AND assists AND anchors the defense? You really cannot be serious. C'mon man. You have to understand the media does NOT want LBJ to win the MVP b/c of gthe Decision. But the fact that he still wins it tells you what kind of season he had. MVP is a REGULAR SEASON award. He was BY FAR the best player in the league, and his team was a top team. 

Again: who else led his team in points/rebounds/assists and anchors the defense? Ask yourself that and maybe you'll realize (hopefully with enough basketball knowledge) who else is more deserving? 

highway robbery will hurt ur feelings sometimes. could you imagine if jordan was 10 seasons in without one championship? the love for a man who chokes and hides in the biggest moments astounds me but good luck to u heat fans regardless.
I don't know of too many people that have defended his failures. Titles are the biggest prize but to tune out what might be one of the greatest stretches of individual dominance in the sport is also crazy. He's come up short on more than one occasion and has been criticized rightfully so but to just disregard his other accomplishments is dumbfounding. He'll definitely have to finally win one in order to be mentioned in the upper echelon of greats that much is true.

I never said that. I said on his team, he's not asked to stop anybody. He plays defense, but he's not OKC's anchor. His main role on OKC's is to score the ball. 
LBJ's is the best on his own team at scoring/rebounding/defending/playmaking -> basically he anchors everything the Heat does offensively and defensively.

It's good if you watch some basketball and know the role of the players first. 
So I guess whenever the Heat play the Thunder, Durant is not asked to play Lebron......
Its all opinions, because when Lebron goes another season without a championship, the people lined up to give excuses will be ridiculous.

If Lebron a had descent PG, his assists and and amount of playmaking would not be needed as much.

I'm not taking anything away from him, but he was not deserving of the MVP award this year. 
Durant guards Lebron b/c that's his position. He's not "asked" to guard Lebron. Anyways....
It takes time to win a championship. Lebron will win multiple championships when his career is over. The guy is too good not to. 

You are aware WAde averaged 7 dimes multiple times in his career right? Wade is one of the better playmakers in the league, and he has to defer to LBJ.

If he's not deserving of the MVP, who is? Who else led his team in points AND rebounds AND assists AND anchors the defense? You really cannot be serious. C'mon man. You have to understand the media does NOT want LBJ to win the MVP b/c of gthe Decision. But the fact that he still wins it tells you what kind of season he had. MVP is a REGULAR SEASON award. He was BY FAR the best player in the league, and his team was a top team. 

Again: who else led his team in points/rebounds/assists and anchors the defense? Ask yourself that and maybe you'll realize (hopefully with enough basketball knowledge) who else is more deserving? 

Another fact: the ONLY other player who matched/exceeded Lebron's statline this year? ONLY Michael Jordan. It was a HISTORIC season. 

highway robbery will hurt ur feelings sometimes. could you imagine if jordan was 10 seasons in without one championship? the love for a man who chokes and hides in the biggest moments astounds me but good luck to u heat fans regardless.
I don't know of too many people that have defended his failures. Titles are the biggest prize but to tune out what might be one of the greatest stretches of individual dominance in the sport is also crazy. He's come up short on more than one occasion and has been criticized rightfully so but to just disregard his other accomplishments is dumbfounding. He'll definitely have to finally win one in order to be mentioned in the upper echelon of greats that much is true.

the man is an animal on the court there is no denying it but the traveling they allow that dude to get away with makes me switch off any game hes involved in most times. ive seen the dude literally take 5 steps and all i hear from the announcers is oh what a move by james while everyone in the building is simultaneously making the traveling motion with their arms

the man is an animal on the court there is no denying it but the traveling they allow that dude to get away with makes me switch off any game hes involved in most times. ive seen the dude literally take 5 steps and all i hear from the announcers is oh what a move by james while everyone in the building is simultaneously making the traveling motion with their arms
This issue is all on the refs. It's been going for a while and really needs to be addressed. From Jordan to Kobe and now Lebron, they've all gotten away with way more than an average player would. Of course Stern isn't gonna do anything about it while he's banking of the success of superstars 
eyes.gif
tired.gif

This.

The most polarizing thing about LeBron is the treatment he gets and its a damn shame. There are basically 2 camps on paper. The first camp is in denial about how privileged he is. The second camp hypes up everything in LeBron's case just to hate on his greatness.

The truth is likely somewhere in between these 2 modes of thinking, but the media machine called ESPN is in the business of selling the LeBron brand. To get straight to the point, LeBron's greatness isn't enough to balance out his treatment for some people. That's not to say that he isn't one of the most gifted athletes to play pro sports, it's just noting the level of ridiculousness the shameless protection of LeBron has not only reached, but sustained.

I remember having League Pass a few years ago, and Mike Tirico was being broadcasted when he didn't realize (taking a sip) as he was going back and forth with the other announcer about whether they should mention LeBron's turnovers that game (I think he had 6 or 7 in a loss). I was sickened. Stuff like this changes the way the passing public sees LeBron and they know it. All it takes for LeBron to stay in the scoring race is a couple extra foul calls (he's gonna make 3) and the refs know it. Anyway, Bron's a beast, but he's also had the key to the city since he's had the keys to his Hummer.

Who gave 4th and 5th place votes for LeBron?! Who? I need names. I'm taking those fools to the vacants!

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Who gave 4th and 5th place votes for LeBron?! Who? I need names. I'm taking those fools to the vacants!
Cleveland & Los Angeles voters?

Originally Posted by Air273

i mean dude won mvp with wade as his 2nd best player......wade is top 10 in mvp voting 5 of his first 8 seasons in the nba not counting this season......and many think wade is the more clutch of the 2.......durant should have won MVP........and boy will it look bad if durant beats lebron in the finals.....this mvp will go down as the most worthless mvp in nba history........and i'm not a lebron hater, i like lebron and think he is the best player in the nba, having said that you dont win mvp's shacking up with a guy who won a ring/finals MVP, you dont get respect winning a championship on a stacked favorite to win championship when you're trying to become the greatest ever.......lebrons first ring wouldnt compare with jordan's.....dont forget jordan became the greatest ever after 2 or 3 rings........

i love how people with regard to kobe/lebron say call me when they win 6/7, nah man call me when they win 9 or 10 and have the stats to back it......magic had 5 and yet people called jordan GOAT after he won his 3rd, many people forget that or just werent alive at the time.

Michael Jordan never had 2 allstar teammates.......how bad will it look for lebron 3 time MVP to not win with 2 allstar teammates? lebron HAS to win the championship

No... But he had one the 50th greatest in NBA History in  Pippen......
ohwell.gif

Surprised at the speech Bron gave..... well done.

Bron could have won the MVP last year too but the Cleveland Exit fiasco and the drama that happened afterwards......

Durant will get at least a couple MVP's before its all said and done... but the all-around game of Lebron makes him a contender for the award every year..

That said, he has to win... this year.... or at least leave it all on the floor...in the FINALS..... no disappearance in the ECF (Orlando) or 2nd round (Boston) and def not the Finals (Dallas)....

One day, we'll look back at Derrick Rose's MVP last year with the same type of confusion that we currently look at Nash's 2 MVPs.

How MVP voters can completely ignore the defensive side of the ball just baffles me.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

One day, we'll look back at Derrick Rose's MVP last year with the same type of confusion that we currently look at Nash's 2 MVPs.

How MVP voters can completely ignore the defensive side of the ball just baffles me.

What do you mean one day? Already happened. 

End of Lebrons MVP Speech

"This is NOT what I want, (speaking of the MVP trophy)...I want that Championship....and thats all that matters to me."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Do it Bron!!! Do what your supposed to do and get that RING!

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

What do you mean one day? Already happened. 

Please, if D.Rose didn't struggle with injuries all year he would have won MVP again. He could have won for many years to come if hadn't had that terrible injury. Now the door is open James and Durant to gobble them up. No salt, I love Lebron. Jus saiyan....

Back
Top Bottom